Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

January 2017
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Another decent month. We should have beaten Wolves but that's football, and I think we picked up what could possibly be one of the best players Argentina has produced in recent times. -Also the Champions League draw has taken place and I have Barcelona in the next round, hopefully our good luck and good form will continue into those matches. (Just wanted to make a note that I'm loving where Chelsea are in the league at the minute! lol)

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sunderland (FA Cup 3rd Round)
goal.png
81' Aaron Lennon
man-of-the-match.png
Vladimir Weiss (Sunderland)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
An understrength side who left it late to grab a draw. Should have won, and they may not have the chance to win in the replay as I want a trophy this season.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton (Premiership)
goal.png
37' Rodrigo
goal.png
73' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
83' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
A match we dominated, but couldn't kill the game off until 65th minute substitute Doumbia came on to ensure victory.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
An extremely frustrating match where Rodrigo, Doumbia and Jovetic all forgot to put on their scoring boots. Still a point, but we should have won.

Sunderland vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)
goal.png
51' Isco
goal.png
59' Rodrigo
goal.png
84' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 3
A good solid win when we just changed to a 4-4-1-1 to accomodate Isco for this one match and it paid off with his scoring one and setting one up. Giving me a small headache as to whether play the original 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. A good dilemma to have though.

Blackpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 4th Round)
goal.png
32' Gareth Bale
goal.png
59' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Isco (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 2
It must be a new record, Isco has had two consecutive good matches. Hopefully it's the start of a good turn around for him as his future seemed a little bleak.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Fulham (Premiership)
goal.png
17' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
goal.png
24' Rodrigo
goal.png
78' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Rodrigo (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
A hard earnt win, the scoreline shows an easy win but it was far from it as Fulham caught us on the counter time and time again. Ter Stegen had a great game.

Player Of The Month
Seydou+Doumbia+CSKA+Moscow+v+Spartak+Nalchik+htMC2FzTUizl.jpg

Seydou Doumbia

League Table
januaryleague.png

Last edited:
January Transfers
januarytransfers.png

The one and only reason for this signing is because I seen United make a bid for him and he came highly recommended by my scouts. Once seeing him I didn't want to find out how good he was by playing against me, it might be seen as sniping but I'm happy to do it, lol, despite not wanting to spend this season.
damianreynaldo.png

Last edited:
February 2017

A great month. The pinnacle being the momentous win against Barcelona, and hopefully playing at the Nou Camp early next week we can take our form from this month and push on past them, and in the league Arsenal have slipped up a few times letting us extend our gap so hopefully the league is closer and closer to moving back across North London.

Also, we're still waiting to find out if the club will be sold but no word in about two weeks leaves us in limbo a bit.

Derby County vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
6' Bernard
goal.png
23' Isco
goal.png
35' Damián Reynaldo
man-of-the-match.png
Isco (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 3
Again tinkering to a 4-4-1-1 formation to allow my stronger team the opportunity to rest before the big Barcelona match. We played well, again with Isco being a particular highlight.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Barcelona (Champions League)
goal.png
83' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 0
It was a back to the walls job but our resilience pulled through, with a late winner from Doumbia. Bring on the second leg.

Hull City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 5th Round)
goal.png
6' Isco
goal.png
30' Isco
man-of-the-match.png
Isco (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 2
Isco really is great playing behind the front man, and once again came into his own. A good win and we continue to advance in the cup.

Sunderland vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
30' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
46' Rodrigo
goal.png
55' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 3
Going 2-0 down early on I was beginning to think that this would be one of those blips for the season. But the players shone through and proved that we deserve to be top of the league and touted as Champions.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United (Premiership)
goal.png
5' Sandro
goal.png
85' Damián Reynaldo
goal.png
90+2' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Kevin Mackay (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 1
We played surprisingly bad in this match. Our passes weren't connecting and West Ham caught us on the break time and time again. Luckily, younster Kevin Mackay was on form in between the sticks.

Reading vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
74' Bernard
man-of-the-match.png
Michael Dawson (Reading)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
I sacrificed my whole first team for this match leaving the only big name in defence to be Steven Caulker. We held well until the 72nd minute, but we equalised straight away. I was expecting a loss so a draw I am pretty happy with.

Player Of The Month
Malagas-Isco-010.jpg

Isco

League Table
februaryleague.png

Last edited:
March 2017

On paper this had to be the toughest month of the season, it had everything. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool. -And if someone told me I would emerge unscathed from the lot I probably would have laughed. But with the rotation and keeping everyone fresh it was amazing to see everybody sustain their form. The premier league looks like a dead cert, and a possible Champions League and FA Cup with it could see the first treble of my career. April could be a make or break month.

Barcelona vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg)
goal.png
18' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Not sure I can explain this one away.. we took the lead early on but it seemed to be our only attack of the match. Finishing the game with 27% possession, and managing to hold them off until the 91st minute when they equalised. I can't imagine playing a much harder opposition.

