Brobs17 FM12 Flawless Tactic 12.1

• Thread starter Thread starter Brobs17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 129K
this really is a beast of a tactic i took rangers to champions league final in 2013 lost to Manchester United but beat Barcelona and Real Madrid along the way. Then in 2014 won the champions league beating Barcelona 3 - 0 in the final. My team with this tactic was.

1. Courtois GK
2. Wallace LB
3. Galeano CB
4. Wilson CB
5. Romario RB
6. Coquelin DMC
7. Davis MC
8. Felipe Anderson MC
9. Nangis STR
10. Fierro STC
11. Niang STL

My front 3 scored over 110 goals between the 3 of them with Fierro scoring the most but Niang and Nangis dishing in with a lot of assists ( i think it's due to the crossing often tweak). Overall a great tactic i recommend it for sure.

man i wait 7-8 games each season before i start winning... i finished middle each season...

I started with Liverpool and I have a very good debut :) only one change , an exchange Carroll/Balotelli with some money . The MC's Gerrard/Adam are very impressive

hi brobs

im using your tactics since fm11..... it works briliantly
now im played fm12 with v 12..0.4, but it doesntwork as good as your tactic in fm11, theres much miss passes and the defence is not good as your tactic in fm11before
please tweak it to ver 12.0.4

ps: sry for my bad english

Hey mate. Use the updates I've mentioned. That will improve it dramatically.

Also, Don't worry. The tactics prior to the last patch is not my ultimate tactic for FM 12, I will make that on the final patch so all the hard work doesn't go a miss.

Cant show my love enough for this formation!

In to January with Wolves. In to semi's of league cup. 3rd in league, won 14 out of 20 games. Big wins including 2-1 away at Arsenal, 5-1 at home against Liverpool and a 3-2 away at Liverpool in the FA cup and a draw against Man Utd. Only lost to Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and annoyingly Blackburn -__-

Following the player guidelines too, i 'discovered' Darwin Quintero, unbelievable. 22 in 20 league games, 27 in 24 in total.

What u mean closer to the band?? I do understand what you mean? Thanks

I keep playing with this tactic, and i made some improvements:
- Area focus: Defensive positioning mad Work Load: Averaga
This make my defrense very stronger, and with enough time to improve in the trainigns
- STL AND STR to cross 'often' instead of sometimes, as you suggest
- I move the STL and STR closer to the band, to make a lot of crazy runs and the a nice cross for to ST, or the opposite wing to do the goal.
- Pitch Size: Maximun. This made a lot of more corner goals, and the foward and the wingers run and run and run and then finishes in a goal.

With this tweaks, in 18 months i managed Independiente (Media prevision 5th) to won the Argentinian opening stage (league), closening stage (league), Argentinian Cup, South American Cup, Suth America Recopa, and Libertadores Cup, and draw 1-1 against Man. U in the Club World Champions Final, and then i defeat in extra time (hate rooney).

This is awesome, thanks!!!!

What do you mean closer to the band??? I don't understand, thank in advance

Brobs i am always an admirer of ur Ultimate tactics, and always, this come out top again!!! i downloaded a quite a few and this works best for me! But after the new patch, the result is not too consistent now. Are you working on tweaking the tactic to another world beater again? huh huh

What did go worse after patch? I've installed the new patch but do not feel that the Patch changed anything important regarding the motor engine...

Cheers Brobs, and thanks a lot for the effort of creating this wonderful tactic. I used it for 12 seasons in FM11 and have just started up again with Oldham Athletic in FM12. It works just as well and I find it to provide even more pleasing attacking football this time around. As with the former version I have created a couple of variations that helps me winning even more games I think. I use the vanilla version and a -2 version and a -4 version. -2 is identical except I pull the defensive line 2 notches back. This is helpful if I find that the other team create slightly more chances than me. In the -4 version I have pulled defensive line 4 notches, reduced attack mentality 2 notches and increased timewasting 2 notches. Used in the latter stages of games when I have a lead. Works well for me.

Grand tactic (but you already new that), Raith Rovers promoted in my first season (i start unemployed),

second season came runners up in the Championship with Brighton, in the Prem i have kept middle table to Europa league position,

now had a 12 game unbeaten streak after taking the Arsenal Job, and thats not including league cup and champs league which both am undeafeated in, only downside Arsenal have too many wingers registered with loads of centre mids in the reserves, second half of the season should be great once i sort there squad out, lost to fulham and man city due really a lack of fit centre mids but followed up by a 6-0 win against Stoke,

Screen shots to come, in work at mo

Last edited:
i got a question; you say that team talks should be given by assistant, but im wondering, in the case of small low league teams, its actually quite hard to get one with a decent motivation stat, wouldnt this affect the performance?

Staring a game with mk dons, would it work yeah? Any reccomendations for a league 1 club

A few questions about this.

When I set it to this tactic, my attackers are placed as deep lying forwards, with one attacking and the others supporting. What should I set it to?

You say that I should not set my centre mid to being a playmaker. Does this mean that I should just leave him as a normal centre mid? Should they be supporting, attacking or defending? What role should my defensive mid have, if any?

Also, should I set my full backs to supporting? There were no specific instructions for this, so I was just wondering.

Also, what should I do in team instructions with things like passing, crossing and the like, where it asks you to set them to default, more direct etc?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm new the FM.

After the 12.1 update; it looks LST and RST do not cross as used to be!! Any ideas? May be tweaking needed!

Your tactic is working quite good here. Started with FC Eindhoven in the Dutch Jupiler League (second league) with my own tactic, promovated after my first season, and finished 11th in my second season, though we were said to be relegation candidate number one.

The third season I switched to your tactic, and it works surprisingly good. I finished second in the competition, eight draws and lost twice, so now I'll even be playing qualifications for the Champions League.

I just have one little question, you mentioned that the match preparation should be set to Defensive Positioning. But I can't change it because it's a Classic Tactic. Is there any way to change it?

@ CheesyJ: You should just leave everything as it is, and better not make any changes to it at all, except when recommended in this topic.

Back