bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)

Blah blah post updates blah. Also, the window for posting updates is 12 noon tomorrow (GMT as always). Anyone who does not will get a strike, 3 strikes and you're out.

I'm dropping out, got other things to deal with. Haven't even managed to download the file, won't be any time soon.

I've been super busy these last few days, busier than I expected, and haven't even got on my laptop to download and view the game file. I promise I will get an update out tomorrow morning before the deadline :)

Unfortunately, I can't commit enough time to this either. I'm gunna have to withdraw

Hey, I can't commit enough time to this either, sorry for depleting the numbers, but I'm not really into this game ATM, if you can confirm my spot is available? (Everton)

OK, fine. If people keep jumping ship, we may well need to end this :/

I'd say, try to take it to the end of the season, and see what the roster looks like at that point. Then you can see if it's worth doing another season. Maybe sim until there are 6 games left or so now, and then do one more update later with the season finale?

Yeah, maybe. But so far we have had Eoin McG, Godfish, Tobey Mason, lewie100, spanishdave, Parklane, zacram, Hoseth, NathWalker, Matthew Garry Snook, coolmcool and I'm sure there are others who I forgot leave. People talk about it being a big time investment, but it's double that for me and if we keep hemorrhaging players and next week I have to stop, that's used up my time as well where I could've done it now.

Yeah, maybe. But so far we have had Eoin McG, Godfish, Tobey Mason, lewie100, spanishdave, Parklane, zacram, Hoseth, NathWalker, Matthew Garry Snook, coolmcool and I'm sure there are others who I forgot leave. People talk about it being a big time investment, but it's double that for me and if we keep hemorrhaging players and next week I have to stop, that's used up my time as well where I could've done it now.

Its not even that big a time investment. Like, I've just written a short update and it took me about 15 minutes to look over the game file and do a short update. That's all I have time for at the moment, but it still have time to do it :)

Yeah, I can understand that. Honestly I can't see how people can think it's such a big time investment. Writing a post takes anything from 5-20 minutes. And you have to do one, or max two per week. Seems strange that people sign up for this if they can't spare 20-30 minutes per week.

Disappointing January for Manchester United

New chairman Matthew Harrison has not had the best month in charge, with Manchester United only able to pick up one win in the league, a 2-0 win over Newcastle at the end of the month. The rest of the results were a 2-2 draw against Everton and a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, as well as a 3-0 loss to Tottenham.

However, while the league hasn't been good the FA Cup is going well. A 4-1 win over Southampton in the 3rd round and a narrow 1-0 win in the 4th which sets up United with a 5th round game over Brentford or Sheffield United

(Once again, sorry for the shortness of this. In a rush with the deadline today, and I have other things to do. From now on I'll have more time for updates so they'll be a bit better :))

I have people dropping out like a sinking ship but then you have the loyal people who want to play the game, try find more people and if that doesn't work just have a game of 10 or so loyal gamers who you know will do updates, I completely understand where you're coming from about double the work, us both in same situation especially with competing in each other's game meaning we have to find time to look at the other person's chairman game. Makes it harder when you have very limited time as well to do all this stuff, the other day I had someone drop out cos he didn't like the fact when I did transfers some automatically got longer contracts than others

Yeah, I can understand that. Honestly I can't see how people can think it's such a big time investment. Writing a post takes anything from 5-20 minutes. And you have to do one, or max two per week. Seems strange that people sign up for this if they can't spare 20-30 minutes per week.

That is majorly frustrating, I'm a slow writer (as in it takes me a while to think of stuff to put) so it takes me a little longer to write updates but still do it. Also what frustrates me when I hear that, this isn't counting who have legitimate issues btw I'm more on about the lazy people

When you're owner of a chairman game it is a lot more time consuming and a lot more stressful, I take more than a couple of hours (may be too long) writing down transfers, then writing them again in a new spreadsheet with all the details and then deciding where they need to go, then individually going through each player changing every detail like his wage and calculating the new balance of the club after the transfers, that's just the transfer part other things are relatively easier but it's frustrating

Also when people completely disregard the rules and try and sign 37395893 foreign players, gladly this hasn't happened on this game yet

Ok, here is the save file. There are now 7 games to go in the premier league.
League Table: View attachment 280296
Stats: View attachment 280295
This is the final test of who is interested in continuing the game. Not sure if naterr's still active, but Deschamps has been fired by AI. If at least 10 people have not posted updates/expressed interest by Thursday noon, the game will end. In other news, Liverpool won the Capital One Cup and have guaranteed Europa League qualification (at this point they'll need it!). Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea are in the Champions league quarters (with MC and CH playing each other). Tottenham are in the quarter finals of the Europa League. Tony Pulis was fired, and replaced with Ian Holloway. In the Championship meanwhile, Wolves look to have won it thanks to the inspired signing of Yannick Sagbo. I would also like to highlight the fact that Jorginho moved to Real Madrid for £35m (he was co-owned, Napoli wanted £24m and Verona £11m). Idk what is going on there, but good news for Znik in the Serie A chairman game I guess. Also four West Brom transfers seem to have gone through late on: Youssouf Mulumbu moves to Napoli to replace Jorginho for £14.25m, Liam Bridcutt moves from Sunderland for £7.5m, Patrick Banggaard from Midjytlland for £3.1m and finally Bradley Johnson from Norwich for £2m. Spending big!