Born Legacy - A Jake_Gtfc_Burrows Story

What team should I be - I will have a good reputation due to my Career with Stoke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe go Hoffenheim, Real Sporting or Valenciennes. Have had good saves with all of them.

4th July 2011

* Ring Ring *

JP:
Burrows, i have some great news; Athletico Madrid manager has resigned from his post there, you interested?
JB: Woahh, I thought i was coming back to England? This is where I wont to be...
JP: Yeahh i know however this is a perfect opportunity, a club with so much talent and potential, you would have a future there.
JB: How would they be interested tho-
JP: Your known all over the world for what you did at Stoke, i was on their website whilst i was looking at the reasons behind him resigning and i came across this;

'The club are sorry to inform Athletico's that our current manager has decided to resigned from his post at the club; for un-disclosed reasons - rumoured however due to an illness which he has had whilst he had been at the club has gotten worse and he has informed the club of his intentions to get better. Also news from Athletico Madrid that Jake Burrows has been highlighted as favourite for the job as he makes his return to football after a break away from the sport...'

JB: Well in that case, lets go for it, tell the board that i am interested for the post and will make myself available for consideration!
JP: I'm on the job right away.

************************************************************************************

next update later or in the morning, depends if the internet goes off!

Last edited:
Meanwhile at Goodison Park...

David Moyes has asked to see chairman Bill Kenwright to an important meeting at the club's stadium.

BK: David! What's with all this meeting business, it's 7 o'clock!

DM: Sorry Bill, but I wouldn't of called if it weren't important, you know that..

BK: Ok ok, get on with it then old chap!

DM: Before you say I haven't thought about this, then your wrong - i have. I am handing in my resignation, i believe i have brought Everton Football Club as far as i can, and i decided i want to take up a new challenge.

BK: I am sorry to hear that quite frankly, however i respect your decision and i wish you great success in the future, keep in touch..

DM: Thankyou, and i will. i best go collect my things and say goodbye to the lads.

2 Minutes later...

Kenwright is on the phone to director Ken Woods..

BK: Ken, David has just resigned, get on the job of getting Burrows, Jake Burrows ...

*********************************************************************************************

Update Tomorrow!

5th July 2011

View attachment 271260

IT'S OFFICAL: Everton announced replacement for Moyes

The Toffees today has announced that their new manager will be Jake Burrows. The Grimsby born gaffer has only just come back to the country looking for a new job, and was given the post after long term manager David Moyes resigned from thejob, Bill Kenwright was delighted to talk to us this morning upon his new manager before the Press Conference:

"Jake is a fantastic manager, and i am very excited to be working with such a young and well-known, talanted manager. As soon as David left the club we were on the phone to Jake as soon as to get a deal sorted. Thankyou very much "
It was believed that Jake would be joining Athletico Madrid however he made a massive U-turn to stay in England and he joined The Toffees. Burrows is know for taking Stoke City and turning them into world beaters before an unfortunate turn of events at the Brittania and Jake quit. His first match in charge will be the Second Leg of the Europa League 1st Round Qualifier.

The Press Conference is happening at 12.00pm today

Everything Good so far?!

5th July 2011 12.00pm

My first conference as an Everton manager is about to start, i am actually so nervous. They're going to be throwing questions at me like i dont know what. Right, any questions about the past i am just going to move on from... tell them that i am not interested in my past, only my present and future. Should i tell them about my target men or keep it a surprise for later ...

Then all of a sudden out of now where Bill came out in front of me
BK: Jake, you ready son!? Your first conference under Evertonian roof, i am sure your used to it be anyway good luck!

JB: Well you know, first ones aren't always easy. However i am ready for this, let the Questions commence!

Ladies and Gentleman, everybody welcome Everton's new manager Mr Jake Burrows!

*Applause*

JB: Thankyou everyone, i am much looking forward to taking this club forward, i met the staff and players this morning and everybody has been very warm and welcoming.

The Sun Reporter: Jake, you have been away from football for a long time, what made you decide to come back?

JB: I felt the time was right, i missed the sport and what goes with it , so i decided to move back. That's all i have to say on the matter.

The Mirror: But .. What made you leave in the first place, everybody has arguements with their boss, what made you different to leave..

JB: Like i just said i have nothing else on the matter.

The Mirror: ok, will you be using your nice passing style of play at Everton?

JB: Of Course, it works - it will be very effective during the season, i will also be concentrating on fitness levels as it's just as important to finish good as starting good. The passing style of play will come in to play as all throughout the match the opposition chase the ball to no aveil however the fitness of my players will be able to kill the match at the end.

Merseyside Daily: You joined the club when Baines and Jagielka are expected to leave, do you want to keep them, also who is in your mind?

JB: Of course i want to keep the players, they will be the main men when it comes to team play, we need them...
Also i have plenty of people on my mind - Cheryl Cole mainly...
However on footballing terms, i will be looking at the capture of Ryan Shawcross, Del Pier-

* Sarcastic Laughter from reporters *

JB: No ... Seriously !

The Daily Star:
Who do you actually plan to sign?

JB: Emile Heskey ... Well 'If Your going to ask stupid questions then your going to get stupid answers!'

The Guardian: Okay ok, so finally what made you choose Everton, over Athletico Madrid? Surely sunny Spain would of been a more fancier option

JB: i have unfinished buisness in England...

**********************************************************************************************​

7th July 2011

First Win For Burrows!

View attachment 271275

Everton's 1st Round Qualifier Second Leg was Jake Burrows' first match in charge of The Toffees, the blues were 3-0 up from the first leg and looked comfortable winners of the match.

