Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
View attachment 304576
bornexplorer88's
Chairman Game
(using LFC Marshall's January Update when it's available, I can't stress enough to donate, that guy does alot of work in the editor)​

For having not played one of these in a while; and having not seen any this year, thus far. I have decided to start running my own, please be aware that I have made many changes to the rules this year, to make it more competitive and realistic, so please read these rules again.

New Players
For those who don't know what a Chairman game is, it's essentially a game where 20 people become the chairmen of all the clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that "chairman" can announce what they have done in the thread via a Press Release.

So, here are the rules, give them a read, even you experienced players, as I have made a lot of changes this year to help with my workload and as always follow the rule them if you participate.

Rules
Joining the Game - "The forum/participation rules"
1) To sign up you must have a copy of FM15. This is essential because I will be running my game on FM15 and so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) If you join you agree to put some effort into your press releases. If you won't be able to spare a few minutes to write a proper post then don't bother to sign up.

3) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.

4) Before joining, read ALL of the rules on this page and make sure you understand them. If you do not understand something then PM me and I will explain it to you.

Game Rules

General - "The bare necessities"
1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full (wage x period left on contract-rounded upto the nearest £100000)

2) Only realistic staff appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to being Pep Guardiola to Stoke.

3) Signing a manager from another team (non-chairman club) will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract + 25%. You must agree a fee with the clubs chairman when appropriate.

4) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high, especially with Fair-Play sanctions, eg Man City cannot alter budgets at all in the first season.

5) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
£2,500,000 for a minor improvement(+2) to your youth system.
£3,000,000 for a minor improvement (+2) to your traning facilities.
I may allow stadiums to be upgraded in future seasons, but not initially. Any upgrades done will need to be paid in full therefore they will come directly out of your funds, if you wish to upgrade you will have to sacrifice your buying potential in the transfer windows.

Transfers - "What you all want to know"
NB: No chairman can spend more than £100m in a transfer window, no matter how much money you bring in.

1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them. You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below. Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

2) The number of players that you can sign has become more limited, i'm afraid,
it now goes as follows:

Transfers between chairman clubs - Unlimited

Loans between chairman clubs - Unlimited (50% of wages and 25% of player value as the fee will be sent to the parent club, the chairman can negotiate a future sale price - this will need to be confirmed to me at the time of transfer/loan confirmation)

Transfers of players at lower english clubs or involving Home Grown Players(club or country inc. all UK based nations) - 2 per season

Transfers from foreign clubs - 1 per season

Loans (Backup or below) from foreign clubs - 1 per season (50% of wages and 25% of player value and a future fee of 75% of player value at the time of purchase during the loan only, you will forfit one of your chairman transfers for the next season. They are selected at random in excel, at the point of transfer confirmation, i will reply with the sacrificed chairman slot. You decide if it's woth it)

Free signings - 1 per season (Auction Style)​

3) The price of players is as follows:
Transfers between chairman clubs - Agreed between Chairmen

Transfers that are based in Eng or Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.5 times the current value

Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the current value​

(Excluding transfer listed players (asking price) and those with minimum release clauses.... oh and obviously the deals between us chairman.)

NB. Transfers for U21 players require an additional fee(50% of value), on top of the above mentioned calculations.

4) If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.

5) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.

6) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, although this doesn't mean that they will be sold.

Wages - "Keep an eye on these, they can screw your finances in the long run"
1) This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.
The wages that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at, with the exception to transfer listed players and signed where you met a release clause.

Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:
Player aged 20 or less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - 1.5 times current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.5 times current wage
Chairman Sales - Same as current wage​

Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th
Players aged 20 or less - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - 1.25 times current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - 1.25 times current wage

Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th
Players aged 20 or less - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with less than 10 international caps - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 21 to 29 with more than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 30 or over - Same as current wage
Players that are Home-Grown either by club or country(exc. chairman club players) - Same as current wage

Exceptions to the rules
Transfer Listed Player (non-chairman clubs) - Same as current wage
Release Clause Purchase with less than backup status - 1.5 times current wage
Release Clause Purchase with more than or equal to rotation status - 2.5 time current wage
Release Clause Purchase with less than backup status (Over 26) - Same as current wage
Release Clause Purchase with more than or equal to rotation status (Over 26) - 1.5 times current wage​

So, if you've just skipped down this then GO BACK AND READ ALL THE RULES and if you're still interested then just PM me with all the following information:-

your fm-base username
The team you would like to take over.
Your email address (easier contact for most- "on the go")
Question on new rules or any other aspect.

