bornexplorer88's Chairman Game - Story

SKY SPORTS NEWS UNDERSTANDS That Steve Clarke as confirmed Man City duo Matija Nastasic & Jack Rodwell have accepted the opportunity to join West Bromwich Albion on a one year loan deal. Both players have been linked with a string of clubs outside England, but both shared the same desire to stay in the Premier League. Clarke said he was keen to win the chase and is delighted with his two new additions. Clarke heaped praise on Sir Bobby Robson for negotiating the deal to bring two full internationals to the club.

Gio Kinklanze also told SKY SPORTS NEWS that "this is a fantastic opportunity for two young players to gain valuable first team football, which will stand them in good stead for our future development of the club".

Last edited:
View attachment 302742
WIGAN SACK MARTINEZ
HIRE JAIR VENTURA
View attachment 302740
View attachment 302741

Wigan Athletic Football Club have announced the dismissal of Roberto Martinez as first team manager with immediate effect. New chairman Ryan Kimbrell has not wasted any time leaving his mark on the club and has made the following statement following the sacking; "Wigan Athletic would like to thank Roberto for everything he has done for the club, but we have decided to move in a new direction in order to push this club to new heights".

Martinez's replacement at the DW stadium is 42 year old Brazilian Jair Ventura. Ventura has recently enjoyed coaching roles for Brazil and Botafogo, but has no experience as a head coach. Kimbrell released a statement about this shock appointment. "While it is true that Jair Ventura has no experience as a first team manager, I have the utmost confidence in his ability to step up to this challenge. He is highly regarded in the Brazil and Botafogo camps and we feel that he has what it takes to elevate Wigan Athletic past the point of perennial relegation favorites".

The response to this unexpected move is not likely to be positive among Latics fans but only time will tell if this move will be a stroke of genius or insanity by the American.

Fox Sports Australia Breaking News!
View attachment 302780
Fox Sports is proud to present you with breaking news. Southampton, newly promoted to the English Premier League, have been subjected to a shock takeover by a young Australian known as Elmer Fudd!!
View attachment 302781
Fudd accepted the opportunity to provide an interview for Fox Sports on the basis of a two-part release, and we here at Fox are proud to present to you a world first exclusive.

Elmer, we understand that you have purchased Southampton for a bid in the region of £70 to £90 million. May we ask your motives and reasoning behind the purchase of such a club as Southampton.

Well to be honest, I am just interested in proving that clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester City have been going the wrong way about bringing not just football success, but also financial success, to the English Premier League. A team like Southampton is in a perfect position to allow me to really show my understanding of business!

Well said. May we ask what your first moves shall be at the club?

You may. What would you like to know?

Do you have any transfer targets, or unwanted players? What will be your approach - buy for the first team, or buy for the future?

Well some of the players we are interested in selling are as follows:
- Frazer Richardson
- Morgan Schneiderlin
- Steve De Ridder
- Jason Puncheon
- Tadanari Lee
- Emmanuel Mayuka

More to come of this exclusive interview, only on Fox Sports.​

Last edited:
New Chairman for Sunderland

cg-sunderlandbuyout_zps7705f71c.png

It is fully expected that this summer will see heavy changes at the club with this being Martin O'Neill first summer window in which to do business. It is understood that many of the players on the Sunderland books will be made avaliable for transfer with Scott and O'Neill working through a long list of players wanted.

View attachment 302852

New Era At Craven Cottage

Unknown English Businessman Nathan Walker has today completed the takeover of Fulham. Al Fayed stepped down after "Falling out of love with the Club and the game". Walker has also announced that he will be sacking Martin Jol with immediate effect and Derby boss Nigel Clough will be the man to take the club forward.

Budgets of £20m and £1.4m have been set by Walker, expectations that come along with these are at least a top 10 finish in the league as well as a Semi Final run in a cup.

Clough has said that he is honored to be appointed by such a great club and that he hopes his skills will take the club on to be one of the best in England.

Reading confirm Le Fondre – Chamakh swap deal

After the statement from new Arsenal owner Scott Trowers, Readings own new man-in-charge has announced the transfer of Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal to Reading.

In a statement to press he said it was a massive step for a club like Reading to attract a player of this quality.

“I am pleased to be able to confirm the transfer of Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal today. The deal involved a part-exchange deal involving Adam Le Fondre”

“This move is a big step in the right direction for Reading as we see him as a top Premier League and European striker. We look forward to getting him settled into the club and look forward to a good few years with him here”

Reading manager Brian McDermott said he was excited and surprised by the transfer, “To be honest I never seen this coming, we briefly chatted about transfer targets but this never came up.”

“It’s a great transfer for the club and to have a player like that here is fantastic. I look forward to working with Marouane and hopefully watch him bang in the goals”

Trowers to Unnamed-Owners of Premier League Rivals: "Hands off Wilshere!"

Arsenal Chairmen Scott Trowers has today released a press statement, aimed squarely at 2 certain owners who recently made bids for Jack Wilshere, making it clear that Arsenal's best players "Are not for sale, unless we get a ridiculous offer". He went on to confirm that several off his star players had been targets of bids, but "He has rejected all attempts" to sign the players.

