Brendan Rodgers re-creating the Liverpool dynasty

Sumner_05

Reaction score
77372d1277057473-random-select-who-will-i-manage-sky-sports-banner.png

View attachment 249959

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.
The 39-year-old will sign a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment islikely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

Liverpool sacked former manager and Liverpool icon Kenny Dalglish on 16th May after finishing 8th in the Premier League.

Liverpool owner John W. Henry has had this to say
"Brendan Rodgers's appointment today as manager of Liverpool Football Club is one of the most important steps we will take in building the kind of club on and off the pitch that the supporters can be excited about. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try and build at Liverpool".
The main focus of John W. Henry's statement was
"we do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else"

@GaryLineker tweeted
" I feel this could be a very shrewd appointment. Totally get's the way the game
is evolving".

@themichaelowen also tweeted "Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool. Could be a good bit of business. Looking forward to next season's Premier League already!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. have made several changes to 12.2 database, such as deleting the real Brendan Rodgers and put in myself with the same reputation etc.
Aquilani and Cole are back at Liverpool. Also, as news broke today, Kuyt will no longer be at Liverpool. (also going to make players released free agents - Drogba, King, Owen etc.)

One last thing, i have taken out Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves from the Premier League and replaced them with Reading, Southampton and West Ham as it will be like next season.

Last edited:
lookin forward to your story, good luck

cheers mate, because i am working tonight, i will make up for it with 2 updates tomorrow, also edited database so Aquilani and Cole
are back at Liverpool, and so that Kuyt has left

good start will be following as a reds fan :)

cheers mate, tomorrow will be a quick summary of Brendan Rodger's press conference then a couple of players speaking to the media about his appointment

i love lfc and joe cole i used the editor 2 days ago to do the same thing swapped the teams done all the free agents and managers i will follow

Sky_Sports.png
BrendanRodgers1_1519872a.jpg

How do you feel to be the new manager of this famous football club?
As you can imagine, I am very proud and feel very blessed to be appointed today. It's obviously a club with an incredible tradition and history and I'm very, very proud and honoured to be appointed manager.

How excited are you by the owners' plans and visions for the future?
I suppose I first of all want to mention Kenny Dalglish, who is an incredible man. He's obviously the best player in the history of this football club and he's someone who adored Liverpool. He has nursed the club through some horrific times and also brought a lot of joy to the supporters here both as a player and a manager. He is someone I want to pay a great respect to because he's a wonderful ambassador for this football club. But I'm a different tactician, a different man. The owners are very excited and looking forward, and obviously they wanted to bring someone in who could keep with the traditions of Liverpool Football Club, which is to play offensive and attacking football, and also someone to represent the values of the club off the field, and that's something I will defend for my life.

How difficult was it to leave Swansea?
It was very difficult. I always said I'd leave Swansea City one day but I felt it was only going to be for a top club. I had a fantastic relationship with the chairman and the supporters and also we created history - we were the first Welsh club into the Barclays Premier League. But the attraction of coming to Liverpool is phenomenal. You only need to look at the fact they're five times European Cup winners. Some of the great players who've played for this club. I genuinely think Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore. If you look back through the years, at the players and managers. You go back to Toshack and Keegan, Rush and Dalglish, Hansen and Lawrenson, Shankly and Paisley. Then you have the modern day in terms of Gerrard and Carragher. It's a club that's so full of history and tradition and passion.

How would you describe your own football philosophy?
The philosophy is very much based on the attacking side of the game. People ask me that question and I always say it's about being offensive and creative, but also with tactical discipline. If you look at the Swansea team in the last couple of years they've been lauded for their offensive approach but defensively we've kept many clean sheets and we're up there with the top defensive records. That's the principles of this club. This is a club that's based on fast, attacking, offensive football. But I'll repeat - it's very important to have tactical discipline within that. Your philosophy and your principles will always be governed by the players. There is a fantastic squad here, some terrific players, but there is no doubt I'll need to make maybe two, three or four additions to try and get that flow - and it will take time to put that in place.

Who are the influences on your managerial career?
I have been a student of the game. I've been coaching and managing for 20 years and travelled a lot as a coach. I've been very clear in my philosophy and had a clear vision in that since I was very young. My grandfather was a big supporter of Liverpool, along with my father, so I watched the late 70s and early 80s football. Obviously the Cruyff philosophy was very prominent because my dad was a big lover of Cruyff. As you move into the coaching, my philosophy has been a fusion between the British and the European. The single biggest influence would be Jose Mourinho, purely because he gave me the opportunity. I learned many things from Jose. He is a great man and the biggest thing he did for me is give me an opportunity and show belief in me, and give me that chance to work with top players.
Rodgers-Liverpool-1.jpg

The style you had at Swansea - would you hope to deploy a similar one here at Liverpool or does that depend on the players?
The principles of your game depend on the players but certainly that's a vision that I would hopefully over the next few years (implement). It certainly won't happen in game one because there are different types of players here. But over time, that's the ideology - to play that way. One, it's my belief, and two, it's the belief of the supporters. They enjoy watching it, and that's one of the biggest attractions coming here. Liverpool supporters are very educated in the game. We were here with Swansea earlier in the season and their style of football got a round of applause at the end of the game. That doesn't happen very often at away grounds.