Chelsea vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup Quarter Final)
goal.png
4' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
37' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 1 - 2
A solid showing after being dominated by Barcelona earlier in the week and putting us through to the semi's. It's only just dawned on me that the treble is possible.

Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
65' Gareth Bale
goal.png
87' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 2
Giving a penalty away early on I thought it was going to lead to a trouncing. But it seems like lady luck was smiling on me, and it seems Fellaini took a shining to me, getting sent off for the second match in a row leading to us securing the win once more with the extra man.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Arsenal (Premiership)
goal.png
88' Isco
man-of-the-match.png
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Sandro got sent off in the 16th minute and we seemed to go on a downward spiral from then, losing out on every bounce and the second ball each time. Luckily bringing Isco on late on proved vital as he managed to secure what could be a vital goal. Also, Hugo Lloris was brilliant in goal making crucial save after crucial save.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool (Premiership)
goal.png
23' Douglas Costa
goal.png
71' Gareth Bale
goal.png
73' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Lucas Leiva (Liverpool)
win.png
FT 3 - 1
A great display and a win closer to securing our second league title. Lucas did his best to disrupt our passing but when the rest of his team didn't pull together we ran riot.

Real Madrid vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg)
goal.png
43' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
58' Douglas Costa
goal.png
83' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Isco (Tottenham Hotspur)
wins.png
win.png
FT 1 - 3
Unbelievable scenes at the Bernabeau! I thought the draw at the Nou Camp was a high but this has dwarved that achievement, especially after going a goal down. Isco was immense setting up every single goal and ruling the midfield. -Also, Ronaldo got sent off meaning he won't be available for the 2nd leg.

Player Of The Month
Malagas-Isco-010.jpg

Isco

League Table
aprilleague.png

Last edited:
Don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to enlargen your league table pictures anymore

Holy **** that regen looks awesome
I know, when completely under the radar from my scouts for a few years. I seen United put in a bid for a player I hadn't heard of so thought I'd take a look and that was what I had seen. -I wasn't planning at spending at all after signing Isco but couldn't resist, so I have two of possibly the best playmakers on my game making my rotation easier each match.
good to see Chelsea in relegation zone - has the Roman jumped shipped yet?
Not yet, apparently he is happy at the club still. Funny thing is Torres is still one of the top scorers in the prem with 19 goals. They're now bottom in my save but I don't have a chance to post an update until tomorrow.

As a Spurs fan i like this story, been following quietly.

I have a yellow submarine story if you are interested in reading it, is has a quirk

April 2017

Finally it's taken three more seasons but we have took the Premiership back from Arsenal's two year dominance. There is still a couple of games left until the end of the season and we managed to scrape through to the Champions League Final where we will face Manchester City. Hopefully this is the sign of a new dominance for our North London outfit.

takeover3.png

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United (Premiership)
goal.png
6' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
goal.png
52' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
81' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 3 - 1
Our run of good form continues leading into the second leg against Real Madrid. Fingers crossed we can do what is needed.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Madrid (Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg)
goal.png
16' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
58' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
64' Gareth Bale
goal.png
67' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 2 (7-3 on aggregate)
Real Madrid definitely missed the suspended Ronaldo, missing a few good chances. But luckily for me my players were up for this game and scored nearly everytime they got into the box. Overall it was 7-3 on aggregate.

West Ham United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup Semi Final)
man-of-the-match.png
Victor Anichebe (Tottenham Hotspur)
defeat.png
FT 3 - 0
I don't know how that happened, we doubled their amount of shots, and shots on target. We had 66% possession, our passing was in the high 80's we just couldn't get the goal that could've opened the floodgates. A poor way to leave the competition, especially to our rivals.

Chelsea vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
49' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
71' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
74' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 3
This defeat leaves Chelsea in the bottom three with five matches to go. I don't know if I'm the only one who would find it funny to see them go down? This was a pretty straightforward match where we seemed to dominate from start to finish.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Southampton (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Gastón Ramírez(Southampton)
defeat.png
FT 0 - 2
Just as we needed a win to confirm the league title we do this. They had two shots on target and ter Stegen will now be dropped from the next match due to a shoddy performance. Unfortunately for him that is the Champions League Semi Final.

Juventus vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg)
man-of-the-match.png
Victor Ruiz (Juventus)
defeat.png
FT 1 - 0
Conceding in the 91st minute wasn't fun but it's not the end of the world. I'm still going into the second leg with confidence. Unfortunately thanks to yellow cards being accumulated both Isco and Tiba will miss out on the second leg.

Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
22' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
58' Sandro
man-of-the-match.png
Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 3
Champions at last, I was beginning to think we weren't going to finish the job but we've finally done it. Hopefully we can concentrate on the Champions League to top off a great season.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus (Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg)
goal.png
40' Douglas Costa
goal.png
102' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
119' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 3 - 1 (3-2 on aggregate)
Talk about dramatic! Taking the 1-0 win into full time meant extra time was necessary. Then Juventus scored early on meaning they had the away goal and I needed two to go through and I thought it was over. Our mentality changed to 'overload' and it paid off much to my relief.

