Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

Cant believe i just read through all 18 pages. Was worth it though. Cracking read mate. Keep it up.

lol thanks mate, guessing you seen the silly arguments about the amount of games that take place in a season lol.

Cheers for following bud.

March 2016
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

I don't know what has happened to this group of players. Thanks to their newly found incapabilities each match is getting more and more stressful. We need to turn it around as soon as possible to keep our title challenge alive. I'm now beginning to dread the so-called "easy" games as my team currently like to make things difficult for themselves.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (Premiership)
goal.png
50' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
80' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 0
This is what I was looking for after last months performances. Young Kevin Mackay took the place of Hugo Lloris who got injured in training with a broken finger and looks set to miss the rest of the season. Seydou Doumbia came on at half time and shown the fans what they have been missing during his three month absence. A great win to start the month.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Madrid (Champions League First Knockout Round)
goal.png
15' Sandro
goal.png
40' Mousa Dembélé
goal.png
61' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 2 (Lost 6-5 on aggregate)
We can't be too downheartened. We beat a great side and unfortunately it wasn't enough. Isco was sent off on the hour mark, Sandro went off injured, and we were without Hugo Lloris, Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Aaron Lennon and Douglas Costa. It still goes to show our strenght in depth. -Also, in the wake of the press conference, I criticised the referee for not awarding us a penalty in the last minute to which the authorities remained silent over, just to make me feel a little bit sick at what could have been.

Derby County vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
44' Michael Bell
man-of-the-match.png
Craig Bryson (Derby County)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
A bit mythed as to how we are struggling to close the games off. Something we seriously need to be working on with our next two games against Arsenal and Manchester City.

Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Samir Nasri (Manchester City)
defeat.png
FT 0 - 2
We matched them from start to finish but they were more prolific. The league is becoming closer and closer, and depending on Arsenal's results and if I lose to them in my next match I will lose top spot. An awful run of results.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Arsenal (Premiership)
goal.png
22' Douglas Costa
goal.png
29' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
draw.png
FT 2 - 2
Frustrations continue. Arsenal were reduced to ten men after just 3 minutes and we proceeded to take a two goal lead. But once again, our incompetence shone through as Arsenal's mere two shots were converted to crown an awful month. Also, Douglas Costa missed a penalty late on and I subbed him straighty away, not impressed.

League Table

I wish my first team were as prolific as my youth team! They're using exactly the same tactic as me too.

April 2016

Awful way to end this Season.. we have thrown away the best part of a 12 point lead to be lucky to be in 2nd place. We don't play like a team that deserves to be in the Premiership let alone the Champions League spots. These players need to start impressing before they all get replaced by their younger counterparts next season.

Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Carlos Tevez (Newcastle United)
defeat.png
FT 1 - 0
Another game, another loss. We just can't seem to get a breakthrough recently and it is beginning to get worrying. The goal Newcastle scored was set up by my keeper who for some reason went to collect the ball from outside his area then kick it back across his open goal to where Tevez was standing. Ridiculous.

Chelsea vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
45+3' Douglas Costa
goal.png
48' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Zakaria Bakkali (Chelsea)
defeat.png
FT 4 - 2
Disgusted. We went two nil down early on, and came to life to get it back to 2-2. But as soon as we equalised the players were playing like they had 'done the job' so to speak. And Chelsea rightfully took advantage. With this result, Arsenal have now gone top. Gutted.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion (Premiership)
goal.png
8' Mousa Dembélé
goal.png
39' Rodrigo
goal.png
78' Rodrigo
goal.png
80' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Rodrigo (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 2
It's been a while since we won I've began to forget what it felt like. We still made it extremely difficult for ourselves. Actually going down 2-1 in the first half. We need to build on this victory as Arsenal are two points ahead of us with four games to go.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City (Premiership)
goal.png
8' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
29' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 0
THIS is the team that I saw playing at the start of the season. Just over 560 passes and an 89% pass accuracy. Our finishing was precise and we made plenty of opportunities. We need to continue to play like this and hope that Arsenal slip up.

