bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)

View attachment 280240

Dismal performances have not pleased the Terminators chairman!

Since February Didier Deschamps has lost 8 out the 14 matches, with only 2 wins in the league. This horrible run of form has left Arnie with no choice but to Sack him. He did manage to lift the Capital One Cup before he was let go but this was not enough for him to keep his job!

The chairmen has been hunting high and low for their new manager but has decided to leave it up to the board instead. Arnie stated that his last managerial appointment went so bad that he probably shouldn't do it again!

He had this to say:

"I think the board will have a better idea of who we need and so I will be discussing it with them! We will find out shortly (when the game is forwarded) who the man to take us forward is!"

So yeh I just want my board to choose my new manager please

And sorry I haven't been as active recently, work keeps getting in the way!

Stoke City chairman quotes
"I am not your king, I am the emperor of my team"
BUY MY SHOELACES"
"Thus far we sucked but we WILL rise"
"We are not amused"
"Ignore the haters, we shall reach out for for another premier league season"
"Never rest or you will fall"
"We are losers but it doesn't mean we are willing"
"If our hearts aren't enough we shall give it other organs"
6b1059da10eee244ed2e8d2ec1219155.jpg

7 wins in a row for villa! Gone from relegation candidates to 2 points of the top 4. Will do an update in the next couple of days

Eagles wings have been broken

Last time we was at selhurst park, everyone was confident of the eagles going in the right direction. How times have changed!

Both Ian Wright and Nigel Martyn have refused to reply to the media but with the club sitting 19th in the league, both the players and the fans will be very worried about the future of the club.

Hopefully next time we are back at the stadium they will still be in the premier league and hopefully either chairman will actually want to talk to us!

Yeah, maybe. But so far we have had Eoin McG, Godfish, Tobey Mason, lewie100, spanishdave, Parklane, zacram, Hoseth, NathWalker, Matthew Garry Snook, coolmcool and I'm sure there are others who I forgot leave. People talk about it being a big time investment, but it's double that for me and if we keep hemorrhaging players and next week I have to stop, that's used up my time as well where I could've done it now.

To be fair to all these guys i have to point out this game has been ongoing since the 2nd of February and we only just cleared the January transfer window last week. Not blaming Wonderkid at all but Borne started this up then left us hanging as he ran out of time for the game and took the buzz out of the save. If you can keep the save going at a reasonable pace, few updates a week outside the transfer window then a week for the transfer window for example rather than what we had the promise of a update tonight by 8 then over a day later you might get a link you might not. Save is running far better now and i think if you give this a chance get a happy squad of people playing, forgive anyone who been here for 2 months and got fed up, you can understand that surely. Not your fault mate and not theres. The situation was caused by someone else and just needs time to let people settle into the save again!

Feb & March

View attachment 279944

Man Utd's win at the end of the month brings them into the title race. Plenty of work to do from 6 points behind
In the Champions League well we have a chance with the draw giving us Leverkusen in the Quarter Finals.
Hull are all that stands between us and a Cup Final appearance with West Ham or Man Utd standing in the way.

Match 25
Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool
Ramsey

Match 26
Sunderlnad 3-2 Arsenal
Ramsey
Cazorla

FA Cup 5th Round
Arsenal 1-0 QPR
Ibrahimovic

CL Last 16 1st leg
Sporting 0-1 Arsenal
Giourd

Match 27
Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
Ozil
Sanchez

Match 28
West Ham 2-2 Arsenal
Konoplyanka
Ibrahimovic

Match 29
Arsenal 4-1 Leicester
Sanchez
Ibrahimovic
Ayew
Giroud

FA CUP 6th Round
Arsenal 2-1 Everton
Ayew 2

CL Last 16 2nd Leg
Arsenal 2-0 Sporting, Agg 3-0
Giroud
Konoplyanka

Match 30
Stoke 1-3 Arsenal
Ayew
Giourd
Lucas Silva

Match 31
Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd
Giourd

Chance of a treble still on with only Mangala set to miss out on much of the season while the only other injury problem Sanchez will be back in training by the end of the week. Cant wait to see how this pans out!

Hull slipping down.