He also confirmed he was in talks to bring a big-name player into the club, hoping to beat off several rivals to get him. More to follow!

From Abu Dhabi Royals to Berkshire Royals

Reading today have confirmed the signings of two players from fellow English Premier League side Manchester City. John Guidetti and Scott Sinclair have signed for a reported £1m and £5m respectively.

An official statement read: "Reading FC are extremely pleased to announce the signings of John Guidetti and Scott Sinclair from Manchester City. Both will join the club for pre-season training in Austria"

BREAKING NEWS

New Owner, New Chairman, New Manager?

Reading have announced today that Brian McDermott has been replaced as manager. This hasn't come as a shock to most people but the new appointment has been a surprise.

Heiko Vogel, former Basel manager has been confirmed as the new Head Coach at the Madjeski. Vogel, despite being sacked by Basel, had a very good record with the Swiss Super League club, winning 60% of his games.

A press conference has been called for 13:00 GMT for the new manager to be unveiled.

Is Hughton's time nearly up already?

View attachment 302864

New Norwich City chairman Mark Kelly is already running out of patience with manager Chris Hughton according to inside sources.
This sources state that the new chairman has already drawn up a shortlist of managers, with at least 5 different names. Speculation is rife that Kelly and Hughton have already had a bust up, as Kelly told Hughton that he isn't being given any money for transfers this window. Kelly was also shocked by Hughton's wages, which are equal to the highest paid player at the club.

These are the odds for who will be the manager of Norwich City by the end of the season.
Roberto Martinez- Evens
The Spaniard was surprisingly sacked by the new Wigan chairman, and is apparently interested in beginning with a new club quickly.
Frank De Boer- 3/1
The Ajax manager has a proven record with youngsters, and has admitted his interest in managing in England.
Gus Poyet- 5/1
Poyet has enjoyed success in his time with Championship team Brighton, but Kelly is likely to find his wages (estimated £15k) a stumbling block.
Paulo Di Canio- 7/1
Outspoken manager Di Canio may have had enough of the finacial difficulties at Swindon, and may be interested in a Premier League move to the Canaries.

First Transfer Buisness Of New Era
View attachment 302865View attachment 302866View attachment 302867

In a deal that see Fulham favorite Brede Hangeland leave and £5m come into Fulham FC, Walker has announced that his first signing will be commanding centre back Kolo Toure. As part if this deal Manchester City have also agreed to pay 15% of Kolo Toure's wages until the end of his contract.

In a quote from the recent press conference Clough has said "Kolo is a great player and someone that both me and Nathan wanted to bring into the club so when
Georgi Kinkladze and Man City came in with the bid although we did not wish for Brede to leave the club it was an offer we could not refuse."

Walker also said "We are looking at many other players to bring into the club to strengthen and to push for glory. We will be in contact with fellow chairmen over the next few days with offers for players."

View attachment 302874
Fulham Ammended Transfer List Announced

Nathan Walker and Nigel Clough have today announced that after several meetings that almost every player has been listed by the club. "It is with regret that the following players are being listed by the Club but both me and Nathan feel that only some of them are at the standard that is needed to play for the new Fulham. He also stated that the players that are good enough have still been listed as they can easily be replaced by equally as good if not better players."

Giorgos Karagounis £500k
Simon Davies £1m
Aaron Hughes £2m
Chris Baird £2m
Steve Sidwell £3m
Phillipe Senderos £3m
Damien Duff £4m
Mohamadou Diarra £4m
Keiron Richardson £5m
Hugo Rodallega £5m
John Arne Riise £7m
Ashkan Dejagah £7m
Mladen Petric £7m
Dimitar Berbatov £11m
Bryan Ruiz £17m

All of these prices are subject to negotiation.

Walker also added "We will be in contact with Chairman in the not so distant future to discuss possible moves for players coming into the club aswell as players leaving." Walker and Clough also hinted of two possibl moves for players already being in the making and hoping to be announced tonight.

Last edited:
Vogel unveiled as new Reading boss

Heiko Vogel has been confirmed as the new Head Coach of Reading F.C. at a press conference at The Madejski Stadium this afternoon . With the New owner to his left and his new assistant coach, Didi Hamann, to his right Vogel said it was a massive step for him and a challenge he is relishing.

"I am very proud and happy to be appointed as the new Head Coach of Reading F.C. Its a very exciting time to be involved with this great football club and im just so privileged to be a tiny part of it. Next to me i have Didi Hamann who i am sure you all recognise, he will be assisting me with the first team duties as my assistant manager. I would like to thank everyone i have seen today so far for making me feel very welcome and also Mr Tillie for trusting me with this job. I am 100% and raring to go"

He was then asked about transfers and future staff changes:

"I know the club has secured 3 players already which have all been great signings, wither or not i bring more in will depend on the current squad and how we all work together. My self and Didi will take a complete evaluation of the current squad and decide from there. With regards to staff, I may look to bring in a couple of faces but no major changes with be enforced at this time. The coaches that are already here were chosen for a reason so i would be stupid to disrupt that at this time."

New owner and Chairman Scott Tillie closed the press conference with a small statement and a shake of Vogel's hand:

"I am very pleased we were able to get Heiko to manage the team, I have been a fan of his for years and its a big deal for the club. I have full faith in his ability to keep this club in the EPL and take the club forward. I look forward to having a very successful few years together."

Norwich Chairman: All Players Have A Price!

New Norwich owner and chairman Mark Kelly has revealed that any of his players may leave the club if they he receives an offer that matches his valuation. Manager Chris Hughton is shocked by this, as Kelly has apparently gone ccompletely over his head by releasing this information, and this is sure to add fuel to the fire that Hughton is going to leave the club, sooner rather than later.

Kelly has admitted the club need the money, and an unknown bidder has reportedly already tabled an offer for one of his clubs star players, which he has rejected. This may be a small relief to some fans.

200px-Stoke_City_FC_svg.png

Stoke City Announce New Chairman

Today, Stoke City, Premier League football team, announced that owner Peter Coates was stepping down and handing over reins to childhood friend James Bradley.

James_Bradley_1881-2_zps94f0d2d7.jpg

Bradley in his playing days

Bradley, 68 (he would actually be 131 if I was going by his real age, he's my Great Grandad), grew up with Coates and they are said to be great friends. Having been born in Stoke, Bradley started his playing career for Stoke and made 199 appearances before he was transferred to Liverpool for £420. At Liverpool he went on to win both the league and the European cup. He ended his career back at Stoke in 1915 and vowed to return after a few years (ha ha) out of the game.

Bradley is said to only be taking over the responsibilities of Coates as the latter said 'I'm getting too old for this young man's game'. The money will still come from Coates and he is said to be completely trusting of Bradley to make good judgements.

Bradley released a short statement earlier which included the situation with current manager Tony Pulis "I've always like Tony, he's done an absolutely tremendous job over the years for Stoke, but as with everything in this world change is required to improve" After being asked about who he would like to replace him with Bradley replied "I approached Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over a week ago, but he said he was happy where he was and he would move to the league when the right team came in for him. This was a disappointing setback, but we have back-up choices in mind."

When asked about certain players Bradley stated: "Some players are completely overvalued at this club and are earning way too much P/W. This needs to change." When asked if he would go into more detail Bradley replied "Wilson Palacios has been a great disappointment in his short stay at Stoke City and he is the highest paid player in the team, we will be looking to offload him in the near future".

The press conference ended with Bradley releasing a transfer list:

Wilson Palacios - £4.5million
Kenwyne Jones - £4million
Danny Higginbotham - Best offer
Jermaine Pennant - Offers over £2.5million

I'M WILLING TO LISTEN TO OFFERS FOR ANY PLAYER OTHER THAN SHAWCROSS, HUTH, BEGOVIC AND N'ZONZI

Norwich Chairman: All Players Have A Price!

New Norwich owner and chairman Mark Kelly has revealed that any of his players may leave the club if they he receives an offer that matches his valuation. Manager Chris Hughton is shocked by this, as Kelly has apparently gone ccompletely over his head by releasing this information, and this is sure to add fuel to the fire that Hughton is going to leave the club, sooner rather than later.

Kelly has admitted the club need the money, and an unknown bidder has reportedly already tabled an offer for one of his clubs star players, which he has rejected. This may be a small relief to some fans.

Reading Chairman on escalating Norwich situation

After being ambushed outside the Madejski after the press conference unveiling his new manager, Tillie was asked his opinion on the current War at fellow EPL side Norwich:

"I really feel for Mark (Kelly), being a Chairman i understand the situation he is in and it cannot be easy. When i arrived at Reading i spoke with Brian McDermott and it was very amicable, we parted on good terms and he was told he was always welcome at this club anytime but it seems things are getting a tad out of control at Carrow Road."

"If it was me, Chris Hughton would not be in the job. Simple as. It may be costly short term but long term having a poison in the club will ultimately bring the club down."

"I know Mark and i know he will do what is best but if he reads this, i think he should cut ties asap in case the poison spreads"

Harsh words from Tillie on a subject that doesnt really affect him. He is obviously entitled to his opinion but he may just of swayed the mind of Mr. Kelly.

View attachment 302878

Southampton Announce Budgets

Southampton, recently taken over by young Australian Elmer Fudd, have announce the transfer budget for the upcoming season at £4million, and the wage budget at £500k per week.

Reports are also surfacing of transfer negotiations beginning for multiple players, however these remain unconfirmed.​

New Owner at The Liberty Stadium

logo_swansea_city.png

Huw Jenkins today announce the sale of Swansea Football Club to English businessman Sam Birch. New Swansea owner Birch had this to say:

''I'm very pleased to have the honor of leading Swansea into a new era. Huw did fantastic at the helm but everyone has their price and I'm glad we came to a swift agreement. I will keep Michael Laudrup in charge as he's a superb manager and I look forward to working with him.''

After recent news reports linking Spaniard Michu away from Wales to Arsenal Birch had this to say:

''There is no way I'm letting Michu leave, it would take silly money to even consider such a move. But there are a few area's that need strengthening, especially in the middle of the park with Joe Allen having left. That'll be all for now thank you.''

Back