Brentford FC - Bringing Glory To Griffin Park

Doing really well so far, Rhys Murphy looks like he's a great player even at Championship level. Good luck, I look forward to the next update.

October

We have impressed so far and we have surprised alot of people. We're sitting in 2nd which is great but it is definately going to be hard to maintain it because I've seen another teams snapping up players and unfortunately we cannot do that. I think promotion to the Premier League is too soon but I want to do it very bad so I'm not sure what to think, any help would be appreciated :p

On a better note I've managed to snap up Arsenal midfielder
Emmanuel Frimpong on a 3 month loan and he has been fantastic.

View attachment 27117

Results

View attachment 27108

Dissapointed to draw here after going ahead haflway through the second half by a
Rhys Murphy screamer. We weren't composed enough and we they got back in through sloppy defending but Cardiff aren't a bad side and a point away is never a disaster.

View attachment 27111

We kept up our momentum with a fantastic 5-2 thrashing of Coventy at the Ricoh Arena.
Kelvin Etuhu and Nacer Bazaite scored 2 goals in the last 3 minutes of the first half through Abou Diaby's creativity and that basically killed the game.

View attachment 27112

I am extremely frustrated after this game. They took an early lead before some good work from Vayryrn and Frimpong created an opening for right back
Seamus Coleman to squeeze it in. Once we went ahead through the goal of the month by Emannuel Frimpong, I thought we would be able to play it out but we self destructed in the last 10 minutes and they scored 2. Very dissapointing.

View attachment 27110

Not a very good game for us they dominated mostly and we had a few chances but they will be very dissapointed not to have won. I tried to get the lads up for this as they are the team to beat at the moment, and because we are at home. We're lucky to come out with a point to be honest but you take what you can get and we'll look to th next game.

View attachment 27113

After a couple of poor results this was a great way to close the month. We raced into a 4-0 lead 25 minutes in with
David Beckham getting a brace. We could have scored about 9 we had so many chances and we just couldn't seem to put enough of them away. But still I am pleased at the way we dominated from start to finish and carved them open a number of times. Victor Anichebe has been a very pleasing signing.

Monthly Overview

It wasn't the best month in comparison to the previous 2 but 2 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw is not too bad as it keeps us in and around the top. I think closing with a good win like this puts us in good confidence for next months fixtures.

I had a recent look at the signings. And the ones who have impressed are Kelvin Etuhu, Victor Anichebe, Mika Vayryrn and
Steven Hammell. They've done very well as have the loan signings especially Diaby he has been immense.

Unfortunately there are a few flops like
Francisco Sandaza who has not scored a goal in 15 outings 9 of those being starts, but thankfully I have made a good piece of business off another player as I have agreed to sell him to Sivasspor I think, but it is for 1.4M so I am delighted with that. There is also Makinwa who can't seem to score which is dissapointing his physical is fantastic and he has a good header so I'm dissapointed at how poor he's been that's wh he can't get into the team at the moment.

View attachment 27109

In the playoff zone and not too far off the top so were doing okay at the moment.

Here are my tactics Joe:

View attachment 27125

View attachment 27126

View attachment 27138

Last edited:
No problem!

So are you hoping that the chairman sells up to allow new investors in that can improve training facilities etc? Also, if an inbestor was to come in, would you continue your salary cap or would you look to stregthin in order to progress quicker?

If you gain promotion this year, surely a new stadium will be built or a massive improvement on Giffin Park?

Also, in all honesty, do you think promotion could maybe be a bad thing for the club as it's very early or do you believe you have the resources to challenge and stay up at the first time of asking?

Yeah we definately need to improve the training facilities and youth facitiles as they are still only "adequate". And I would most definately continue my salary cap, I have reduced the debt by 3M now and I want to get rid of it all. I never make transfers with installments I think they are dangerous :p

And yeah Griffin Park needs a massive expansion or we need a new ground in which I case I would have to change the title haha.

And to your last point that is the thing I'm having the biggest problem with, I think promotion this season is too soon as we hve no where near the resources needed to stay up but I can't not go out to win every game, it goes against my ethics if you get what I mean.

Yeah i totally no what u mean.... I'd never go into any match not wanting to win! I would just be a little worried that you'd do another Derby County under Billy Davies! But you seem to be better than him! Haha! I do hope though, if you manage promotion, that the board back you and accept that relegation is a real possibility!

Im like yourself mate,all about the finances! If a 'silly' offer comes in for a player i'll accept and bring in a younger cheaper replacement who i can train to be just as good if not better!

Can i just ask..... When your setting up players training etc, do u train all your defenders the same as one another, and the same with other positions, or, do u train players individually depending on strengths and weaknesses? I usually train each postion the same but im wondering if training each player seperately would improve my stats more effectively?

How do you play Rhys Murphy Mate? I have just signed him fot the Vale! Have a look at my story for more details

When i start my Southampton story, in a few days, is it sound if i contact you for player/tactic advice? I've already asked about training ideas further up i know, but if you wouldn't mind helping with this either i'd appreciate it!

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the comments lads, and oakesy fantastic signing! I play him as a poacher but I have him swap positions with the other forward who is usually an advncd forward.

and d14_jdh, I usually have the players on the same schedule for the position but if I notice he is lacking somehwere quite a lot I will try nd incorporat that into the training schedule.

and when you start your soton game feel free to mssage me for tips and stuff mate you've followed my thread so its the least I could do.

