Brobs17 FM12 Flawless Tactic 12.1

• Thread starter Thread starter Brobs17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 129K
A few questions about this.

When I set it to this tactic, my attackers are placed as deep lying forwards, with one attacking and the others supporting. What should I set it to?

You say that I should not set my centre mid to being a playmaker. Does this mean that I should just leave him as a normal centre mid? Should they be supporting, attacking or defending? What role should my defensive mid have, if any?

Also, should I set my full backs to supporting? There were no specific instructions for this, so I was just wondering.

Also, what should I do in team instructions with things like passing, crossing and the like, where it asks you to set them to default, more direct etc?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm new the FM.

You don't have to tweak the tactic after installing it. Just copy it in the tactics folder (there should be a sticky post in this section explaining how to do this), select it and then you're ready to go, just choose the right players for the right positions. HTH

Your tactic is working quite good here. Started with FC Eindhoven in the Dutch Jupiler League (second league) with my own tactic, promovated after my first season, and finished 11th in my second season, though we were said to be relegation candidate number one.

The third season I switched to your tactic, and it works surprisingly good. I finished second in the competition, eight draws and lost twice, so now I'll even be playing qualifications for the Champions League.

I just have one little question, you mentioned that the match preparation should be set to Defensive Positioning. But I can't change it because it's a Classic Tactic. Is there any way to change it?

@ CheesyJ: You should just leave everything as it is, and better not make any changes to it at all, except when recommended in this topic.

you sure? i just plugged in the tactic and switched match preparation, i had no problems with that..

you sure? i just plugged in the tactic and switched match preparation, i had no problems with that..

Well, I just found out that I can't change match preparation at all anymore, at all files, so it doesn't have anything to do with this tactic. Never mind.

Well, I just found out that I can't change match preparation at all anymore, at all files, so it doesn't have anything to do with this tactic. Never mind.

Check you haven't allowed the assistant manager to handle match prep in the Team Policy settings

Check you haven't allowed the assistant manager to handle match prep in the Team Policy settings

Wow, that seems so obvious now, I wonder why I didn't think of that earlier on.
I've been puzzling on that quite some time, thanks a lot really!

How do I find out which positions require a Trequartista, Poacher or a target Man, etc. ?

This tactic is amazing at home, but somehow lacking Away. Is this tactic meant to be used Away aswell?

hello,i have a little question,im in my 1st season and after this one im gonna put in your tactic,my pitch size is on standard ,can i change pitch side between seasons???(too add your tactic on my team)

I've just started a Berwick Rangers save using your tactic mate. Tried my best to lure the right type of players for each position given the cash at my disposal.

Will keep you posted on how the tactic performs.

Okay, so here's the dumb question: where do I download the tactic? I'm guessing it's one I have to download, but I don't know how. I know there are instructions for importing it, which I'll follow once I've downloaded it. Cheers!

Okay, so here's the dumb question: where do I download the tactic? I'm guessing it's one I have to download, but I don't know how. I know there are instructions for importing it, which I'll follow once I've downloaded it. Cheers!

The bottom line of the first post

Thought I would try this tactic with Sunderland

Plugged in from start of pre-season - Team is now fully fluid in it - But having mixed results.

At home the tactic is fine

Pld 5 W 4 D 1 L 0 F 16 A 3 (league)

but away tactic is so so so bad

Pld 5 W 0 D 2 L 3 F 4 A 11

Gonna leave it for a full season and see what happens - But i based my prediciton off europe based on how good people said it was - but cant see me honestly challenging for europe :(

I'm destroying the opposition! Cheers mate! Wonder tactic!

Question: I wonder how much tinkering is ok in-game --- if, say, I wanted to push up more or sit back, or get one of my players to run/shoot less, would it mess up the system all that much?