Do you need time to build that philosophy here?
You do. There is no doubt about that. I'm very much a realist. It's certainly going to be a few years in relation to where the team is at now. It will need some investment and it will need time for me to work. But of course we're in the business of winning and winning games is important. But it's a philosophy and a style that's very much in the DNA of me and the club and hopefully we can roll that out over the years to come.

What does Liverpool Football Club mean to you personally?
For me it means an awful lot. There is a real emotional attachment. I've had a number of opportunities to leave Swansea and I wasn't going to leave Swansea for any club, because of my life both professional and personal. But the attraction of the history here, and also the attraction of the frustrations - to feel the club are still striving for that league title. Hopefully over the coming years that's something we can look to challenge for. Certainly not immediately, there are still a lot of improvements to be made. This is an iconic football club. It's a club that's up there with the world's great. When you talk Liverpool Football Club you're talking Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, AC Milan. It's an enormous club. The challenge and the motivation is for me to do the best I possibly can and I will always fight for my life for Liverpool, and that will be on and off the field.

How excited are you about some of the players you will be working with here?
I'm really looking forward to it. I spoke to Steven Gerrard last night. That was fantastic, I had a nice chat with him. I have always worked well with people. To me, it's doesn't matter whether they're big stars or not, the club's success is the most important and every player I work with will have to be a part of the team. There are some wonderful talents. If you look at the likes of Steven; Jamie Carragher has been a wonderful player for this football club; you've got Pepe Reina, who's a top, world-class goalkeeper, and many other talents within the group. I always have a close relationship with players. I speak very openly and honestly with them so they know where they stand. I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field.
image-5-new-liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-is-unveiled-pics-jason-roberts-689100164.jpg

Early days, of course, but have you identified transfer targets?
Again, it's important to assess the group, but having watched Liverpool I've certainly got an idea what could improve., that's for sure.

And have you spoken to the owners about a transfer budget?
Yes. There is money to spend. We haven't got the wheelbarrow overflowing. It's not falling out over the edges but there is money to spend. There are some terrific players here and big talents and I want to help improve them as players and as people. There will be some additions to improve and improve our way of playing as well.

Supporters here are desperate to get back in the Champions League - is that your own aim?
It's an aim for every manager at a top club. That's the holy grail, but also, in time, we want to be challenging for the title. For me, and it's not going to be straight away because that's not realistic, winning the title is something we want to achieve. It's not just aiming for fourth place. The Champions League is fantastic and that's where this club wants to be. It's going to be a process and ultimately, hopefully, that will take us up towards the top of the league and challenging. That's where this club belongs.

Finally, what would your message to Liverpool supporters be?
I'd just like to say, I'm honoured and blessed to be your manager. All I can promise is I'll fight for my life for the club. My family will move to the area and we're really excited about moving to the city of Liverpool, getting to know the football club and the people of Liverpool. I will leave no stone unturned in my quest - and that quest will be relentless - to try and get Liverpool back on the map again as a successful football club.

Last edited:
yay good update are you gonna have a update of the start of the prem season today or not as i enjoy reading stories about liverpool and how they get on and transfers things like that good luck also r u allowed to announce your transfer targets;)

yay good update are you gonna have a update of the start of the prem season today or not as i enjoy reading stories about liverpool and how they get on and transfers things like that good luck also r u allowed to announce your transfer targets;)

cheers mate, i'm not to sure, if not today definitely tomorrow. Will do another update today which is public reaction. In terms of transfer targets i'm afraid they will remain secret

Last edited:
Brendan is special, too

Jose+Mourinho+and+Brendan+Rodgers

Jose Mourinho believes Brendan Rodgers can bring back the glory days to Liverpool. The new Kop boss worked with Mourinho at Chelsea and the special one says Rodgers is special, too.

And Real Madrid chief Mourinho reckons his 39-year-old pal deserves a chance after his brilliant work with Swansea last season.

Mourinho had this to say "Brendan is a good man, a family guy and a friend. When he joined us at Chelsea he was a young coach with lots of desire to learn. But he was also a coach with ideas, who was ready not just to listen but also to communicate and share".

Last night Rodgers made his first move as Liverpool boss by sacking Mourinho's former assistant Steve Clarke. Clarke was brought in as assistant by ex-manager Kenny Dalglish, and Rodgers is said to have sacked him to get this new era under way.

He also confirmed he will be bringing in 3 of his staff from Swansea. With Colin Pascoe becoming the new assistant. The Northern Irishman is also bringing in Chris Davies and Glen Driscoll.

Squad Analysis

Brendan_Rodgers_2223022b.jpg

Before
I start making transfer plans, i thought it was only reasonable to give everyone a fresh slate, in terms of everyone getting a chance to impress me. I am willing to give the likes of Joe (Cole) and Alberto (Aquilani) a second chance to revive their careers at this magnificent club.

U7503P6T12D5938139F44DT20120210233337.jpg

I have made notes during training the past couple of days on players, how they have performed, whether i intend to keep them, and if so, what role they have in the squad. I'm thinking for lining up in a 4-2-3-1 formation in which we dominate the ball at Anfield, and make it 90 minutes of **** for the opposition. Whereas, away from home, I intend to use a 4-3-3 formation in which we won't dominate the ball as much, but defence can be turned into attack in the blink of an eye.

Squad numbers from last season:

#1 Brad Jones - seemed a bit nervous and did make a couple of mistakes (Sell)
#2 Glen Johnson - am a big admirer, but does need to improve defensively (1st choice RB)
#3 Jose Enrique - a solid LB, credit to Kenny for bringing him to the club (1st choice LB)
#5 Daniel Agger - impressed me a lot, looking to form a formidable partnership with Martin (Skrtel) (1st choice CB)
#7 Luis Suarez - is a great talent, very skillful, will need him to perform if we are to challenge for the top 4 (1st choice striker)

B866E97B415483293E9E57D99B8A1.jpg
#8 Steven Gerrard - what needs to be said, he is the talisman and heart beat of this group of players, will need an injury-free season so we reach our potential (1st choice CM)
#9 Andy Carroll - seemed to really be getting back to his best, at the back end of last season, hopefully he can pick up where he left off. Will be vital away from home with Andy being the central striker of the 3 forwards. (used more away from home)
#11 Maxi - am not his greatest fan, will most likely to be sold, to help generate funds for improvements to the squad, is 31 and counting (Sell)
#14 Jordan Henderson - Jordan didn't have the greatest of seasons last year, but hopefully, will improve, as i think he has great potential, but whether he lives up to that is another question (back-up to first team)

6_4f05c89fde13a512358722.jpg

#16 Sebastian Coates - is a giant and great in the air, will be back-up to Daniel (Agger) and Martin (Skrtel), will definitely be used in cup games. (back-up)
#19 Stewart Downing - 0 goals, 0 assists, sums up Stewart's season, will give him another chance to impress, as I feel it was the weight of the Liverpool shirt which unfortunately he couldn't handle (1st choice LM)
#20 Jay Spearing - is a local lad, he's a decent player but unfortunately that's all he is, should not be near the first team, will most likely send him on loan, preferably to a Premier League club, and once he returns he will be a much better player (Loan)
#21 Lucas - was hugely impressed with him in the first half of last season, but unfortunately suffered an injury that ruled him out of the rest of the season, will be a key part of my plans (1st choice CM)
#22 Danny Wilson - Danny is a great young talent, unfortunately with the strength we have in the centre-half department, would like him to go on loan to a Premier League side (Loan)

article-2091157-116F0E3A000005DC-853_468x319.jpg

#23 Jamie Carragher - Jamie has been at Liverpool his whole career, his experience will no doubt benefit the youngsters, unfortunately coming to the end of his career, i'd say he has at least 2 years left in him tops. Once he does retire, will definitely be looking to keep him at the club as a coach or a similar role. (back-up)
#25 Pepe Reina - in my opinion one of the best goalkeepers in the league, his distribution of the ball is phenomenal, he will understand my philosophy after coming through Barcelona's youth academy at La Maisa. (1st choice GK)
#26 Charlie Adam - Again Charlie is another one of Kenny's signings that has never really settled in. His left foot, is amazing, will hope he can rediscover the form he had at Blackpool (rotation)
#32 Doni - is back-up, nothing that special, will play in cup games (back-up)
#33 Jonjo Shelvey - is a promising youngster from the academy, don't quite feel he is ready for regular 1st team football, so will be looking to loan him to a Premier League side. (Loan)

5223733_450_450_0_0_fit_0_fb6ccdd4d0cb358efc7be4493963bb77.jpg

#34 Martin Kelly - another product of the club's academy, has had a taster of 1st team football under Kenny, is great back-up as he keeps Glen (Johnson) on his toes, and will have a good future at this club (back-up)
#37 Martin Skrtel - is a top quality defender, is very physical, great partnership with Daniel (Agger) (1st choice CB)
#38 John Flanagan - will be loaned to a Premier League side (Loan)
#39 Craig Bellamy - is a good player, a great piece of business by Kenny for getting him on a free, but does have a bit of a temper on him (rotation)
#40 Peter Gulasci - will become my 3rd choice keeper next season, he is too promising to sit on the bench and I would like him to get some Premier League experience (Loan)

article-2082898-0F591D6E00000578-961_306x423.jpg

#49 Jack Robinson - is back-up for Jose (Enrique), will become a Liverpool star in the future, there's no question about that. May go on loan in January (back-up)
Alberto Aquilani - is a very good technical player, was brought in for big money, but never delivered, he has never settled in England, i am willing to give him a 2nd chance but it's up to him whether he stays or not (back-up)
Joe Cole - Know Joe well from my time at Chelsea, he is a terrific player, and has returned so far, a better player from his time at Lille, will be called upon if injuries occur (rotation)

what the squad needs:
another good holding midfielder (if Lucas suffers another long-term injury) potential targets: Diame, Sandro, L. Diarra, Keita

an explosive right winger, potential targets: Johnson, Walcott, Lennon

Last edited: