bornexplorer88's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
469093d1389818173-bornexplorer88s-english-premier-league-chairman-game-football-manager-2014-edition-liverpool-sig.png

Liverpool Transfer Round-Up

Walker said that he was in for a busy transfer window, and he wasn?t wrong either. The Merseyside club said goodbye to 4 players in the window, those were the sales of Olivier Giroud for a fee of 22m to Man City, Martin Skrtel as part of a player swap going to Norwich, Joe Allen leaves on a permanent deal to Swansea for a fee of 3.5m and finally Mo Diame who will join Cardiff on a six month loan deal with the Welsh club having the option to buy Diame for 6m if they remain in the premier league.

As well as these outgoings we have seen 5 players join the club with a reported two failed targets that chose not to join the club for one reason or another. Mikel Arteta has joined the club for a fee of 6m from Arsenal, he along with Ruben Pardo, who joins for a fee of 4.8m, will considerably strengthen the midfield that has been currently lacking in players who can sit in front of a back four since the sale of Lucas in summer. Another player who joins is Ryan Bennett from Norwich, with Martin Skrtel going the opposite way. Alexandar Mitrovic also joins the club along with Julian Brandt, both of these are forwards with a very bright future ahead of them.

Walker had this to say on his transfer dealings:

"We are delighted with the deals that we have done 4 players have left, Skrtel, Allen and Diame were all surplus to requirements and so a deal for them to leave benefited our club as it allowed other players to join, as for Oliver as I mentioned before I didn?t want to sell him but at the price I was offered I had no choice but to let him go. As for the players coming in most were straight replacements for those who left, Pardo and Arteta bolster up the midfield with the loses of Allen and Diame. Pardo is a target we have had since the start of the season I just needed to let a few players go before bringing him in. Bennett provides a replacement for Skrtel in the centre half position. Mitrovic is a fantastic prospect, again he is someone I have had my eye on since I took over, there was interest from another big club so I offered him everything I could afford and we are delighted so say that he has joined us. He will provide Daniel with competition for many years to come. Julian cost us pennies really, he will be a major player for us in the future, he probably wont be in our plans immediately, he knows this but with hard work Guus will be more than happy to give him opportunities."

View attachment 498094

West Ham Chairman sums the club's transfer business!!

Gavin: You made a few last minute signings, must feel relieved to have them confirmed?

Disclaiemer89 - I am, although I was always confident we would get our men.
Let me introduce you to three of the hottest up and coming property!

View attachment 498097

Carlos Fierro, we have all heard what this guy can do, he showed what he had in his locker when he helped Mexico win the u17 World Cup! Scoring regularly for Chivas also! He has pace, flair and an eye for goal! We are excited to have him on board!

View attachment 420936

Harvin Ongenda, an up and coming star, playing for PSG! A special player who can score all types of goals! He has already learned a few tricks from IBRA! So we are all looking forward to seeing what he can do in the League!

View attachment 420935

Finally, we signed Liam Moore from Leicester City! A speedy right back who likes to get forward! At only 20 years old we have the belief that he will develop into one of the best full backs in the country.

Gavin: So you opted for some youth instead of the going for the free transfer that was Lewandowski?...Sounds crazy to me!!

Disclaimer89 - We had to, West Ham is known for bringing amazing talent through the youth ranks! Unfortunately the pool has gone dry and we have had to cast our net further!

Sam wasn't too keen on any youth to be honest...he prefers over the hill players! He even mentioned he was mauling over making an approach for Heskey! Of course I ensured that didn't happen!

This is only the start of building for the future! We are excited and have real faith in this trio!

Anyway Lewandowski....?180k a week? Forget about it..

Gavin: Who do you think will go down, after seeing all the business conducted?!

Disclaimer89 - hahahaha, well the first two teams to get relegated isn't hard to predict. Crystal Palace dont have a hope of staying up! May as well start getting ready for life in the championship! Cardiff, have strengthened but I still dont see them surviving. They sold the core of their team...going to take too long to gel! Finally, this one is actually a little tougher to predict I guess, but I will go with Sunderland; even though they have bought a few good players!

Thanks, that is all I have time for! I will see you cats on the flip-flop laterrr!

469083d1389818040-bornexplorer88s-english-premier-league-chairman-game-football-manager-2014-edition-crystal-palace-sig.png

Murphy threatens to quit Crystal Palace

In an extraordinary turn of events it is revealed that chairman Aidan Murphy is threatening to quit Crystal Palace due to disagreements with fellow chairman and the FA. In an interview earlier today here this is what Murphy has had to say.

Q. You announced that you were close to signing Jackson Martinez, Alex and Nicolas Gaitan. What has happened?

A. Well despite the FA (Borne) throughout the whole deal saying it was fine and not mentioning that I could not sign them. However after the deadline had closed it was announced that they were 'too big a rep for Palace' yet funnily Simeone can join Fulham.

Q. You seem really bitter here. Am I correct?

A. Yes I think it's an absolute joke to be honest. The whole set up is completely against the smaller clubs. Can you expect to progress if the FA continue to favor themselves and the big teams.

Q. Did you not have another chance to sign these players like Cardiff got Drogba after the deadline?

A. Yes I had wrote to the FA (Disclamier) my contract offers for the 3 players and AGAIN he said he had it sorted only for the announcement to come through to say that a fellow FA member (Borne) had not giving him my last of names. I've had enough to be honest.

Q. Do you feel 'some' chairman are against you?

A. Absolutely. For both members of the FA to deny me the chance to sign my players is completely unfair. I find it almost a fix.

Q. A fix? What are you trying to suggest here?

A. I'm suggesting it's a fix. I will be stepping down from my role at Crystal Palace if I do not get permission to sign Jackson Martinez, Alex and Nicolas Gaitan.

Q. Stepping down? How do you think other chairman will feel?

A. I'm sure they'll all be against me like at the start but that's always the way. I don't mind a bit of mind games but when you're denied the chance to sign players I find it completely unfair. Even after giving Disclaimer the contract names I still could not sign them. Even after Borne saying 'that's fine' over the 3 deals but then announcing AFTER the deadline that I could not sign them. I feel betrayed. To be honest I don't care what other chairman say because they will say 'Let him go' 'This is a disgrace by Murphy' but at the end of the day it is them who are losing a great character in the League.

So there it is Murphy will be resigning if Jackson Martinez, Alex or Nicolas Gaitan are not allowed to join Crystal Palace. Astonishing news.

Last edited:
If you hold borne to ransom you have to have something he wants.:p

469083d1389818040-bornexplorer88s-english-premier-league-chairman-game-football-manager-2014-edition-crystal-palace-sig.png

Murphy threatens to quit Crystal Palace

In an extraordinary turn of events it is revealed that chairman Aidan Murphy is threatening to quit Crystal Palace due to disagreements with fellow chairman and the FA. In an interview earlier today here this is what Murphy has had to say.

Q. You announced that you were close to signing Jackson Martinez, Alex and Nicolas Gaitan. What has happened?

A. Well despite the FA (Borne) throughout the whole deal saying it was fine and not mentioning that I could not sign them. However after the deadline had closed it was announced that they were 'too big a rep for Palace' yet funnily Simeone can join Fulham.

Q. You seem really bitter here. Am I correct?

A. Yes I think it's an absolute joke to be honest. The whole set up is completely against the smaller clubs. Can you expect to progress if the FA continue to favor themselves and the big teams.

Q. Did you not have another chance to sign these players like Cardiff got Drogba after the deadline?

A. Yes I had wrote to the FA (Disclamier) my contract offers for the 3 players and AGAIN he said he had it sorted only for the announcement to come through to say that a fellow FA member (Borne) had not giving him my last of names. I've had enough to be honest.

Q. Do you feel 'some' chairman are against you?

A. Absolutely. For both members of the FA to deny me the chance to sign my players is completely unfair. I find it almost a fix.

Q. A fix? What are you trying to suggest here?

A. I'm suggesting it's a fix. I will be stepping down from my role at Crystal Palace if I do not get permission to sign Jackson Martinez, Alex and Nicolas Gaitan.

Q. Stepping down? How do you think other chairman will feel?

A. I'm sure they'll all be against me like at the start but that's always the way. I don't mind a bit of mind games but when you're denied the chance to sign players I find it completely unfair. Even after giving Disclaimer the contract names I still could not sign them. Even after Borne saying 'that's fine' over the 3 deals but then announcing AFTER the deadline that I could not sign them. I feel betrayed. To be honest I don't care what other chairman say because they will say 'Let him go' 'This is a disgrace by Murphy' but at the end of the day it is them who are losing a great character in the League.