View attachment 279864
Hull City in free fall down the table.
At the end of January, Hull were in 10th with a game in hand, looking good for a top half finish. Now, two months later, things look a lot more grim. Steve Bruce seems to be losing the plot, and needs to sort out the defence, or we may well be forced into a relegation battle in the remaining games.

Game 1: Stoke - Hull 2-2 (Aluko, Blanco)
A poor defensive performance against bottom of the table Stoke. Still, a point earned. Bolasie missed a penalty as well, so we were lucky in the end to get a point.

Game 2: Hull - Rotherham 6-5 (Snodgrass x2, Aboubakar, N'Doye, Lucas, Chester)
In the most crazy match of the season, in all competitions, we eventually managed to sneak through to the 5th round of the FA cup. We took the lead after 5 minutes, then 25 minutes later, we were 1-4 down. ***** Caballero had an absolute shocker. We were 5-3 down at half time, but turned it around in the 2nd half. James Chester scored the winner in the 83rd minute, when we had been reduced to 10 men. This was truly not for the faint of heart.

Game 3: Hull - Man Utd 1-2 (Blanco)
A rough result to take, as we were well in the game and may have deserved at least a point. Caballero had another shocker, which he got a fine for. He is still sulking about it at the end of March.

Game 4: Aston Villa - Hull 2-1 (Aboubakar)
Another narrow loss that could have gone the other way. We just can't seem to edge these type of games at the moment. In-form Villa played well and are climbing the table.

Game 5: Hull - Leeds 2-2 (Huddlestone, Aluko)
We were forced into another replay by a team from a lower league. Not pleasing, giving the fixture list congestion during these months.

Game 6: Hull - Tottenham 1-2 (Aluko)
I can't but help thinking we would have gotten something from this game earlier in the season. We absolutely hammered Spurs, having 10 shots on target to their 2. We created 4 clear cut chances, they had 0. Still we manage to lose. The only positive note is that Aluko has been a positive surprise, managing quite a few goals.

Game 7: Leeds - Hull 0-4 (Aboubakar, N'Doye x2, Lucas)
After the impotent showing against Tottenham, this was a welcome relief. We took our chances and bagged a 6th round meeting with Man City.

Game 8: Everton - Hull 3-1 (Aboubakar)
Yet another poor showing. We were 2-0 down after 3 minutes, and never looked like getting back into it. Digne got sent off after 2 bookings, leaving us with no good cover on left back.

Game 9: Hull - Newcastle 2-1 (Blanco, Aboubakar)
FINALLY! 3 very welcome points, as we had 1 point in our 5 last games before this one. Williamson getting 2 bookings in the first 25 minutes helped us out, but we were already 1-0 up at that point and fully deserved all the points here. Aboubakar seems to be hitting his stride.

Game 10: Hull - Man City 1-0 (N'Doye)
What a performance from the boys. A highly polished defensive performance sees us through to the semi finals where we have to face Arsenal. We limited Man City to 1 shot on target, as Chester and Lucas had great games.

Game 11: QPR - Hull 1-0
This was the first game of a tough couple of months where we haven't scored. A Taarabt penalty ended up deciding the game. A disappointing result once again as we keep sliding into the bottom half.

Game 12: Hull - Swansea 1-3 (Jelavic)
Fatigue is really starting to take its toll on the squad. In an even game we had 4 shots on target to their 3. However, ***** has really not been up to par and let all of their shots in. N'Doye being injured and Chester being sent off didn't help us either.

Review
8 league games, 4 points. What a horrendous couple of months. We just can't seem to get a reward for our efforts. We played quite well in a few of the games, but we keep conceding soft goals, and dropping points from winnable games. Steve Bruce now has 7 games and a deep FA cup run to redeem the season. Things could indicate that winning the FA cup could be the only way of keeping his job.

Where's the link to the save game? It's not on the post on the last page with the update from Wonderkid...

Yeah, my bad. Just it's only one word and there isn't much difference between the colours :D

I'm still active I completely forgot Saturday which was the only time I was free.

I am happy with that, Burnley 7 points clear with 7 games left. I will get an update done just need to have a look at the file when I get a chance, maybe after darts tonight and get it done tomorrow.

Is there anyone loyal people in the Serie A chairman game that are not in this one? Would like to see this thing keep going.

