bornexplorer88's Chairman Game - Story

Manchester United takeover goes through
302185d1358605302-bornesplorer88s-fm13-chairman-game-logo.jpg

It has been confirmed that a Dutch consortium headed by telecommuniations billionaire Maarten Vos have compelted a £700million takeover of legendry club Manchester United from Malcom Glazer. Vos said that he would be a fool to get rid of successful manager Sir Alex Ferguson and said that the manager would receive £22M in his transfer budget and have a wage budget of £1.8m per week. Vos also said that several players could soon leave on transfers, with the likes of Nani, Ben Amos, Ashley Young and Anderson, as well as Federico Macheda, could leave if they recieved a good offer. Maarten Vos also confirmed in the hastily arranged press conference that United legends Ruud van Nistelrooy and Edwin van der Sar would be joining the board of directors. Sir Bobby Charlton and Tony Gill both said they were looking forward to the new ownership
Twitter:
@WayneRooney: Excited about the new owners, looking forward to seeing this club progress

Liverpool's new owners reveal the surprise sacking of manager Brendan Rodgers, saying he wasn't good enough to take the club forward (I believe he is good enough in real life but not in-game). There has been wild speculation for the new manager but no one is confirmed. Richardson also stated in the same press conference that although Steven Gerrard, Raheem Sterling and Luis Suarez aren't for sale, every other player has a price.

New Manager odds:

Roberto Di Matteo - Evens
Ian Rush - 1/8
John Aldridge - 1/12
Rodolfo Borrell - 1/25

View attachment 302742
WIGAN SACK MARTINEZ
HIRE JAIR VENTURA

Trowers to Kimbrell: "Sacking Martinez was a Mistake!"

Arsenal Chairman Scott Trowers has today released a press-statement claiming that the Wigan Chairman was wrong to sack former-gaffer Roberto Martinez.

"I just can't understand it!" Quoted Trowers, "He has done well keeping them in the top-flight for the past few seasons, in the 2nd half of last season they played some fantastic football and Liverpool wanted him before they had to settle for Brendan Rodgers. A few clubs have him as their number #1 target for their manager's job, and I think he will do well wherever he goes. Football is a strange stuff, but this is just plain stupidity!"

It will be interesting to see how the Wigan Owner responds to this attack by Trowers.

Loans to Norwich in pipeline?
View attachment 302909View attachment 302910

It is rumoured this week that Sir Alex Ferguson is set to send 3 players on loan to Norwich for this season, the poverty-stricken club, who were recently taken over by Mark Kelly. The players are meeting the Norwich manager at this moment and are known to include Federico Macheda and Scott Wooton and while the identity of the third figure is currently unknown, he is said to be someone 'That will get the dressing room pumping!'
Sir Alex Ferguson also confirmed that Arsenal had made a bid for Winger Nani, but said it was 'far below the club's expectations'

2Q==

Shocking Transfer News From Carrow Road!

New Norwich owner Mark Kelly has confirmed that a trio of signings have joined Norwich from Manchester United. "Jim White might explode with excitement when he hears this, but we have confirmed three United players have joined us. These players are Scott Wooton and Federico Macheda for the rest of the season. We can also confirm Rio Ferdinand has joined us until January. I'm very grateful to the United owners for them agreeing to pay these players wages for the duration of their loan spells."

These players will without doubt improve Norwich fight against relegation, but the question is, with all the relegation threatened teams improving significantly, are these signings enough?

images

Trowers to Kimbrell: "Sacking Martinez was a Mistake!"

Arsenal Chairman Scott Trowers has today released a press-statement claiming that the Wigan Chairman was wrong to sack former-gaffer Roberto Martinez.

"I just can't understand it!" Quoted Trowers, "He has done well keeping them in the top-flight for the past few seasons, in the 2nd half of last season they played some fantastic football and Liverpool wanted him before they had to settle for Brendan Rodgers. A few clubs have him as their number #1 target for their manager's job, and I think he will do well wherever he goes. Football is a strange stuff, but this is just plain stupidity!"

It will be interesting to see how the Wigan Owner responds to this attack by Trowers.

Reading Owner puts his hat in conversation

Scott Tillie released a statement against both the sacking and against Scott Trowers scathing attack on the Wigan Owner.

"I can see why the new ownership has sacked Martinez, he has done nothing but keep them in the division. Never went any further, and the last 3 years they have scraped by, but don't get me wrong i think if there is financial backing he would make a truly great football team there. I think in the short term it may be a good thing getting a fresh face but if you were looking to build and taking the club forward, sacking Martinez was an error of judgement."

Be interesting to see if this opinion is going to be a popular one from the Reading chief.

Norwich Chairman Amazed at Martinez sacking

Mark Kelly has revealed his shock at Wigan manager Roberto Martinez being fired, telling skysports, "I would love to have a manager of his ability at this club. (hint hint) I have spoken to him a few times, as well as three other targets... But for now Chris is our manager, and I intend to work closely with him for the time being." Another shock is the sacking of Tony Pulis according to Kelly, "He's an amazing manager, very loyal, and he just gets on with the job. But I guess this new guy wants a change of play for his team."

Of course, this is obviously just a desperate attempt to entice Martinez to the club!

Last edited:
In an announcement earlier today Joseph Richardson and his newly appointed board of directors including Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish announced a transfer list:
Jay Spearing
Andy Carroll
Doni
Dani Pacheco
Samed Yesil (for the right price)

All these players are also available for loan and many youngsters are also available on loan deals.

View attachment 302933Wigan Announce Transfer News

Wigan Athletic have annouced that Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi has returned Arsenal after the cancellation of his loan move. In other transfer news, the following players have been placed on the transfer list and appear on their way out of the club.

Transfer List:
Jean Beausejor
Albert Crusat
Piscu
Roman Golobart

Chairman Ryan Kimbrell also had this to say about recent comments made about the Roberto Martinez sacking, "These comments do not bother me. I knew this decision would be controversial when I made it, but I will continue to stand behind the man I have appointed. The fact remains that with Martinez at the helm, this club has not progressed as much as I feel it should have and I felt change was needed. But as a club with our current standing and financial muscle it was not prudent nor was it possible to go after a big name, which is why an up and coming coach such as Jair Ventura was our choice".

Richardson Backs Kimbrell

Liverpool owner Joseph Richardson has backed Wigan chairman Ryan Kimbrell's decision to sack Martinez saying, "I can not understand why Kimbrell is getting so much stick in the press over Martinez's sacking, he has had lucky scrapes with relegation every year and Jair Ventura could become a world class manager at Wigan and is a smart signing for Wigan."

Reading announce transfer list

Reading today have released a statement with the availability of their squad.

Jobi McAnuff
Noel Hunt
Kaspar Gorkss
Danny Guthrie
Mikele Leigertwood
Jason Roberts
Ian Harte
Jay Tabb
Shaun Cummings

All of these players are available at a price but Reading have said that there is no price tags on each player due to them willing to negotiate.

Although this is a small list, the Reading Chairman and Manager have both said that every player has their price.

Last edited:
Back