"Everyone ask one question each please. I get a lot of questions throughout the game and it's simply frustrating, when I feel most questions can be answered by simply reading through the rules."
********************​

Well. Good Luck to our future chairman.​

Last edited:
Club Info

*Subject to change depending on LFC Marshall's January Update file
Arsenal
Predicted Finish: 4th
Current Balance: £268,031,508
Current Transfer Budget: £47,500,000
Current Wage Bill: £1,626,684
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £49.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £1432.00

Aston Villa
Predicted Finish: 15th
Current Balance: £2,210,218
Current Transfer Budget: £5,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £759,738
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £34.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £450.00

Burnley
Predicted Finish: 19th
Current Balance: £3,953,126
Current Transfer Budget: £2,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £316,462
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £40.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £575.00

Chelsea
Predicted Finish: 1st
Current Balance: £106,572,822
Current Transfer Budget: £50,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £2,145,015
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £50.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £822.00

Crystal Palace
Predicted Finish: 20th
Current Balance: £3,401,462
Current Transfer Budget: £10,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £560,010
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £30.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £400.00

Everton
Predicted Finish: 7th
Current Balance: £24,824,481
Current Transfer Budget: £5,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £1,014,657
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £39.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £655.00

Hull
Predicted Finish: 13th
Current Balance: £3,133,735
Current Transfer Budget: £4,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £627,080
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £30.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £540.00

Leicester
Predicted Finish: 18th
Current Balance: £5,716,743
Current Transfer Budget: £9,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £586,291
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £38.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £510.00

Liverpool
Predicted Finish: 5th
Current Balance: £52,468,085
Current Transfer Budget: £32,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £1,627,156
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £44.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £780.00

Man City - RESTRICTED IN TRANSFER MARKET BY FFP
Predicted Finish: 2nd
Current Balance: £89,055,645
Current Wage Bill: £2,125,924
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £40.00
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £500.00

Man Utd
Predicted Finish: 3rd
Current Balance: £124,289,712
Current Transfer Budget: £60,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £2,383,060
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £40
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £750.00

Newcastle
Predicted Finish: 8th
Current Balance: £42,916,180
Current Wage Bill: £792,777
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £25
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £549.00

Q.P.R
Predicted Finish: 16th
Current Balance: £4,204,109
Current Transfer Budget: £6,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £804,903
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £700.00

Southampton
Predicted Finish: 9th
Current Balance: £32,627,523
Current Transfer Budget: £14,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £786,166
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £738.00

Stoke
Predicted Finish: 14th
Current Balance: £10,503,274
Current Transfer Budget: £3,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £788,854
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £37

Sunderland
Predicted Finish: 17th
Current Balance: £4,217,634
Current Transfer Budget: £4,500,000
Current Wage Bill: £788,854
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £18
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £300.00

Swansea
Predicted Finish: 10th
Current Balance: £9,158,101
Current Transfer Budget: £5,750,000
Current Wage Bill: £2,383,060
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £35

Tottenham
Predicted Finish: 6th
Current Balance: £83,889,732
Current Transfer Budget: £20,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £1,271,685
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £38
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £865.00

West Brom

Predicted Finish: 11th
Current Balance: £11,682,599
Current Transfer Budget: £60,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £729,187
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £32
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £470.00

West Ham
Predicted Finish: 12th
Current Balance: £7,482,051
Current Transfer Budget: £6,000,000
Current Wage Bill: £794,696
Avg. Match Ticket Price: £55
Avg. Season Ticket Price: £680.00

Last edited:
Current Chairman

Arsenal - stonecold [email protected]
Aston Villa - conorc98 c[email protected]
Burnley - andy_14clark [email protected]
Chelsea - coolmcool
Crystal Palace - deanhehe
Everton - Lewie Roberts [email protected]
Hull - Znik [email protected]
Leicester - Godfish93 [email protected]
Liverpool - naterr [email protected]
Man City - bornexplorer88 [email protected]
Man Utd - Tobey Mason [email protected]
Newcastle - NathWalker [email protected]
Q.P.R - spanishdave [email protected]
Southampton - Matthew Gary Snook [email protected]
Stoke - Matt419 [email protected]
Sunderland - dwellsync [email protected]
Swansea - Portugal8713 [email protected]
Tottenham - Disclaimer89 [email protected]
West Brom - zacram
West Ham - olly24 [email protected]

Reserve List:-
(Max. 5 people)
  1. LeedsUnitedAndProud [email protected]
  2. Eoin McG [email protected]
  3. Murley
  4. wonderkid360 [email protected]
  5. Rootsey [email protected]

Last edited:
Greetings to all the fellow chairman's. And thanks to Borne for the invite.
Looking forward to some good seasons and hope we can get through to at least 3 seasons.

Cheers for the Invite Borne!

Looking forward to having another Chairman journey, hopefully see some of old faces from last year's game :)

I second the donations to Marchall if you guys ever use his updates. It is insane the amount of changes he has to make. If anyone has made any changes using the editor before they'll know that to make a few changes takes a good while to get it right!

Last edited:
yeh cheers for the invite!

And thanks for the hours of work you will no doubt put into this!

I am looking forward to having Arnold Schwarzenegger running a "soccer" club again! and the inevitable fight for Pulis

Relatively new to fmbase, this seems interesting. Is the game played online or does bornexplorer play the games and post results? Very interested in Southampton. Can someone link previous versions of this for me please

yeh cheers for the invite!

And thanks for the hours of work you will no doubt put into this!

I am looking forward to having Arnold Schwarzenegger running a "soccer" club again! and the inevitable fight for Pulis

Awesome! I have Sylvester Stallone lined up for Spurs..

Ah to extend our rivalry from the BAP game to here would be my pleasure ;)

i like the rules about less foreign transfers, as i feel it will force more chairman to interact with each other and arrange deals rather than half of the people just waiting for the foreign window.

i like the rules about less foreign transfers, as i feel it will force more chairman to interact with each other and arrange deals rather than half of the people just waiting for the foreign window.

I agree, will be a lot more interaction this way!

I'm baaaack! So glad to see a chairman game again, and baring Borne responding to my PM, I have chosen my club. Fair to say, it's not who you would expect as a LFC fan. ;) Just happy for Borne doing this again as I didn't enter the 1st one, but I have had lots of experience, some has been a success, some a FAIL for me. (Ask Disclaimer = Torres? :p)

Last edited:
I'm baaaack! So glad to see a chairman game again, and baring Borne responding to my PM, I have chosen my club. Fair to say, it's not who you would expect as a LFC fan. ;) Just happy for Borne doing this again as I didn't enter the 1st one, but I have had lots of experience, some has been a success, some a FAIL for me. (Ask Disclaimer = Torres? :p)

Ah, we meet again. Hopefully the Liverpool/Newcastle rivalry of old will be replicated again, albeit with fairly different clubs!

Ah, we meet again. Hopefully the Liverpool/Newcastle rivalry of old will be replicated again, albeit with fairly different clubs!
Bring it on! Good to see some guys from last year and some new guys join this year! Will be an interesting league this season for sure! :)

already typing out my first conference, looking forward to this... can i post it soon as im done or should i wait?

Have been bugging Borne for ages!! Glad this is back Awesome!!! Louis Van Gaal will show you all!!

Wow I got a transfer budget of 60 mil at west brom.....?

seems like it might be a little high haha

Status
Not open for further replies.