Hey all im playing as barnet in league 2 first season , do i literally just stick with the tactic no matter what ? im losing games , and every time i see people raving about this tactic they hardly lose at all ... what am i doing wrong ? i have my assistant taking team talks , i dont do any OI and i dont mess around with the tactic at all , i plug it in pre season , do i have to watch the whole match in its entirety or can i watch it with key highlights ? any help would be most appreciated .

Yes i would suggest to stick, only changes I did on mine was reducing tackels to normal to get less cards.

Hey all im playing as barnet in league 2 first season , do i literally just stick with the tactic no matter what ? im losing games , and every time i see people raving about this tactic they hardly lose at all ... what am i doing wrong ? i have my assistant taking team talks , i dont do any OI and i dont mess around with the tactic at all , i plug it in pre season , do i have to watch the whole match in its entirety or can i watch it with key highlights ? any help would be most appreciated .

Have you made the changes suggested in the OP? Like setting the left and right sided striker to cross often and setting your Match Preparation stuff?

Yeah i follow everything thats said to be done .... in the actual game tho , i sometimes just do comentary and not watch it , could that be a problem?

I'm also finding that I go behind a lot in away games, give the lads a b*ll*cking at half time, and usually claw back to a draw or sometimes a win by the end. Anyone have any luck with away form?

I'm also finding that I go behind a lot in away games, give the lads a b*ll*cking at half time, and usually claw back to a draw or sometimes a win by the end. Anyone have any luck with away form?

Away form haunts my dreams with most tactics! I sometimes use a completely different tactic for away games

Yeah i follow everything thats said to be done .... in the actual game tho , i sometimes just do comentary and not watch it , could that be a problem?

What about creating player filters going by Brobs' guide to which attributes your players need for each position? I have done that and will ONLY sign players who have good attributes on the required stats.

Also I do not let my Assistant do the team talks. I do them myself with the help of a guide I read through (which I can link you to if you want via PM).

That's all I've been doing and it's giving me great success.

Thanks for sharing mate, the best tactic I have used so far on all series.
Led Middlesbrough to a great season, winning Premier League & Champions league
EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-23.png

MiddlesbroughTactics_Overview-2.png

Barcelona and this formation :(!

Right firstly,

this tactic is very VERY good, playing as Barcelona, but I'm having a recurring theme in EVERY game. The teams been scoring 5-0 6-0 8-1 9-2 in some games against the average opposition... But as soon as it's used in the Champion's League, or a big team, they pack the midfield play 451 and I get munched. In the key games my teams strikers don't show up either, and we tend to miss ALOT.

Also, this tactic is Card crazy, I'm averaging 1 red card a game and 6-7 yellow cards, WHAT on earth is going on???? And I'm not joking either I'll show you 10 examples of this if I have to...

Originally, I was with England, did well with the tactic, got runners up twice at Euros and was a World Cup runner up, got signed by Stuttgart and took them to within a point of the title, and half way through last season I applied for the Barcelona job and was given it (Transfer budget of 310m :/) and took them from 8th to 2nd with 10 to go. That's fine.

But with all good super tactics, you always find the game evens it up by having teams go on runs they should'nt or freak things happening alot. At Madrid have won 14 straight games :/. Real Madrid have won 13 drawn 1, and I've won 13-0-1... but it's the same teams A.Madrid and R.Madrid had last season. I know this happens!

Example was at Stuttgart, prior to me leaving Stuttgart, I was chasing Bayern who just couldn't lose, and it was me and them 10 pts clear, when I left, Both Stuttgart and bayern couldn't win for life or money and both finished 6 pts off the pace, and bayern went from unbeatable to losing 6 on the trot and barely winning at all.

It's not as if I have a poor side either: (spent 200m of the 310m given to me :/ (managers prior never spent anything)):

1. De Gea GK (30m)
2. Serge Aubier D/WB R (talented regen, probably the best WB coming through the game, 17m steal)
3. Jack Robinson D/WB L (28m - was worth the money considering I had only Jonny Evans as the other LB :/)
4. Phil Jones D C (52m)
5. Gerard Pique D C
6. Javier Mascherano DM C
7. Werner Roth M C (41m well spent, a regen for Austria, 20 yrs of age, as much ability as any in DLP role)
8. Cesc Fabregas M/ AM C
9. Alexis Sanchez AM (RC) ST
10. Messi AM (RLC) S C
11. Neymar AM (LC) ST (40m - a pain in the *** to control, wish I never signed him)

Subs:
12. Victor Valdes GK
13. Cristian Zapata D RLC (Not my signing, handy utility player though
14. Stewart Higginbotham DM M LC (11m to Man Utd, Awesome kid for 20, 19 all physicals, Micah Richards of the DM position)
15. Thiago M/AM C
16. Bojan S C
17. Matteo Lucarini AM (LC) ST (66m spent on him, Rediculous talent, got 200 PA, machine)
18. Esteban Harce S C (24m - Javier Saviola regen part II)

Any ideas how to tone down the rediculous card amounts I'm getting?
Any ideas how to make (the 3 best real players in the game) my strikers score? MESSI/SANCHEZ/NEYMAR? Not so much against the average sides, but, the big sides, as they just don't deliver when it counts?

Sorry for the rant but it's frustrating to see my side play so well for large amounts, and then when it REALLY counts, and the reasons WHY I've bought these big players in to win the BIG games, they just NEVER show up, and it's quite disheartening :(.

Kind Regards,
Mark.

Brobs,

I've hit the old 'CPU AI has caught on to the tactic dilemma' with this formation. About a season and a half in. We are still winning about 50% of games but losing the other 50% as well (most of them away from home and we are 3-0 down at HT etc.).

Any tips on how I could tweak this to maintain the potency but freshen it up so that it confuses the games AI?

Cheers mate.

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

A great tribute to this fantastic tactic, probably the best for FM 12 !!!

I've begin a career with the Hammers, using a few of tactics and after winning Championship in my first season I've always been beetween the 4th e 6th in Premier but no more ... since someone talked me about brobs17's works !!!

First year with this tactic and ... 1st in Premier, FA Cup and Carling Cup, quarter finals in Champions League

View attachment 219473
View attachment 219474
View attachment 219475

Now I'm in second year and have already won the Premier even if I miss 5 games !!!
I've to play the Final of Champions League and FA Cup, then I'll post the results ...

A little suggestion:
in this second season I've switched the match preparation from "Very High" to "High" after december and there's no problem, probably a few goals less scored but an incredible defense !!! It also permits the players to recover well when you've to play every three days !!!

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

Really? I'm using patch 12.1.1 and this tactic was AMAZING in my first season and a half. Literally unbelievable. It did start to fall victom to the AI in the second half of my second season though. I'd be interested in trying out your new tactic also. (following you on twitter).

Last edited:

Also it says (12.1) in the thread title? :S

The 12.1 in the title is the release number of the tactic: 12 stands for FM2012 and 1 means 1st release
It's not correlated with the official patch of the game ...

By the way, just ended second season with this amazing tactic:
- second consecutive title in Premier
- second consecutive winning in FA Cup
- champion of Champions League !!!

View attachment 219691
View attachment 219692
View attachment 219693

I think these results are self-explanatory ...

Played all the season with match preparation setted on High (apart from the preseason where is very high)

"Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air."

hello there. this is by far the best tactic here for football manager 2012, for any of the patches! anyone looking for not a good but the best tactic here, you found it. you did it brobs!! with this tactic, the last one specially, you pu raikan, mr hough, and all other old tacticians from here, on the second place. nice work. keep going! i am tottenham and with your tactic i enjoy my hours spent playing football manager!
especially i like the way they press. the pressing is very up and aggressive, but they never let an opponent past them! what do you recomand in midlefield, a more creative player like modric, or sandro who has a better tackling, work rate and is more powerfull? i think the second one is better because he can make more interceptions. of course passing is important to! what do you think?

The 12.1 in the title is the release number of the tactic: 12 stands for FM2012 and 1 means 1st release
It's not correlated with the official patch of the game ...

Ahh, never thought of that. You can see where I'm coming from though, it could quite easily have been in relation to the game version.

Anyway, still worked amazingly well on 12.1.1 for a season and a half for me. Going to try out the new one now.