Manchester City March update
View attachment 279783
Manchester City 4 -
Chelsea 2
Aguero 5, 43, 53. Bony 12 - Hazard 26,55
They were without Diego Costa for this one, which I fear may well have saved us. Joe Hart had a shocker, and our midfield looked very shaky. However on Bony's return from the African Cup of Nations he got straight back to his scoring ways, an encouraging sign.
West Ham 0 - Manchester City 2
Bony 9, Aguero 85
Another good performance from Bony & Aguero, and another bad one from Lamps and Fernandinho. By the time Aguero scored the second they were down to 8 men from injuries, and had to play an outfielder in goal. Maybe they would've punished us if we hadn't been so lucky.
Birmingham 1 - Manchester City 6
Thomas 55 - Dzeko 14, 82, Insua 60, Aguero 72. Fernandinho 73, Sterling 80
After a shaky start, conceding a goal to go 1-1 we suddenly turned on the style. 4 goals in the space of 10 minutes, and we easily won this match.
Manchester City 1 - Liverpool 0
Bony 90
A shocker from Musacchio and Silva could've easily lost us this match on another day, but an injury to Petr Cech in the 32nd left them with reserve goalkeeper Daniel Ward in goal. Perhaps they were the better side defensively, but they lacked clinical finishing with only 1 shot on target. We finally breached their defence in the 90th minute for Bony to score the only goal of the game.
Manchester City 4 - Leicester 3
Bony 6, 24, Dzeko 79, Aguero 86 - Ulloa 7, Kramaric 12, Vardy 70
After having Insua sent off in the second minute of the game, we responded strongly with a Bony goal. They responded to that with one from Ulloa straight after, and then Kramaric after that. Bony drew us level, but when Vardy scored in the 70th it looked as though it might be all over. However two late goals from Dzeko and Aguero saved the day, and we scraped the win.
AS Monaco 2 - Manchester City 0
Moutinho 17, Berbatov 53
Away in Europe, we were expected to struggle and we did. Only 4 shots overall, half on target compared to their 15 and 10 we were poor but the most worrying thing to come out of this match was a Vincent Kompany injury.
Stoke 0 - Manchester City 2
Bony 6, Sterling 29
Against bottom of the league, a win was expected - and gotten. However we struggled to dominate in the manner we should've, with 16 shots - but only 3 on target. We had the majority possession, but didn't do much useful with it. Another poor performance from midfield can perhaps be blamed for this.
Manchester City 2 - Manchester United 4
Aguero 30, Milner 31 - Di Maria 17, Falcao 51, 74, Barkley 90
To call this a must win in the eyes of the fans is an understatement. After winning the first Manchester Derby away from home, we couldn't repeat that at home. They took an early lead from Di Maria, and while we scored to quickfire goals to respond, when Falcao scored you could tell we were going to lose. They had 11 out of 12 shots on target, we had a measly 4 out of 10. Very poor from us.
Hull 1 - Manchester City 0
N'Doye 50
After the defeat to our arch rivals United last time, we looked generally downbeat here. With an injury to Zabaleta, and an injury scare for Hart we had one whole shot on target, and we were out of the FA Cup.
Aston Villa 3 - Manchester City 1
Benteke 25, 51, Sakho 40 -
Bony (pen) 2
A shocker. After Hart came off injured, Martinez came on and from his performance at Arsenal I think we lost the game right then. Our only shot on target was a penalty. That about sums up this game.
Manchester City 4 - AS Monaco 0
Lallana 18, Aguero 46, Bony 74, Fernandinho 77
I wasn't expecting much after the last two games, but they looked exactly as we did - incredibly subdued. We, however scored more goals then them - with Lallana returning from a long term injury. Even with Martinez in goal we were through on aggregate. Manchester City 3 - Tottenham 2
Bony 13, Lampard 14, 82 - Kane 17, Chadli 28