Everton 7 - 0 Daugava D.
Baines,Jagielka(2),OG,Pienaar,Anchiebe,Vellios

The match was comfortablly won in the end with an 10 - 0 aggregate scoreline and the men in blue are through the the Second Qualifing Round. This was Burrows' first game in charge and the lads looked very comfortable on the ball - a tactic of Jake's already working?

MOM Phil Jagielka - 2 Goals​

Last edited:
12th July 2011

IT'S A DONE DEL!

View attachment 271290

Everton today announced that they have signed former Juventus star Del Pierro. The striker has signed a one year deal with the option of an extended season if all goes to plan. Del Pierro was a free transfer after being released from the Italian club. Burrows spoke at a conference today after introducing his first signing ;
'Del Pierro is a player with fantastic experience and talent,and that is exactly what we need to do well this season. At 36 he has still got it! Unfortuantly he isn't available for the Europa League Second Round Qualifiers however he is in the frame for the friendly against Hereford. There will be more players arriving , with one potentially on it's way tomorrow! More news on that will follow.

Spectalation on Everton's next signing has been on the cards, with Ryan Shawcross rumoured to be around Liverpool however which club he goes to is still a mystery. Also Huddersfield keeper Smithies is a target for Burrows however nothing has been confirmed.

View attachment 271291

Just in we have been given news that Everton have had an offer accepted from PSG for 30 year old winger Nene who is flying in to England for a contract talks later tomorrow.

Anybody got any advice, players etc?​

14th July 2011

Seven Heaven For Everton!

View attachment 271319

Today was the Second Qualifing Round 1st Leg, Everton were the comfortable favourites to win the match and they never let the expections down.

Juvenes Dogana 0 - 7 Everton
Miralas(3),Jagielka,Coleman,Vellios,Gibson

As you can tell by the Scoreline, the match was comfortablly won. With Miralas grabbing himself a Hatrick on the way. Fantastic performance by the whole team, with Jagielka on the score sheet once again.

MOM - Miralas - 3 Goals 1 Assist

21st July 2011

Burrows On Cloud Nine!

View attachment 271321

The Sun was shining on Mersyside tonight as Everton played the Second Leg of their Qualifing Round. As Jake Burrows made his third competetive match today with 3 back to back 7-0 + scorelines!

Everton 9 - 0 Juvenes Dogana
Mirallas(2),Vellios(4),Fellani,Baines,OG
SO - Steven Pienaar

Evertonian Fans were delighted with their teams performance tonight as they went home 9 nil winners! Burrows said after the match 'The Boys are really working hard, and it is really showing all ready!' The only downside off the match was Steven Pienaar getting sent off for a nasty tackle late into the first half.

MOM - Vellios 4 goals

**************************************************************************************************

i am only doing the 1st and 2nd leg matches in twos, other than i will be single apart from friendlies. is that okay with everyone? :)

Last edited:
28th July 2011

Dominate Start For The Toffees

View attachment 271376

Everton produces an excellent display off passing and flair today as the saw off SV Ried to give themselves a good chance in the Second Leg

Everton 4 - 0 SV Ried
Jagielka,Mirallas,Jelavic(2)

Jelavic showed manager Burrows exactly why he should be in the team today as he came off the bench at Half-Time to score twice. Mirallas and Jagielka always got on the scoresheet taking their total for their Europa League campaign to 7 and 4 respectivly

MOM - Jelavic - 2 Goals

4th August 2011

Confident Performance From Burrows' Boys

View attachment 271377

Everton produced the goods when it mattered to finish off SV Ried in the Second Leg of the Qualifier.

SV Ried 1 - 3 Everton
Mirallas,Jelavic,Barkley

Going in at Half-Time at 1-1 , everything Jake said about fitness and controlling the match in the second half paid off. As they carried on the form they have showed throughout Pre-Season as they progressed to the next round.

MOM - Barkley - 1 Goal 1 Assist

i'm not going to make a post for the friendlies however we won all 3 7-0 :)
how's everyone liking it? The new set out etc?​

Last edited:
5th August 2011

Double Deal For Burrows!

View attachment 271384 View attachment 271385

Everton have today announced that they have signed Ryan Shawcross and Nene. Just like we told you last week, Everton had a £7.5million pound bid accepted and were quick to wrap up the contract. Jake said this morning

" I have been a long admirer of Ryan and i am glad to of picked him up and so cheaply considering the talent and potential of the young chap. He is a player of great future and i cannot wait to see what the future holds for him and i hope he can be a massive part of our future success"

Former Paris St Germain winger Nene joined The Toffees for an undisclosed fee however it is believed to be around the 5 million mark. He spoke to us as he arrived at Goodison park;

" I am delighted to off joined Everton, they have a new fantastic manager in place and the club look to be on the up, and i am looking forward to being part of that. I was obviously disappointed to off been placed on the Transfer Market however when Everton approached i knew i had to go."

" Nene is a fantastic player, and will offer us pace and talent down the flanks and through the middle, he is a perfect player to be able to break open defences and create chances for our striker but also pop up with goals himself. he also brings with him bags of experience so that will also benefit the team. "

13th August 2011

Solid Performance Gains Everton Victory

View attachment 271389

Everton came off winners today to start the season off with three points. Eventually Burrows seemed please with the win in a frustrating game for The Toffees.

Everton 2 - 1 Southampton
Jelavic(2)

Everton dominated the match throughout and possibly should of scored more if K.Davies hadn't been on-form for Southampton. Manager Jake Burrows was getting frustrated on the sidelines as his team couldnt get the winner they deserved but it finally came to gift him the three points.

MOM - Jelavic - 2 Goals

Last edited: