Born Legacy - A Jake_Gtfc_Burrows Story

What team should I be - I will have a good reputation due to my Career with Stoke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score

View attachment 270744
*Ring Ring*

JB: Hello?
JP: Burrows! It's JP how you been?!
JB: JP haha! ****** **** didnt recognise your voice there for a second, i have been brilliant mate, Menorca is fantastic just the life i needed pal!
JP: Ah that's great to hear! Well, how's the football going? Boshing out all the titles in the leagues there, as per usual?
JB: C'mon, remember when i left Stoke i told you that i've had enough of football, life was too fussy then continuous attention all the time, mental! Peter proper ****** my life up when he went off the rails like that, i am happy here, got a beautiful wife. Life at the minute is superb.
JP: Right, am just going to come out with it.. i've been thinking maybe it's time you come back, start a fresh over in Engla-
JB: Goodbye!

2 Hours Later;

I've been thinking, ever since JP's call. Maybe he was right, maybe i should go back to England, i am well-known, and surely finding a job cant be hard.
I spoke to the wife and she's all set to move maybe it's for the best for everyone if i go back, secretly deep i have missed the footballing life. i best give him a call.

JP: Jake! You rang back.
JB: I've been thinking and i think your right, it's time to come back and the missus doesnt mind either!
JP: I'll get you a flight sorted and send you back over here!
JB: Cheers Playaa!

************************************************************************************

Decided to make a new story after my http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/93338-potters-story.html it will be up until FM13 and it's slightly linking in with my old story but it's a new save so wont be on about it too much! i will be doing it Enjoy

ps. one question would you prefer the matches to be match by match or monthly?​

Last edited:

Manchester Airport

JP: Lovely to see you again Mr Burrows, how was your flight?
JB: Cheers mate, great to be back, cant wait to get involved again!
JP: Well, i am keeping a look-out for a club. i was thinkng, the best idea is maybe to send the news to the papers and clubs could be interested.
JB: ok, i'll keep a look-out if any clubs become available. For now though i need to go house hunting aha, preferably near a clothes store, she's already nagging!
JP: hah, Women eh!

It's here! I am back in England and ready to go. It's been a long time however i am ready for the challenge of going back.
As usual though, nothing has changed in my mind on the football i like my teams to play. A neat passing style of play is the plan and teams will be built on that basis.

************************************************************************************​

Defo monthly updates mate, match by match would be too much posting. Wouldn't be able to keep up

Great start btw :)

go liverpool as they have allen (if you use LFCMarshall's update) and you can utilize young players like Sterling!

Voted Everton as I hate Liverpool

Glad your back as really enjoyed your Stoke save (how could i not being a potter and seeing them winning everything) and was first story read on here and sorta got me hooked, anyway voted for Everton though wouldnt mind spurs i guess.

However it woulda been fun if you had moved too a new country and got 'swindled' into getting back into football with a team in that country, but oh well il still follow

I am using the lfcmarshall update, and thanks guys and ignore the poll end date, I'll probally just choose what team is first later on after I've added a new update, update soon !

Also if any body can think of good teams to be in a different country then just post your ideas, !

View attachment 271016

BURROWS IS BACK!

Thats right! Former Stoke City manager has arrived back in England after some time away. Jake has been living in Menorca with his wife since leaving the managerial role at the Potters and is rumoured to be looking for a new club pretty soon.
Burrows left the helm at the Brittania Stadium due to circumstances between him and the chairman, Peter Coates. Word from Stoke was that the pairr had fallen out due to Coates going off the rails and selling star men Mbaye Niang,Thiago and Shawcross. Which consiquently Jake resigned from his post and moved away.
We spoke to Jake upon his arrival at Manchester Airport, here's what he had to say. " I'm back in England, looking for football. i have missed the job and haven't seen much football in Menorca. However i will not be rushing into anything but if the right job becomes available then yes i will show an interest. My biggest challenge personally will be getting back to the top of the tree as a manager, however that's my challenge set which i WILL achieve. It was a massive disappointment with what happened at Stoke however i am starting again and forgetting it all "

It is rumoured that newly promoted West Ham United are looking at the Grimsby born manager's signature however the talented boss will be looking at the possibility of a more statured club. More news as soon as we get it!

That will be the last time i mention about stoke, everybody keep voting what team or mention a team from a different country.

sounds good mate, your stoke story was the best story i read. However dont you think being everton is just like being stoke. So that is why i voted tottenham.

Guys, any suggestions for a team outside of England? i fancy getting the save started soon so need to know :p!

Spain= Valencia, Athletic Bilbao, Athletic Madrid, Sevilla,

Italy= Fiorentina, Parma, Napoli, Lazio, Udinese

Germany= Hamburg, Gladbach, Leverkusen, Stuttgart

France= Marseille, Lille, Auxerre, Monaco

Just too name a couple from the big leagues in europe, obviously could go too a smaller league for a challenge (continentally anyway)
Your choice off course