Swansea City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
I think tiredness may be beginning to become a factor. We had no shots on target and luckily despite Swansea doubling our shot tally ter Stegen was a rock inbetween the sticks.

Player Of The Month
Steven-Jovetic-Fiorentina.jpg

Stevan Jovetic

League Table
aprilleague-1.png

May 2017

Chelsea have been relegated!! I never thought I'd be able to utter those words during the Abramovich era, but I can! I have won the Manager of the Year award after finishing runner up for the past two seasons for the award and a deserving Gareth Bale won the Footballers Player of the Year Award, with Sandro and Rodrigo making the team of the year (Bale being on the bench). It was a pretty poor end to our domestic season as we struggled against West Brom and Blackburn but I can't complain too much as we won the league.

West Bromwich Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
5' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
60' Gareth Bale
goal.png
63' Yann M'Vila
man-of-the-match.png
Yann M'Vila (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 3
Talk about a struggle. They dominated us in every department and we managed to win, but I'm not too sure how. Hopefully we can put this shoddy performance behind us.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers (Premiership)
goal.png
21' Rodrigo
goal.png
44' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
draw.png
FT 2 - 2
Another bad performance, I just hope they're saving themselves for the Final.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City (Champions League Final)
goal.png
9' Rodrigo
goal.png
12' Damián Reynaldo
goal.png
64' Isco
own-goal.png
80' Dedryck Boyata
man-of-the-match.png
Damián Reynaldo (Tottenham Hotspur)
wim.png
FT 4 - 0
This group of players definitely know how to perform in important matches and really put City to the sword. Over the moon that we have finally won the Champions League.

Player Of The Month
damianreynaldo.png

Damián Reynaldo

League Table

mayleague.png

Champions League Team of the Year
championsteam.png

Over half of the team were awarded with a spot in the team of the year and deservedly so. We had a brilliant run in the competition and they got the recognition they deserved.

Takeover
takeover4.png

It finally looks like something is happening. We now have a transfer embargo in force and hopefully this means it will be sorted soon.

Expansion
expansion.png

It has also been announced that our capacity will be growing to 60,000 within six months. I'm a little unsure why they are paying for this when they are trying to sell the club but I'm not complaining.

What a season for your team! What are your thoughts on how it's turned out this season?
After the way things turned out the season before turned out with us losing the league title to Arsenal we wanted to redeem ourselves this season. And I believe we have with flying colours. What a way to bounce back, the whole squad shown their maturity and professionalism.

After wrapping the league up with a couple of games to spare, you chose not to rest your best players even though you had a Champions League final to conserve your energy for. Was there a reason for this?
Obviously with each match I was worried about injuries and tiredness but we didn't want to let our fans down by putting out a weakened squad. We wanted to keep our momentum and take that into the final, which I feel we did.

You certainly did. And winning the Final with ease against Manchester City, were you surprised with the scoreline?
After watching the match I thought we deserved to beat City by that margin, maybe more. It was just one of those days where you needed your impact players to turn up and every single one of them did, and they did it not just for themselves but for the fans as well who have been sticking by us through thick and thin.

I know the fans have their say soon, but it has been rumoured that your personal player of the season was Rodrigo. Is this true and why?
I don't know where you heard that? But yes he would be up there with the likes of Sandro who led by example this season. The reason I'd sway more towards Rodrigo is purely because of the amount of goals he had this season. Finishing third in the premiership overall despite being out with an injury for 3 months, and when he came back he shown his character and continued to score.

And are we likely to see any transfer activity in the off-season?
Who knows? We have a strong squad with a lot of youngsters biting at the bit to be a part of the first team squad having one their respective youth leagues twice in a row. But if there is a good deal, it'd be foolish not to look into it.

Do you have your eyes on anyone, looking to bring them in?
Not at the minute, we will continue to monitor the situation though.

Well currently, you have managed to sign a pre-contract deal with Eddy Bourgeois. How do you see him fitting into your squad next season?
Currently with the progress of Isco, Reynaldo and Sandro it will be tough for him. But being 18 has time on his side and if he applies himself, the sky is the limit.

Thank you for your time, we look forward to seeing you in the pre-season

endofseason.png

Nooo Chelsea :'( well done an amazing season though mate

How did Chelsea manage that? o_O Where has the likes of Oscar and Hazard gone?

Haha, Hazard and Oscar are at City, Mata is at Liverpool. -They still have a team capable of qualifying for Europe though. Cech, Vidic, Torres to name a few.

how are you setting up your dmc's? i've been a lifelong spurs fan and it pains me to restrict sandro :p buuuut he just chases round the pitch like a headless chicken, taking him out of position and leaving space in front of te defence too. primarily i want my dmc's to limit space in front of the backline. i've put his cd down to like 4/5 notches, changed team cd to stand off and tried different variants of marking/tight marking but to no apparent effect...how the **** do you get them to just sit in front of the defence? :S