Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

Loving this, keep up the good work. Looks like your latest signings really are beginning to turn you into the top team. Good to see ambitions go from champions league qualifying to title challenging. Make that spot your own now!
Thanks for following. I still can't quite believe how well they're performing with this tactic and we're still not fully fluid with all aspects of the tactic yet. I'm hoping to continue how we've been playing and win by a healthy margin.. been drawn in the Champs League against Real Madrid, so that should be a toughy.

If there is anybody who reads this who might want to test a tactic for me (with smaller clubs, and in different countries), I'd be grateful, and pm me their views and what tweaks could be made to it privately so I could try to perfect it before I release it in the tactics section.

Good job mate nearly a perfect month. And send me your tactic via PM or add me on steam to talk about it live if you like. I will try it in my current Greek Superleague game with AEK

Mid-Season Review
You sit here, on January 1st 2016 with your Tottenham side sitting comfortably top of the table after twenty games. That has to be a good feeling?
The feeling is indescribable. If you look at the league at this time last season, Arsenal were sitting atop by around ten points or more. And just a year later we're sitting six points above the Champions who have hardly put a foot wrong all season. That has to instill confidence.

Your recent run has stretched to twenty games unbeaten. Can you see this run being extended?
Definitely. It's not like I have a set starting eleven for every match. Every player, including some of the youngsters have been getting their game time during this run of games and each individual is performing well. It makes it extremely hard to choose my starting line up for each match.

That's not a dilemma to have. -The media recently have been referring to you as 'The Tottenham Tinkerer' due to starting your matches with different formations in different games during this run. Is this something that will continue?
I'm not sure. The reason behind those changes was to look for a shape that would fit all of our squads playing styles and I think I have finally found it. But each opposition provides a different threat.

The January transfer window has now opened, can we expect to see any incomings or outgoings?
I'm not planning on anyone going or leaving on a permanent basis. There may be some loans but unless there is a significant bid I can't see anyone leaving. We are currently examining the prospects of a few players but nothing is set in stone.

Lastly we can't interview without talking about the Champions League.. last seasons finalist and now you face Real Madrid in the first knockout round of the competition. Could this hinder your chances of getting to the final again?
Every team provides stern opposition in the Champions League, especially at this stage of the competition. With our current form I would quite happily say that we have a chance, but Real Madrid aren't the Champions of Spain for nothing. We'll just have to wait until next month.

Thank you for your time!

Hey GlenYid, not sure if you've already posted this but what formations have you got set up for your spurs team?

i've now started a new game with my beloved Spurs and wondered how Caulker's stats get on after a few season's any chance of a bio print?

Hey GlenYid, not sure if you've already posted this but what formations have you got set up for your spurs team?

i've now started a new game with my beloved Spurs and wondered how Caulker's stats get on after a few season's any chance of a bio print?
I don't think he's developed as much as he could because Kaboul and Vertonghen are keeping him out of the side regularly.

I'll pm you about the tactic mate.

January 2016
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sheffield United (FA Cup Third Round)
goal.png
90+3' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Dorian Dervite (Sheffield United)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1

Comments: With Michael Dawson and Aaron Lennon the only big names, the Starting XI average age of just 19 years old, I knew this would be a toughy. We went behind just before half time to a penalty that should not have been given (according to the media) despite dominating much of the match. Early in the second half we had a goal disallowed as the young towering 6'8" striker Pascal Gautier jumped with the keeper and headed into the back of the net, only to be adjudged to have fouled the keeper. When we were still losing in the 80th minute, I made three changes one of which was Bale and he connected with a cross from young right back Tiba.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool (Premiership)
goal.png
5' Aaron Lennon
goal.png
13' Aaron Lennon
goal.png
51' Rodrigo
goal.png
55' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 0
Comments: The first team was back in action and they put on a masterpiece of a shaw for the fans. Aaron Lennon once again justified my reasons for starting him ahead of Douglas Costa and sent us on our way to a dominant victory.

Sheffield United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup Third Round Replay)
goal.png
38' Dave Pell
goal.png
119' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Aiden Lamb (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 2 (aet)
Comments: The youngsters were given another run out today as they proved they were good enough to beat the opposition in the previous match. Things got off to a great start as took the lead through our young left winger with not long until half time. Unfortunately the lead didn't last as we conceded in the 85th minute. Their heads didn't drop though as they continued to attack in extra time, and I began to make changes bringing our penalty takers on and one of them popped up with a minute to go to send us through to the fourth round.

West Ham United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
30' Gareth Bale
goal.png
59' Sandro
man-of-the-match.png
Mousa Dembélé (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 2
Comments: Again the first team shown their superiority after having a break whilst the youth players played in the cup. We kept the ball in their end of the pitch pretty much all night until a lapse of concentration let them score in injury time. A good result against our London rivals.

Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup Fourth Round)
goal.png
23' Pascal Gautier
goal.png
71' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Etien Velikonja (Cardiff City)
defeat.png
FT 3 - 2
Comments: Another line up of youngsters with only Douglas Costa and Jan Vertonghen of notable names. Winning 2-1 at half time and looking comfortable throughout the second, until we let in two late goals to be knocked out of the competition. A credible result despite the timing of their goals.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sunderland (Premiership)
goal.png
10' Younes Kaboul
goal.png
42' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Adrian Ramos (Sunderland)
win.png
FT 2 - 1
Comments: A performance of what I have been coming to expect from the first team. Nice passing, a lot of possession, and generally passed the opposition off the field. Looking forward to the next match.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Blackburn Rovers (Premiership)
goal.png
72' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
81' Sandro
man-of-the-match.png
Wayne Routledge (Blackburn Rovers)
win.png
FT 2 - 1
Comments: A good way to end the month after nearly gifting Blackburn the win. Aaron Lennon came on at the our mark only to be injured in a collision five minutes later and will be out for up to 7 weeks with broken ribs. Again the passing was crisp, we just need to work on our defensive duties a bit.

Overview
Another great string of performances, and another Manager of the Month award. It was a shame that we couldn't stay in the FA Cup but the youngsters gave a great account of themselves and I look forward to seeing how they develop. I think they'll be on their way out on loan to Championship and maybe some lower Premiership sides early next season. -The Champions League is quickly coming up and I'm looking forward to seeing how my team fare against the best Europe has to offer, with this new style of football.

League Table

January 2016 Transfers
januarytransfers.png

I wasn't planning on making any signings this January but could not turn it down when Isco requested a transfer, so quickly snapped him up. We'll soon see how easy it is to fit him into this formation, and style of play. But with 20 for passing, it could be pretty easy.

You would of thought a transfer listed player would be cheaper them 33m :p

I thought the same till i saw Falcao being transfer listed for 46 million in my game. :p

At the end of the day, if your best player is trying to force his way out of the club you're not going to sell him for peanuts.

At the end of the day, if your best player is trying to force his way out of the club you're not going to sell him for peanuts.

true enough. Btw off topic regarding your tactic. a friend of mine got FM today do you want me to tell him about your tactic and report back with the results if he agrees to try it ?

true enough. Btw off topic regarding your tactic. a friend of mine got FM today do you want me to tell him about your tactic and report back with the results if he agrees to try it ?

Sure, would love a bit more input before I release it.

OK mate will talk to him about it next time isee him online. Btw i made it through the CLgroup only to come across....Barcelona. The joy was short lived lol.

OK mate will talk to him about it next time isee him online. Btw i made it through the CLgroup only to come across....Barcelona. The joy was short lived lol.
lol, well done on getting through that group of death with AEK though, unlucky about barcelona, lol

That's impressive. Didn't know it was possible to view that.

February 2016
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
30' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Javad Nekounam (Aston Villa)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Comments: An extremely dogged encounter made all the more difficult when Bale was sent off after 14 minutes and Isco being injured after 20. We went behind after 26 minutes but quickly equalised and were playing pretty well until we gave away a penalty in the 40th minute. Lloris however came out on top and held the ball putting in a top performance as he helped us clinch a point.

Norwich City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
Comments: An early injury to Rodrigo saw the introduction of Pascal Gautier our french 6'8" youngster, followed by a Vertonghen injury leading me to introducing Dawson to the game, all within the first 20 minutes. The second half and we began to dominate, I brough Isco on at the 60 minute mark only for him to be injured in the 67th and force me to see out the match with ten players. From then on it was damage limitation and Lloris once again won us a point.

Real Madrid vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League First Knockout Round)
goal.png
30' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
goal.png
77' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
defeat.png
FT 4 - 2
Comments: Leading up to this match Baines got injured in training but Isco and Vertonghen passed a fitness test to be elligible to start for us which was a boost going into the match. The first half came and we were dominated for the majority and I was extremely surprised as on our one and only attack we get awarded a penalty and go a goal up, only to be pegged back by two quick Benzema goals. The second half started and Ronaldo instantly gets another for Madrid before Ramos and Walker have a scuffle and we're both reduced to ten men. We let in a fourth in the 70th minute from Ozil and our heads suddenly went up, we started passing gaining possession and looking much better and Bale rewarded us in the 77th but it wasn't enough to avoid defeat.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Southampton (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Adam Bogdan (Southampton)
defeat.png
FT 0 - 2
Comments: A little mythed to be honest... I don't know what happened. The had two shots, scored two, I have over 60% possession nearly 20 shots with 14 on target and only 2 from long range and we just couldn't get past Bogdan.

Overview
Absolutely torrid month. I have excuses for the Villa and Norwich matches being that we went down to ten men, as we did against Madrid. But I have no excuses for the Southampton match. Absolutley appalling.. Just want to forget this month as Arsenal have closed the gap a treat. -On a bright note, Seydou Doumbia should be back next month. Let's hope I can end strongly.

League Table

Cant believe i just read through all 18 pages. Was worth it though. Cracking read mate. Keep it up.