So there it is Murphy will be resigning if Jackson Martinez, Alex or Nicolas Gaitan are not allowed to join Crystal Palace. Astonishing news.

And may I add that I'll be resigning from my club If I don't get messi and Ronaldo on free transfers with 25k wages

Agreed. I demand eric Djemba Djemba, emile heskey and francis jeffers

Dunno what you's are complaining about. All I wanted was Roo...

I'm sorry guys but I've had enough, I apologise to anyone who has got involved over the last few weeks, and apologise sincerely to those who have offered help and a special thanks to riotact; disclaimer89 and others who have stepped up and contributed towards this and took alot of the workload off me, but still with work, college work and university applications, on top of running this. And people trying to give me **** about how I un the game, or how long it takes me to do an update, it's an absolute disgrace, I have an excel spreadsheet that calculates everything for including all your transfers/manager changes/finances etc. (excluding C2C deals which I honour regardless of reputations.) and I don't decide what happens , it was fair to every club involved.

but, oh well, it's ove
r now.

Basically:-

No-one can t
ruly understand how much work is involved in the running of a chairman game, unless they have ran one themselves, and I haven't ever come across one that has been played out for long, due to this fact.

It isn't wo
rth it for me to do this on top of everything else I have to do in life...

No doubt, I will foolishly attempt to do anothe
r one next season, but hopefully to a better a response.

bo
rnexplorer88 signing out!!

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys but I've had enough, I apologise to anyone who has got involved over the last few weeks, and apologise sincerely to those who have offered help and a special thanks to riotact; disclaimer89 and others who have stepped up and contributed towards this and took alot of the workload off me, but still with work on top of running this, and then people trying to give me ****, I have an excel formula that calculates all your transfers (excluding C2C deals which I honour regardless of reputations.)

Basically:-

No-one can t
ruely understand how much work is involved in the running of this style of game, unless they have ran one themselves, and I haven't ever come across one that has been played out for long, due to this fact.

It isn't wo
rth it for me to do this on top of everything else I have to do in life...

No doubt, I will foolishly attempt to do anothe
r one next season, but hopefully to a better a response.

bo
rnexplorer88 signing out!!

Gutted that you've stopped,although I agree with your reasons that it was a thankless task for you. but if you're not doing it anymore maybe someone else could step up and continue, maybe @disclaimer89 could take full control from now on?

Gutted that you've stopped,although I agree with your reasons that it was a thankless task for you. but if you're not doing it anymore maybe someone else could step up and continue, maybe @disclaimer89 could take full control from now on?
Anyone else can gladly attempt to keep this running, all I will say is be prepared for a lot of work, (and excel is a must, just for organisational purposes)

And may I add that I'll be resigning from my club If I don't get messi and Ronaldo on free transfers with 25k wages

Are you an idiot? I paid 30 million for Jackson Martinez 6 for Alex and Gaitan was a loan. But for some reason I did not get them because Borne did not write to Disclaimer that they were in for the 'bidding war.' But anyway I'm sorry that Borne has left the game. Clearly the game has too much work for 1 player and perhaps the game needs to be separated into 3 or 4 different sections for 3 or 4 different people to run. 1 for transfers, 1 for foreign transfers, 1 for simming etc. Doubt that will happen anyway..

Are you an idiot? I paid 30 million for Jackson Martinez 6 for Alex and Gaitan was a loan. But for some reason I did not get them because Borne did not write to Disclaimer that they were in for the 'bidding war.' But anyway I'm sorry that Borne has left the game. Clearly the game has too much work for 1 player and perhaps the game needs to be separated into 3 or 4 different sections for 3 or 4 different people to run. 1 for transfers, 1 for foreign transfers, 1 for simming etc. Doubt that will happen anyway..

Or maybe moaning ***** like you shouldn't be in the game causing him hassle when he's doing everyone a favour by making the game, but if people do want to split it into sections I'll happily do anything that doesn't require the editor, e.g. Simming. As I don't have the editor.
And besides I'm an idiot,yet you believe it's realistic for crystal palace to sign a player for 30m, then spit your dummy out when you can't do it, think before you type you whiney little ****

Last edited:
Are you an idiot? I paid 30 million for Jackson Martinez 6 for Alex and Gaitan was a loan. But for some reason I did not get them because Borne did not write to Disclaimer that they were in for the 'bidding war.'

Really...are you still arguing about this, you need to learn to grow up!!

Guys I would love to keep this game going(as I have enjoyed it a lot!) but to be honest, I am away from home for 12/13hrs a day working, I am usually shattered when I get home.

Which is why I have appreciated what borne has done and that he has stuck at it for so long! I myself would be swamped if I had to do this on top of everything else I have going on in my life! Cheers again borne!

Last edited:
Any club would have had to pay those amounts for the players. the issue was you club wouldn't attract those players and that was down to having a **** manager at a **** club, it's irrelevant how much you pay, you team just wasn't good enough to sign them. end of.

Also on splitting the game fo
r anyone in future, you need to manager all transfers yourselves, to save time, and then you have to edit them all in the game.

The best way would be to have one pe
rson do updates. and one do transfers which was working smoothly between me, disclaimer89 and riot.

PS. to do all the t
ransfers and changes during both transfer windows , it took me a good 5-6 hours and I consider myself pretty decent on the editor and in the use of excel

Or maybe moaning ***** like you shouldn't be in the game causing him hassle when he's doing everyone a favour by making the game, but if people do want to split it into sections I'll happily do anything that doesn't require the editor, e.g. Simming. As I don't have the editor

Well then don't take the ****! And clearly Borne couldn't cope with the workload off the whole thing which I don't blame him for. I was clearly showing my unhappiness at the transfers I worked hours on being completely ignored. I now know they were 'ignored' because Borne couldn't cope with the workload which I have no problem with.

Well then don't take the ****! And clearly Borne couldn't cope with the workload off the whole thing which I don't blame him for. I was clearly showing my unhappiness at the transfers I worked hours on being completely ignored. I now know they were 'ignored' because Borne couldn't cope with the workload which I have no problem with.

Please explain how your going to stop me from taking the ****? And yeah borne has a lot of work to do and all of that but I'm sure he might have actually enjoyed this if he didn't look at this thread every day to see you moaning about something. You didn't get the players because as borne said, your a **** club with a **** manager.

sorry but ignored on???

I
responded to every PM and post!!

I can cope with it, I just can't be a
rsed when I all I get is **** off people who don't appreciate the work involved and/or people that are moaning about deals that were unrealistic...it's not my fault you wasted your bids on unrealistic signings!! I responded to all PM's for FGN transfer requests(keyword, not [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]guaranteed t[/FONT]ransfers) with something along the lines of... "These transfers will be confirmed at the end of the window."

But as I said, I'm done.

IF someone wants to take on this game o
r start their own, be prepared to deal with [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]unappreciative basta[/FONT]rds and a **** of a lot of work(not uncopeable when [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]appreciated!!)[/FONT]

sorry but ignored on???

I
responded to every PM and post!!

I can cope with it, I just can't be a
rsed when I all I get is **** off people who don't appreciate the work involved and/or people that are moaning about deals that were unrealistic...it's not my fault you wasted your bids on unrealistic signings!! I responded to all PM's for FGN transfer requests(keyword, not guaranteed transfers) with something along the lines of... "These transfers will be confirmed at the end of the window."

But as I said, I'm done.

IF someone wants to take on this game o
r start their own, be prepared to deal with unappreciative bastards and a **** of a lot of work(not uncopeable when appreciated!!)

If you're leaving the game because you think I don't appreciate it then I'll leave the game. I take it you think I'm the only one giving you ''****'' so if I leave you can play on?

If you're leaving the game because you think I don't appreciate it then I'll leave the game. I take it you think I'm the only one giving you ''****'' so if I leave you can play on?
I'm not saying it was just you, but at every moment you challenged me and you and another player bent the rules, and I can't be dealing with that. Everyone as one point or another has moaned and/or complained... and I basically can't be arsed, I deal with enough **** at work, I don't need it when trying to run something I enjoyed doing.

And as I have al
ready said I won't be continuing with this, I have already deleted all files and notes for it, as I was that ****** off by it all.

Again, if anyone wants to sta
rt one please let me know and I will offer my advice and would also love to get involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.