It was a close fought match, and I was pretty shocked to see Lampard win us this game considering his recent form. Both teams had the same amount of shots, and in the end it came down to the better Goalkeeper - with Lloris having a shocker and Hart back in goal we had the better.
Player of the Month
View attachment 279760
Wilfried Bony
On his return from the AFCN he has looked absolutely phenomenal. 18 goals in 18 starts now, he is one of the best players in the Premier League right now.
Worst Player of the Month
View attachment 279759
Mateo Musacchio
A hard one to pick, and for the right reasons. Nobody has been consistently bad, but new signing Musacchio has often looked shaky in defence, and has generally been pretty poor.
Summary
A good couple of months in terms of points - after 3 losses on the trot it seems we have got back to our winning ways. No draws tis month, thanks largely to the electric form of Wilfried. However, in the matches we have played our midfield in particular has looked very poor, as well as in defence. Going forward we are a complete package, but with Kompany injured our defence has looked poor and the likes of Silva, Fernandinho, Lampard and Milner have not performed up to expectations. Hopefully we can continue to win, and win well.
Next Time....
With 7 games to go it seems we have by far the easiest league matches. Chelsea in the Champions League quarters will be interesting however, and we cannot let fatigue from that force us to concede unnecessary points.

I'm still active I completely forgot Saturday which was the only time I was free.

I am happy with that, Burnley 7 points clear with 7 games left. I will get an update done just need to have a look at the file when I get a chance, maybe after darts tonight and get it done tomorrow.

Is there anyone loyal people in the Serie A chairman game that are not in this one? Would like to see this thing keep going.
I'm not sure, will have a look.

Ugh, it seems absolutely awful to do this and I've spent a long time wondering whether to wait it out until Thursday. However, it seems like with 9 (10 including me) active players we're not really going to get anything done (maybe with 15 or so it could work). I really hate to end this, but at the same time has there been a single game that has actually reached a competitive match in season 2? So Leeds said he was closing his, and I think that I will have to do it with mine. My problem is not really lack of motivation - I love chairman games - but the fact other people lack it. You've seen how many dropped out, and a lot of others are just AFK or not interested, so it is with a heavy heart I have to end this. Thank you to the consistent players Znik, andy_14clark, Leeds, Rootsey, naterr, Matt, Portugal, conor and stonecold (I might have forgot someone here). Up next I have a story that I'm going to do, and there is yet to be an auction game this year. The lovely thing about auction games is you can have smaller league without it being a league nobodies interested in playing, as the teams don't matter, so I may end up running one with 12-16 players. If I do decide to, you guys listed above will be the first to know, and I'll send PM's out. Again, I'm so so sorry to the people above, who were - like me - really engaged in the chairman game, I'm not faulting you in any way. As for the people who left, I can understand with stuff like time constraints, although I have less sympathy for those who confirmed they wanted to play and then dropped out due to "lack of interest".

Again, I'm very sorry (and I'll sim to the end so we can see what happened, so there will be one last update).

Sorry to see this go. Such a shame as I was quite enjoying the write ups, negotiating etc.

Shame we can't put it on hold to recruit new people but I doubt we can pull the numbers we need to replace the managers. I think if we got to the end of the season, see what happened and recruited people from there we could see a few interest people as it would be the transfer window and new people can put into the team what they want and no what others did.

Sorry to see this go. Such a shame as I was quite enjoying the write ups, negotiating etc.

Shame we can't put it on hold to recruit new people but I doubt we can pull the numbers we need to replace the managers. I think if we got to the end of the season, see what happened and recruited people from there we could see a few interest people as it would be the transfer window and new people can put into the team what they want and no what others did.
Maybe, but we need about 5 people and I'm not sure where we can get the numbers from. A couple might join from Leed's, but I don't want to go spamming threads linking this. Anyway, we'll see when we get to the end, if people wish to join.

Maybe, but we need about 5 people and I'm not sure where we can get the numbers from. A couple might join from Leed's, but I don't want to go spamming threads linking this. Anyway, we'll see when we get to the end, if people wish to join.

I'd love it if you ended the season at least, that way we can see how it went!

I have no idea what an auction game is, but if it's something like this, then I'm definitely in!

I've spent lots of time and effort on 3 different chairman games (4 if you count this twice) and none of them have been completed! It sucks! That being said, I completely understand the reasons for ending both this and the Serie A one, just sucks to have bothered to put in the effort.

If I hadn't been involved in three of these and seen how it ended up, I would be tempted to create one myself, which had a much stricter regime, and actually kept it's deadlines :) But that will have to be next FM! Would be cool to start one before everyone have discovered the Romeros and Balantas!

Oh well! Next time!