Just read through all three pages an its awesome up to now :D hopefully get to the prem :)

Great story and great achievements, can't wait for updates!!! Gonna rate this 5 star!!

thanks for following lads, sam that was a great wi agaist harry hopefully you can make it 2-0 :) and thanks 09pwang for giving it 5 stars that means alot mate especially as you have seemed to follow most of the way :)

thanks for following lads, sam that was a great wi agaist harry hopefully you can make it 2-0 :) and thanks 09pwang for giving it 5 stars that means alot mate especially as you have seemed to follow most of the way :)
You are acting very modest. So let me get it straight: THIS STORY IS ****** AMAZING!!!! I couldn't stop reading and the great deals, overachieving and great debt-management you have been doing has helped the club. Looking forward to updates.

Nice one mate! Cheers for the help!

Are you updating this thread tonight at all? Lookin forward to seeing where you get to! I think you'll achieve promotion... Especially after the run of results you've just had!

Guessin you rested some players for the Cup game against Aston Villa? Not cause of the score but cause you said you weren't bothered in the cup?

November

After the last month not being as good as the previous two I was hoping we could put that right this month despite the hard fixtures I know we are capable.

Results

View attachment 27232

Incredible game that could have gone either way. They had the better of the first half no doubt about that but we penned them in for nearly all of the second half and we deserve to win. Victor
Anichebe came on late and grabbed the winner very late on.

View attachment 27231

Unbelievable win considering we were down to 9 men at one point and we still scored after that. When we play like this we are unstoppable in this league and we proved that today despite going down to 10 and despit going down to 9 :)

View attachment 27229

We killed the game off with two goals in the first half before substitute Isaiah Osbourne put the cherry on another fantastic victory for us. Three great wins on the bounce now.

View attachment 27230

Very tough game and they made it difficult right from the start. It was pretty even throughout with them being a bit better than us. They went ahead deservedly but we turned it up after that and all our pressing got us a probably undeserved equaliser through the head of
Kelvin Etuhu who seems to pop up with important goals.

View attachment 27236

Great win to continue a fantastic month for us. It was great to see
Rhys Murphy get back on the scoresheet, he has come off the boil a bit recently due to media speculation linking him with a move to several premier league clubs :( But he was great today and scored a 40 YARD strike which was incredible.

View attachment 27233

Another tough game and we seem to come undone at times in these type of games but we kept pressing and the crowd got behind us very well.
Kelvin Etuhu again struck with a header halfway through the second half.

Monthly Overview

Very pleased with the months efforts getting 4 wins and 2 draws in the league. But I am more impressed with the way we beat some of them, it has given me real faith in my players. We have climbed up the league again and are going very well at the moment.

Here is the league table

View attachment 27234

View attachment 27235

Richard Smallwood is class.... I played him infront of Jamie O'Hara and Miles Addison in the EPL with my current game, Middlesbrough! Think i've taken them as far as they can go now though, thats why im lookin for a new fresh challenge, lower down the leagues and see the point deduction as a good challenge to overcome!

Some crackin results there mate! Going to Hillsbrough seemed to be a comfortable win for u! Do they still have Tommy Spurr and Beavers? Class players who develop throughout the game and if promotion is secured, u should look into signing these players! Both young, not overly priced and English!

Keep up the good work!

Yeah they do, I was looking into mark beevers aswell yeah he's a good prospect. But I am trying to sign this ok regen for about 100k

Good man, i like a bargain hunter in the transfer market! Cheaper the player is to buy, usually the lower wages you can offer!

Anyway, i'll be on tomorrow night to see your updates! Speak soon!

December

After a great month I knew I would have to tweak my tactics rather soon because teams had been neutralizing our threat a little better so few slight changes here and there should provide to be a surprise for the opposition.

Results

View attachment 27456

Very good performance on the road against a Bolton side that still had many good players. The first half was tight and they probably edged it but we raced into a 2-0 lead early into the second half and that killed the game off.

View attachment 27461

After smashing them in the reverse I was rather confident we could come here and take all three points but we were very poor and they fully deserved their win. In all honesty they should have scored 1 or 2 more so I am quite dissapointed in the lacklustre way we approached the game, we didn't deserve anything from it.

View attachment 27458

Fantastic way to get back on track after the poor performance against Reading. We dominated throughout and once we went ahead halfway through the first half via a
Fran Merida screamer there was no looking back. 3 of our forwards got a goal each in the second half to complete the rout.

View attachment 27465

A very tight game but we were not very sharp today. Our passing just wasn't tight enough and the few chances we did create we fluffed badly so we can only blame ourselves for this. Bristol City weren't good either but they managed to nick the winner late to leave us with a sick taste in our mouth.

View attachment 27459

We did okay today, I'm pleased that we managed to close the month with a win despite our recent inconsistency but again we didn't look sharp and that is dissapointing. They struggled to create much thankfully we went ahead through a
Beckham free kick, and Kelvin Etuhu finished it off with a header from close range.

FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 27457

Great performance against a side sitting mid table in the Premier League.
Rhys Murphy was a thorn in their side all game. He put us ahead with a cooly slotted finish but Hull's Craig Fagan scored a beauty from outside the area, we couldn't do anything it was so far out however Rhys Murphy got the goal of the game scoring a 30 Yard Free Kick to put us ahead. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on and they scored late goal from a corner :(

Monthly Overview

Very inconsistent month which has seen us win 3 and lose 2. The dissapointing thing is how lethargic we looked in some games this month and it wasn't down to fatigue so maybe it is the tweak in the tatics although I feel that will benefit us long term. We almost caused a big upset over Hull in the FA cup but I managed to ****** it late which is dissapointing as I despise replays.

Here is the league table and we are doing alright

View attachment 27460

Great results there, still looking forward to updates!!

Some great results there mate! Especially against Boly=ton! It looks like they are having a **** season though as I can not see them on the screenshot?

Keep it Up