bornexplorer88's Chairman Game 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, not being biased, which non-C2C transfer do you think was the best? I would say Romero for AV, but he's OP anyway.

Last edited:
Hull on a spending spree

​Hull City finalize 5 signings.

View attachment 770439
Today has been a very busy day at the KC Stadium. Hull City wish to announce a total of 5 new signings. "This could be the day that changes our whole season" chairman Chris Kamara was quoted saying. So, getting down to business, here are the new recruits:

Lucas (Lucas Rios Marques)
View attachment 301661

Lucas is a player we managed to pick up on a free transfer after he was recently released by Botafogo. He has impressed at trial, and will probably be our first choice right back this season.
Lucas has 2 national caps for Brazil, and is, at 26 years of age, in his prime. He is a wing back of the old Brazilian school, with a lot of offensive quality. We are sure he will be an exciting player to watch this season.

Gary Mackay-Steven
View attachment 301660

Gary Mackay-Steven is a promising Scottish winger signed from Celtic for £1.4M. At 23 years old, he has spent several years in Scotland, and has made his debut for the Scottish national team. Gary spent several years at Liverpool in his youth, and is excited to make a return to English football.

James Tavernier
View attachment 301659

James Tavernier is a promising right back signed from Wigan for £2.1M. James spent several years at Newcastle in his youth, and featured in 2 games in the Premier League in the 2012/2013 season. We are hoping that James will be challenging Lucas for the right back spot in years to come, and even now he brings in some good cover in a season where we will be competing domestically as well as in Europe.

Lucas Digne
View attachment 770447

Lucas Digne signs on loan for the season from PSG, with an option to buy. Lucas is a very promising French left back, and at only 21 years of age, he has his future ahead of him. Lucas has already played more than 50 games in League 1, and will be our first choice left back this season. He also has made 3 appearances for the French national side, which is another sign of his massive quality. We can't wait to see him bombing up the left wing this season.

Vincent Aboubakar
View attachment 301658

Last, but, in no shape or form, least is our new power forward, Vincent Aboubakar. Vincent signs from FC Porto for £6.25M. He has played 27 games for Cameroon, and last season, he scored 16 goals for FC Lorient in league 1.
Vincent is a true complete forward. He is lightning fast, very strong, a quality finisher and very mobile. We are really looking forward to seeing Vincent team up with one of our other forwards in creating a dynamic forward duo this season.
Even though he is only 22 years old, Vincent has lots of seasons in French football under his belt. He is already established as a quality striker, and can only improve in the future. We are delighted about this coup!

Last edited:
So guys, not being biased, which non-C2C transfer do you think was the best? I would say Romero for AV, but he's OP anyway.

I'd have to agree about Romero to QPR, but Munir to Southampton is also a real coup. I think Tielemans is a bit young to make a massive impact this season. In my opinion, Tottenham have made some very good signings too in Zivkovic (fantastic already), Redmond (future English international) and Roberts (great prospect).

Both great signings, surprised no one else went for munir or Jesse as well though. Only put Jesse as I thought one of the big teams would get munir

For me, money was the issue with Munir. He cost like £12.5M I think, and getting Aboubakar for half of that was the deciding factor for me!

For me, money was the issue with Munir. He cost like £12.5M I think, and getting Aboubakar for half of that was the deciding factor for me!

I was also looking at him but hate acon players leaving in the busiest part of the calender

I cant believe i missed out on Patrick Roberts and Nathan Redmond! i thought my offer of 40k a week wages was huge! Glad to get my other youngsters

I cant believe i missed out on Patrick Roberts and Nathan Redmond! i thought my offer of 40k a week wages was huge! Glad to get my other youngsters
Haha, ever the optimist as he sits their with the best first team core/squad regardless of business!

I'm toying with the idea of doing a draft style transfer for next season, each team gets one draft pick each and then from Play-off Promoted Team with 1st pick, and finally with EPL Champions having 20th Pick, but prior to that pick the teams can try and buy the draft pick of the other teams... in early planning but we'll see.

PS> In the game check out the wages you got beat by they were close!!

Last edited:
Just simmed the save and Schneirdelin went to PSG for £11Million that will be a ****** for the Southampton boss!

Just simmed the save and Schneirdelin went to PSG for £11Million that will be a ****** for the Southampton boss!

Will be getting the sack if he goes so cheap lol kinda expecting him to go that why I got eatrada on a free. Just noticed jese is out for 5months :-/

764402d1422998259-bornexplorer88s-chairman-game-2015-image.jpg

Manchester United Revel In Early Transfer Window Lull

Manchester United owner Tobey Mason and club manager Louis Van Gaal seem to be biding their time in the current Transfer Window. In what seems to be a cheque book trigger happy window for all the other clubs. Manchester United have so far sold more players than they have bought in so far.

The likes of Johnny Evans, Chris Smalling and Marouanne Fellaini have all been sacrificed and sold by the club. This has freed up valuable wage funds and secured further transfer funds to improve the squad.

Manchester United have bought in Ross Barkley (£24,000,000) and Mats Hummels (Undisclosed).

View attachment 301589View attachment 301587

Mason has stated that he is happy with his clubs dealings within the window so far stating that Manchester United always buy with intent and not for fancy. He added that although he did not agree with the quartet swap involving fierce rivals Manchester City and Liverpool he thought that Liverpool had clearly benefited from a complete blunder from City. Mason also hit out at Patrick Roberts who has joined Tottenham claiming that he was offered a role at United and with first team football but he in the eyes of Mason has clearly chosen the money at Spurs.

View attachment 301583
King happy with Transfer Dealings!

King: "I am pleased to welcome three new faces to the Tottenham faithful, which I'm sure they'll be pleased to see!

Zivkovic
View attachment 301582
Position: Striker
Nationality: Dutch

"Zivkovic is a fantastic young talent who, if managed properly, will become a world class talent in the coming years. Some may say he is too young to be a direct replacement for Adebayor but I disagree, if anyone has seen him play they'd know the confidence this young lad has is amazing. He will be given some game time this season and hopefully he makes the most of it."

Nathan Redmond
View attachment 301578
Position: Winger
Nationality: English

"Nathan is another fantastic young player who already has plenty of premier league experience, playing most of the league games for Norwich last season. As we had loaned out Lennon to Everton for the season, we moved quickly to secure a young proven talent who could compete with both Chadli and Lamela for a place in the starting lineup. I have faith he will prove himself invaluable throughout the season."

Patrick Roberts
View attachment 301577
Position: Winger
Nationality: English

"Another young English player has joined up from Fulham, Patrick Roberts. Patrick is definitely seen as one for the future. In saying that I'm sure if given his change this season from the bench, he will grasp it with both hands! We felt another winger was required as Townsend is looking to leave, whether that be on loan of permanently is unclear. I am extremely excited to see Patrick's development!"

"Manchester United offered Roberts a contract with good money but to be honest, he said he wasn't interested in fighting for a top 10 finish and would prefer to be fighting for the champions league spots and beyond!"

Roberts stated these exact words "ManUtd are not the same club anymore, they don't have the same lure they used to. Why would I want to play for a team that when finishing in the top 10 is considered a step forward."

Finally...

"As you can see, I am looking to bring in young players with the majority being English as I am confident in our new generation of English players and would like to see us push on come the next world cup!"

"This season is looking to be an exciting one! ...To dare is to do!!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back