Reading vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Kaspars Gorkss (Reading)
defeat.png
FT 1 - 0
Wave goodbye to the league. Awful performance leading to every player being fined for their part in the loss. I've had enough of this.

League Table

May 2016

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea (Premiership)
goal.png
8' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
39' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
goal.png
45+1' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
Watching Arsenal lose to Norwich instilled a slight bit of hope into the team, and they played with confidence. Stevan scoring the perfect hattrick, albeit one with his right foot from the spot. We are two points off the lead with a game to go and this IS still do-able! (Unfortunately for us, Arsenal's final game is against the already relegated Brighton. Let's hope they go out with a bang!)

Wigan Athletic vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
9' Rodrigo
goal.png
24' Jan Vertonghen
goal.png
26' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
37' Gareth Bale
goal.png
42' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 0 - 5
We played like Champions today, but unfortunately Brighton couldn't do us the favour we needed leaving us to concede the title to Arsenal.

League Table

Interview with the Manager to follow shortly.

What a dramatic end to the season! What are your thoughts on how it's turned out this season?
Honestly.. I'm gutted. There are never any easy games in the Premiership, but it did seem like we had the league tied up with around ten games to go.

Do you accept some of the blame in not bringing the title back to Tottenham?
Of course I do. But I am probably the only manager that will admit this, but a lot of the blame can be placed on my team and they have been told in no uncertain terms.

And are we likely to see any transfer activity in the off-season?
Who knows? There are definitely a few players that need to prove themselves to me after putting in poor performances for the last three months.

Do you have your eyes on anyone, looking to bring them in?
No, I feel we have the team to challenge for every competition we are in still. But like I said, there are a few players currently in my squad who need to prove themselves to me. If they can't do that, there could be a space in the squad opening up.

Well currently, you have managed to sign pre-contract deals with 18 year old French youth prospect Fouad Sedrati, and the German number one Marc-Andre ter Stegen. How do you see them fitting into your squad next season?
With Sedrati, I had the next couple of years in mind. He certainly looks like quite a prospect and is part of the French youth setup with Namli and Gautier who currently play for our youth team. As for Marc.. he could play for any team right now with his abilities.

Surely that leaves you with a dilemma. You have the Scottish number one, the French number one and soon the German number one. With all three men fighting for a first team spot, are you not worried about players becoming upset when they aren't picked?
They're all professionals. If they have a problem, they need to come and see me.

Back to the League, what did you think of Arsenal retaining their crown?
As a Spurs fan, I am distraught. We should have won the league, it's just that simple. We now only have ourselves to blame, let's hope we can do one better next season.

And finally, your youth team had a remarkable season winning both their League and the Cup. Is there a possibility of seeing any of the stand out performers taking a step up to the first team squad?
Definitely, there is always that possibility. Kevin Mackay, Michael Bell, Tibá and Pascal Gautier have all spent their time in the youth system and are now in the first team squad. And there are definitely a few who look ready to play at a more competitive level.

Thank you for your time, we look forward to seeing you in the pre-season

Last edited:
Very unlucky with end of season perfromances. Tought you were certain for title there.
Keeps things interesting though, arsenal are beasts on your save.

M'vila and bernard havent really performed it seems. Shame as bernard a fav of mine on this years fifa. Still young though i guess.

Very unlucky with end of season perfromances. Tought you were certain for title there.
Keeps things interesting though, arsenal are beasts on your save.

M'vila and bernard havent really performed it seems. Shame as bernard a fav of mine on this years fifa. Still young though i guess.

Bernard was good in the first two seasons but has just gone down hill since. The player I am most disappointed with is Isco.. thinking I may need to adjust the formation to fit him in (not a fan of that idea though).

Pre-Season
preseason.png

After a pretty poor pre-season, the league got under way with the fans optimism happily outweighing my pessimism. It was a month of mixed emotions, we play very very well and keep the ball but we just struggle to be decisive. Hopefully next month will be better.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Aston Villa (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Isco (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
An absolutely dominant display where we hit every post, had goals disallowed but it ended in a disappointing draw. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. We ended the match with an 87% pass completion rate from 659 passes and 67% possession.

Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
73' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Joel Matip (Manchester United)
defeat.png
FT 3 - 1
I would love to know what has happened to this team. Evidently we have hit a wall last season and still haven't managed to get past it. The team is easily capable of beating any team they face yet they still continue to struggle after a dominating performance. Serious issues being had here.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton (Premiership)
goal.png
33' Sandro
goal.png
40' Rodrigo
goal.png
64' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
Dominant once more which leads me to wonder why we can't play like that all the time. Maybe the Man Utd game was just a blip. Only time will tell. Our Captain Sandro was absolutely dominant today.

League Table

September 2016

A great month in the league, and I couldn't have asked for a better string of performances. It's a shame we don't seem to play well in the domestic cup competitions. And hopefully we will turn around that bad start to the Champions League.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sunderland (Premiership)
goal.png
38' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
50' Douglas Costa
goal.png
57' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
70' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 1
A great start to the month. We could and should have scored more but I'm very happy with a 4-1 win.

Ajax vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
28' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Joel Matip (Manchester United)
defeat.png
FT 2 - 1
It's happened again, always when we're away from home. We dominate the possession and dictate the tempo only to let goals in. Not sure how to turn this around when we play so well at home.

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
84' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Douglas Costa (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
This was a struggle but we managed to come out on top. We didn't play as well as we are use to but I'm just grateful for the win.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United (Capital One Cup Round 3)
goal.png
70' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Nani (Manchester United)
defeat.png
FT 1 - 3
I really have no luck in domestic cups. Two late Nani goals sealed my fate.

Fulham vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
38' Rodrigo
goal.png
66' Yann M'Vila
goal.png
82' Bernard
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 1 - 3
A great win with Sandro and Isco pulling the strings in the midfield. It's looking like Isco is beginning to find his feet.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Maccabi Tel-Aviv (Champions League)
goal.png
3' Rodrigo
goal.png
13' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 2 - 0
Another great win, albeit against a weak side. Morale is going up, and hopefully the performances will continue to go up too.

League Table

October 2016

A very decent month for us. Isco finally looks like he is beginning to fit into the team, but M'Vila won't let him have that place without a fight. The only blemish being the gutting 94th minute defeat to Arsenal, but they lost their last game of the month sending me top.. swings and roundabouts ay.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Derby County (Premiership)
goal.png
16' Gareth Bale
goal.png
32' Rodrigo
goal.png
58' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 3 - 0
A great start to the month once more, let's hope it's in all competitions this time.

West Ham United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
7' Isco
goal.png
19' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
27' Rodrigo
goal.png
47' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 2 - 4
Yes! I love beating our London Rivals, especially when their manager is trying to play mind games before the match. Also, Isco finally got his first goal for the club!

Benfica vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
90+1' Seydou Doumbia (pen)
man-of-the-match.png
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
Talk about a smash and grab. Completely undeserved but I'm not complaining.

Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
79' Gareth Bale
goal.png
85' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Neymar(Arsenal)
defeat.png
FT 3 - 2
Not a bad performance, coming from two goals down to 2-2 only to give a penalty away in the 94th minute.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Reading (Premiership)
goal.png
45' Isco
goal.png
49' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
52' Rodrigo
goal.png
67' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 4 - 1
Isco getting on the scoresheet once more was a plus. A solid win, we needed to bounce back after the Arsenal defeat and we did so with a bang.

Player Of The Month
Gareth_Bale_2342358b.jpg

Gareth Bale

League Table

Last edited:
November 2016

takeover1.png

The best month of the season so far and we've opened up a small gap over the rest of the pack. I won't get so carried away this time as we threw a bigger gap away last season. The performances of Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro and Rodrigo have been amazing and led us to letting just the one goal in in the league this month. -Also, Levy has announced his intention to sell the club, I'm hoping the new owners keep me on. It has happened before when I was let go due to a takeover.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Benfica (Champions League)
man-of-the-match.png
Demy de Zeeuw (Benfica)
defeat.png
FT 0 - 1
Awful awful awful performance. Glad it's over.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City (Premiership)
goal.png
72' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
74' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 0
A great win! Fellaini did us a big favour in being extremely aggressive getting sent off early in the second half, letting us exploit that extra man.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
40' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Yann M'Vila (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
A hard fought victory. M'Vila and Isco were a beasts in midfield in Sandro's absence and ran the show.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Ajax (Champions League)
goal.png
12' Younes Kaboul
goal.png
24' Sandro
goal.png
72' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
79' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 0
Douglas Costa was involved in all four goals and had a scorcher and would have been my pick for man of the match. This win keeps our Champions League hopes alive.

Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
54' Rodrigo
goal.png
61' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
man-of-the-match.png
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 2
Vertonghen and Kaboul were absolute rocks in the heart of our defence, and Bernard in for the resting Bale had a very creative day setting up both goals.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion (Premiership)
goal.png
47' Rodrigo
goal.png
80' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 2 - 0
Rodrigo was on fire, he just popped up everywhere and could have had more.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea (Premiership)
goal.png
27' Gareth Bale
goal.png
49' Sandro
goal.png
65' Jan Vertonghen
goal.png
69' Rodrigo
goal.png
87' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 5 - 0
It was fun to compound more misery on Chelsea as they continue to languish in the bottom three. We made them look shadows of their former selves.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
32' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Rami Raz (Maccabi Tel-Aviv)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
Bit of a boring match to watch. Needed a point to ensure passage through to the next round and we did what was needed.

Player Of The Month
Jan-Vertonghen_2835841.jpg

Jan Vertonghen

League Table

December 2016

Our fine form continued with four wins from six and no other team in the premiership seemed to be able to keep up with us. It almost mirrors how we were last season and I will be doing my utmost to ensure we don't throw it away like we did last season. -In other news we are still waiting to see the outcome of the takeover with Levy throwing his toys out of the pram on a few occasions due to the lack of movement.

takeover2.png

Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
6' Rodrigo
goal.png
21' Rodrigo
goal.png
58' Douglas Costa
goal.png
64' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 1 - 4
A fine performance, and we didn't look back after taking an early win.

Blackburn Rovers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
4' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
71' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Douglas Costa (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 2 - 2
A very disappointing match, we should have won easily. But at least it wasn't a loss.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City (Premiership)
goal.png
13' Yann M'Vila
goal.png
72' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
man-of-the-match.png
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 0
Domination personified. We enjoyed total possession and could and should have had more.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City (Premiership)
goal.png
81' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Michel Vorm (Swansea City)
win.png
FT 1 - 0
A very frustrating match where Vorm was pulling off save after save. Luckily we eventually got the breakthrough with top goalscorer Rodrigo coming to our rescue.

Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Gary Cahill (Aston Villa)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
Another frustrating one where we just couldn't get the goal we deserved. Again, it's not a loss but we should have done a lot better.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United (Premiership)
goal.png
13' Sandro
goal.png
28' Younes Kaboul
goal.png
77' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 3 - 1
Captain (Sandro) and vice Captain (Kaboul) led by example before our top goalscorer finished off the game. A good win.

Player Of The Month
moreno.jpg

Rodrigo

League Table
th_decemberleague.png

Love this thread, wonder if I could have a quick glimpse of your tactics to see your formation??

One of the best laid out stories I've seen mate; and looks like your doing cracking work with the squad too.

Love this thread, wonder if I could have a quick glimpse of your tactics to see your formation??
Thanks for following mate, and of course you can. It's still a work in progress and I am testing it with teams in the Championship, League 1 and 2 and so far having decent results with weaker sides. -Heres a link to it: 4-4-2PassnMoveGG.tac

One of the best laid out stories I've seen mate; and looks like your doing cracking work with the squad too.
Thanks mate, appreciate you taking the time to read it.

i think this will be, and is, one of the top stories for FM13! :D
Thanks bud, really glad you're enjoying it. I'm loving it at the minute, thanks for following btw.