bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)

Ugh, it seems absolutely awful to do this and I've spent a long time wondering whether to wait it out until Thursday. However, it seems like with 9 (10 including me) active players we're not really going to get anything done (maybe with 15 or so it could work). I really hate to end this, but at the same time has there been a single game that has actually reached a competitive match in season 2? So Leeds said he was closing his, and I think that I will have to do it with mine. My problem is not really lack of motivation - I love chairman games - but the fact other people lack it. You've seen how many dropped out, and a lot of others are just AFK or not interested, so it is with a heavy heart I have to end this. Thank you to the consistent players Znik, andy_14clark, Leeds, Rootsey, naterr, Matt, Portugal, conor and stonecold (I might have forgot someone here). Up next I have a story that I'm going to do, and there is yet to be an auction game this year. The lovely thing about auction games is you can have smaller league without it being a league nobodies interested in playing, as the teams don't matter, so I may end up running one with 12-16 players. If I do decide to, you guys listed above will be the first to know, and I'll send PM's out. Again, I'm so so sorry to the people above, who were - like me - really engaged in the chairman game, I'm not faulting you in any way. As for the people who left, I can understand with stuff like time constraints, although I have less sympathy for those who confirmed they wanted to play and then dropped out due to "lack of interest".

Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update).

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, was booting up the game to begin writing out my updates as well haha, ah well. I'll be sure to look out for anything else you do

Heh, it's easy enough to keep deadlines but when players don't that's the problem. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this, only to end it. As I said, Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update). Anyway, I would certainly join any chairman game you run ;) The best example of a recent auction game is my good friend's RiotAct's a couple of years ago. You can find it hyperlinked here.

Heh, it's easy enough to keep deadlines but when players don't that's the problem. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this, only to end it. As I said, Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update). Anyway, I would certainly join any chairman game you run ;) The best example of a recent auction game is my good friend's RiotAct's a couple of years ago. You can find it hyperlinked here.

Thanks! I'll check it out! And yeah, I know that talk is cheap! Won't have anything to back it up till next year I fear! Unless some very exciting game mode comes along that will make things different!

Thanks! I'll check it out! And yeah, I know that talk is cheap! Won't have anything to back it up till next year I fear! Unless some very exciting game mode comes along that will make things different!

Think things need freshening up, compared to the chairman game I did last year it felt like so many people were not interested and just felt the game had no energy.

I bet people won't realise that the game has stopped for a while haha, but yeah think things need freshening up, something new. Something different

Ugh, it seems absolutely awful to do this and I've spent a long time wondering whether to wait it out until Thursday. However, it seems like with 9 (10 including me) active players we're not really going to get anything done (maybe with 15 or so it could work). I really hate to end this, but at the same time has there been a single game that has actually reached a competitive match in season 2? So Leeds said he was closing his, and I think that I will have to do it with mine. My problem is not really lack of motivation - I love chairman games - but the fact other people lack it. You've seen how many dropped out, and a lot of others are just AFK or not interested, so it is with a heavy heart I have to end this. Thank you to the consistent players Znik, andy_14clark, Leeds, Rootsey, naterr, Matt, Portugal, conor and stonecold (I might have forgot someone here). Up next I have a story that I'm going to do, and there is yet to be an auction game this year. The lovely thing about auction games is you can have smaller league without it being a league nobodies interested in playing, as the teams don't matter, so I may end up running one with 12-16 players. If I do decide to, you guys listed above will be the first to know, and I'll send PM's out. Again, I'm so so sorry to the people above, who were - like me - really engaged in the chairman game, I'm not faulting you in any way. As for the people who left, I can understand with stuff like time constraints, although I have less sympathy for those who confirmed they wanted to play and then dropped out due to "lack of interest".

Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update).

Sad to see it go but saw it coming, people aren't up for it at the moment, and when this failed the first time with Borne most people must have been disheartened and didn't really want to invest.

But if your bored and not enjoying it then I don't blame you for closing it!

Cheers for all the effort you have put in tho! and trying to keep on top of everyone about doing their updates

Maybe a chairman game needs to be for a smaller amount of players? just people you know will commit and then could work out really good. 6-8 people on one of these could work well!

Yeah, that might be a good idea actually. Going back to what Leeds said about chairman games maybe needing freshening up somehow. But just want to clarify, I wasn't really bored it just felt like there wasn't enough interest from others. If we could get a couple more players in, I might resume it but with all the guys dropping out in quick succession it just sapped my motivation.

Thanks for the game! People who thought it was too much effort to write an update doesn't know what the owner of th game has to do thanks for the effort

I think the European chairman games always get the most interest, as it's less effort for everyone( including the person running it by the looks of it as it has simpler rules). I'm guessing that's why leeds' game was so popular last year, whilst it also may have been partly due to it being in the summer holidays. If any of you make one of them games( assuming this doesn't get going again like I hope it does) then I think chairman games might get their pull once again.

Survival against all the odds, go Sean Dyche |)

Shame it had to end but thanks for the effort you put in Wonderkid and well done to the lads who kept on going for as long as they did

I think the European chairman games always get the most interest, as it's less effort for everyone( including the person running it by the looks of it as it has simpler rules). I'm guessing that's why leeds' game was so popular last year, whilst it also may have been partly due to it being in the summer holidays. If any of you make one of them games( assuming this doesn't get going again like I hope it does) then I think chairman games might get their pull once again.
What's a european chairman game lol?

Tonight on CNN live
Reporter"Incredible millionaire Riccardo Pocci commuted suicide after his side Stoke was relegated. He first ran into the FA building thanking Wonderkid 360 before making the C4 strapped to his coat blow up. All the chairman were killed in the explosion"

Good thing this didn't continue. I would have sent a bunch of assassins to skin Steve Bruce alive!