Brendan Rodgers re-creating the Liverpool dynasty

reina
johnson skrtel agger enrique
lucas gerrard
dempsey sigursson downing
suarez

Good I agree with this lineup, it was just that earlier in the summer you said you would give aqualani a chance, so that was in my head
will most likely sell Aqualini, cole and shelvey will be rotated

Busy Day At Melwood As Liverpool Sign 3 Players

dempsey_2116420b.jpg

Brendan Rodgers has today completed his first 3 signings as Liverpool manager. The first transfer of the Brendan Rodgers era was the signature of Clint Dempsey, the American scored 23 goals in all competitions last season, and will be much needed addition to a Liverpool side that struggled to find the back of the net. The fee is thought to be around the £3.4 million mark, which Rodgers has described as "an absoulete steal".

PA-12954278.jpg

The next player signed is Gylfi Sigurdsson, for a fee of £8.5 million, Rodgers completed the deal from under his former clubs noses. Sigurdsson impressed many whilst on loan at Swansea last season, and clearly Rodgers is a big fan, as this is the 3rd club that Rodgers has bought Sigurdsson to the same club as him.

846101-14386735-640-360.jpg

The final signing was securing the services of former Wigan midfielder Mohamed Diame on a free transfer. The Senegal international was brought in as back-up for Lucas, who missed a huge chunk of the season through injury. Whilst Lucas was injured, Spearing stood in for the holding midfielder, however, Rodgers does not feel he is good enough, he was quoted as saying "we needed a bit of steel in midfield and Mohamed brings that in bundles, he works hard, sit and protect the back four".

Last edited:
mega signings for great prices i have a rumours app on my phone and it says brendan rodgers wants bendtner no !!!!!!!!!! please dont be true as liverpool are my second team i have been supporting them in the prem since my team pompey went down how long until the start of the season

mega signings for great prices i have a rumours app on my phone and it says brendan rodgers wants bendtner no !!!!!!!!!! please dont be true as liverpool are my second team i have been supporting them in the prem since my team pompey went down how long until the start of the season

was particularly happy at how cheap the dempsey deal was.

nothing to worry about mate definitely won't be signing bendnter.

start of competitive games will be either later this evening whilst watching Germany V Portugal or at some stage tomorrow

Last edited:
Pre-Season Review:

As you can see, pre-season on the whole was pretty good. We won 7 out of the 8 games, and there were terrific individual performances, most notably Andy (Carroll) and Charlie (Adam). Which is good considering both were slated by the media as having under performed, so was delighted they seem to have turned the corner. Andy scored 4 goals and Charlie scored 3.

The most impressive performance of course has to be the 4-0 demolition of Sevilla, it was a great team performance. The low point has to be the 1-0 defeat to Cesena, although it wasn't our full-strength team (Glen Johnson playing AMR sums up the team selection), and although it may be just a friendly, you never like to lose, i send all my teams out to win otherwise what is the point of turning up.

Star Of Pre-Season
_58222409_carroll-getty.jpg

1st game of the season is against Wigan at Anfield, will do update today (how lucky are you guys 3 updates in 1 day) aha​

The boys have impressed me massively during training this week, I guess they are desperate to be in the starting 11 come Monday night. The most impressive, had to be Joe (Cole), he worked hard, he chased every ball and he showed the other players what makes him such a good player, with his quick feet and skilful nature.

Only negative this week, was an injury to Steven (Gerrard) which the physio's have said will rule him out for 4 weeks.We headed to Anfield for the game against Wigan, full of confidence that we would come out with not only a win but a comfortable win. Andy(Carroll), Charlie (Adam) and Joe (Cole) all had been very good and were guaranteed a place in the starting 11.

in the end I went with the side of:
Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas Adam
Cole Sigurosson Suarez
Carroll

View attachment 251030
Liverpool 1-0 Wigan
View attachment 251031

We got the win we were looking for but for sure we would have liked to have won by a bigger margin than just the 1 goal. If you look at the statistics screenshot, you will see that we had 26 shots whereas Wigan had none. For me, the most eyebrow raising stat is the possession, with my Liverpool team having 75% which is amazing, it's also pleasing as during pre-season I tried to drill in to the players keep hold of the ball so don't be afraid to pass the ball around evenif the scoreline is not in our favour.Our next game is the Carling Cup game against Barnsley at Anfield, this will be a game where players who didn't feature today will feature at some point as my coaching staff and I want everyone up to match fitness, so the likes of Martin Kelly, Jonjo Shelvey and Jack Robinson will all start the game in 8 days time.

Last edited:
For the Carling Cup game at home to Barnsley, I decided that none of the players that featured against Wigan would start. This was in order to give fringe players the chance to achieve a decent level of match fitness as well as give some of the youngsters a run out.

Doni
Kelly Coates Carragher Robinson
Diame Henderson
Dempsey Shelvey Suso
Bellamy

Jamie (Carragher) was the obvious choice to captain the side tonight, and i'm sure he will rise to the occasion. I also included a few players from the academy to give them a chance to show the fans what there game is all about, which was the case with Jack (Robinson) and Suso. The fans also got their first look at Mohammed (Diame) and he was keen to impress on his debut.

carling-cup-logo.png

View attachment 251396

In the end I was delighted that we got the win in the end, it was a match in which we dominated but just couldn't finish the chances we created. Craig (Bellamy) had an off day and i'm sure he will bounce back.

When Barnsley went 1-0 up, it shocked the whole stadium as that was Barnsley's 1st shot on target of the game. I switched things around at half-time with Luis and Andy coming on Craig and Jordan (Henderson). Clint managed to score his 1st goal for the club.

image-1-qpr-v-liverpool-760329393.jpg

Unfortunately, we couldn't find that crucial 2nd goal in normal time, and the match entered extra time. I was about to bring Gylfi on as I started to prepare for penalties, but Sebastian (Coates) headed home from a corner in the 116th minute, and we managed to keep that lead and head into the 3rd round draw.​