Alright, thought I'd stop by and show some love for this tactic!! I'm currently managing Dusseldorf as the latest chapter in a long and illustrious career. Got promoted from 2.Bundesliga and had a successful first year in the 1.Bund. Was to avoid relegation and ended up finishing 10th and winning the DFB Pokal. Good Stuff. Then it all started to go wrong, went on a bad, bad run where I set the club record for most games without scoring, and in my Europa group I was bottom after a 2-0 defeat away to Roma and 2-0 defeat at home against Celtic, decided it was time for a tactical change..

As soon as I applied this my fortunes changed dramatically! Scored 30 odd goals in 8 games and got promoted from Europa group finishing 1 point behind Roma and managing to beat Celtic 7-0 in Glasgow was a particular highlight. Beat Bayern 5-3 away and have only lost 4 times in the last 20 odd games. Thanks for the good work getting this tactic up and running, it's something else!
View attachment 216848 Tactic was applied straight after the 0-0 draw with Stuttgart, Cheers again.

Well I won Division 3 pretty comfortably in my first season at Berwick using this. Off the top pf my head I think we only lost 1 or 2 games all season (don't have the exact info at hand right now). Went out of the cups early but to be fair those matches were against better opoposition and the tactic hadn't settled fully yet.

Towards the end of last season and the beginning of my current & second season (in Division 2 now) I am currently on a 30-match unbeaten run and that has included beating SPL outfit Inverness Caley Thistle 3-1 away from home in the League Cup.

All-in-all so far this tactic has been pretty Amazing! I'd definitely recommend it to ANYONE. Struggling to find better players to fit the positions in my second season but I reckon that it's because our reputation in the game is still pretty low, that will take a few good seasons to build up.

The only question I have is for people or Brobs who have used it for more than a season. Does it ever fall to the computer AI? Does the affect of the tactic wear off down the line?

Well I won Division 3 pretty comfortably in my first season at Berwick using this. Off the top pf my head I think we only lost 1 or 2 games all season (don't have the exact info at hand right now). Went out of the cups early but to be fair those matches were agaihvfmjcggnst better opoposition and the tactic hadn't settled fully yet. Towards the end of last season and the beginning of my current & second season (in Division 2 now) I am currently on a 30-match unbeaten run and that has included beating SPL outfit Inverness Caley Thistle 3-1 away from home in the League Cup.All-in-all so far this tactic has been pretty Amazing! I'd definitely recommend it to ANYONE. Struggling to find better players to fit the positions in my second season but I reckon that it's because our reputation in the game is still pretty low, that will take a few good seasons to build up.The only question I have is for people or Brobs who have used it for more than a season. Does it ever fall to the computer AI? Does the affect of the tactic wear off down the line?
Well I got into the Europa league semi final, lost 5-1 to Arsenal away and beat them 2-1 at the mighty EspiritArena. Finished 4th in the league and won the DFB Pokal for the second time running. Highlights were a 5-3 victory over Bayern away and the 3-0 cup final victory over Leverkusen. Productive season, quality tactic. Had no signs of it diminishing in power but I do use a backup every 10 games or so to keep it interesting and unpredictable..

Last edited:
Well I got into the Europa league semi final, lost 5-1 to Arsenal away and beat them 2-1 at the mighty EspiritArena. Finished 4th in the league and won the DFB Pokal for the second time running. Highlights were a 5-3 victory over Bayern away and the 3-0 cup final victory over Leverkusen. Productive season, quality tactic. Had no signs of it diminishing in power but I do use a backup every 10 games or so to keep it interesting and unpredictable..

How long in-game have you been using the tactic though mate? 'Cause I'm aware of such a thing with previous tactics where in the second season at some point the tactic would begin to lose affect and teams form would fall away.

Well I've not used it for 1 full year yet so remains to be seen, but as I said, I'm using my 2 backup tactics as starting tactics every 7 - 10 games so that the CPU registers that I rotate tactics. As far as I'm aware, your team doesn't lose form if you regularly rotate tactics as your CPU opponent doesn't 'know' that you will surely play any 1 tactic and therefore cannot plan to beat 'the one' tactic that you always use.

Back