Sorry mate, this tactic really didn't work for me, used it for 10 games, lost 8, drew 2 and i won the 2 i played before using this tactic, but it looks like it works well for other people so who cares! :D

My update is out. Sid try the update out, think it will work for you, same with you thunderblood.

Baelrog - could you include my updated tactic in your testing posts? great job btw mate.

It is in a new thread

Last edited:
Man this is real great tactic.You have my respect.Great scoring and solid defensive.So big thank you.

But I have one question for someone.I play for Barcelona and my problem is Messi.I got him on the edge but his performances is not good.So I want asked when you using this tactic in Barca wich position Messi has.

Thank you all.

OK I will try this update thanks.So after couple matches I will post my results.

---------- Post added 20/04/2011 at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 19/04/2011 at 06:02 PM ----------

After 7 matches I must say that your update is not better for me then this old version.But my special problem is in every FM and each tactic scoring efficiency.For example my last match against Sevilla in Spanish Cup.We were better than Sevilla but result is 2:2.I had 6 clear cut chances,Sevilla 2.And my one speciality firing bar.:D One match at least one bar or more.Big problem are sides strikers they scored very low.

Computer team could Levante,Racing everyone but their scoring quality is much better then my.

Yup. I've tested your new versions and the result is worse than the original one.

HI Brobs - I've given your tactic a try and thought I would feedback.
I am Welling United in the BSqP. I was manager of Dag&Red in League one for 2 seasons but then resigned, expected better offers (as I'd done ok with them) but none were forthcoming. I was unemployed for 18 months until someone finally gave me a chance. A team predicted to finish 23rd called Welling United.
I am just about to enter October and I am still to win a match in the league.
I'm rooted to the bottom, 12 games in and already well adrift of safety with only three points to my name! Scoring 9 in 12 and conceded THIRTY THREE!
Admittedly, I started the season off with a different tactic and lost the first four games. Then found your tactic and so with match preparation, my players are only competent in all areas and not higher.

I know my team are probably one of the worst anyway and I have just lost 3-4 at home to Mansfield and drew 2-2 at Darlington (where I was 10-1 to win) so you never know, I might be starting to turn the corner!

I'm not moaning, I'm just letting you know how my game is going using your tactic.

Hi Brobs,
This is brilliant tactic.Thanks but I have a question.
You are playing with direct passes but tempo is slow.I didn't understand.Why?

I have been using it with blackpool for the last 7 games of the first season and it kept me up. After 13 games i am third in the league however my central striker scores lots of goals but the right and left strikers never seem to score for me despite having the oppurtunities which is quite annoying. It doesn't matter which of my strikers I put in that position (although I normally play Leigh griffiths and DJ Campbell there,with sebastian abreu as my central striker) they never seem to score. Leigh griffiths has 1 goal in 13 pl games and DJ campbell has 1 in 12. I was wondering if you could help me? By the way sebastian abreu (my central striker) is top of the scoring charts with 9 goals and I think the tactic is very good

Pretty nice, first season with Liverpool:

- I won the Europa cup

- Lost the league cup to a very bad side (board didn't expect me to go far in it.. :p)

- Won FA cup

- Won the league

Not bad... :D I bought Lukaku and wow he was great

On my 2nd season now and didn't start to well, although I beat Barca 2-0 for the Super cup, I lost to west ham

Pretty nice, first season with Liverpool:

- I won the Europa cup

- Lost the league cup to a very bad side (board didn't expect me to go far in it.. :p)

- Won FA cup

- Won the league

Not bad... :D I bought Lukaku and wow he was great

On my 2nd season now and didn't start to well, although I beat Barca 2-0 for the Super cup, I lost to west ham

Where did you play Lukaku in the formation?

in around 20 games i havent lost with leicester
in my first season in the prem
finished 6th won the fa cup
started using this tactic in jan
2-1 v man u
2-0 v arsenal
4-0 v sunderland in fa cup final
and steven fletcher has 15 goals in games games

I took Liverpool to start the game, and was sitting 6th after december, 13 points off top 4, 15 off 3rd (chelsea).

I had sold ngog to newcastle for 6 mil in august and bought hulk for 15 mil (pounds) and was playing with suarez on the left carroll in the middle and hulk on the right... suarez and carroll (or kuyt depending on the game) were scoring for fun, but hulk could not score to save his life, and so i swapped him with suarez. Hulk then started scoring for fun, and suarez suddenly stopped.
I finished the season 3rd and won the Europa League.

I was given 61 mil as a tranfer budget and enhanced by selling:
Joe Cole (5 mil to spurs)
Poulsen (5 mil to olympiakos)
Agger (16 mil to man city)
skrtel (5 mil to juventus)
Aquilani (10 mil to hoffenheim)
el zhar (1 mil cant remember to who)
konchesky (5 mil to birmingham)
Jovanovic (5 mil to schalke)
And a couple of others for 500k
All of this took my transfer budget to about 101 million (cause I keep 75% of the transfer)
Having cleared out all of that, I started with covering the players I sold, and strengthen certain areas, and brought in:
Coentrao (9 mil)
Phil Jones (16 mil)
Lucio (4 mil)
Lukaku (10 mil)
A Vidal (16 mil)
Paulo Henrique (20 mil)
Lisandro Lopez (26 mil)
Total: 98 mil

After the busy summer period, I played like so:
Reina
Johnson Lucio Phil Jones Coentrao
Vidal
Gerrard Paulo Henrique
Lopez Hulk Suarez
After the first 4 league games suarez had scored 10 goals and hulk another 7, but lopez had zilch. I then swapped suarez with lopez, and lopez went on a run of 9 in 4, and suarez had zilch…
What is it with the right forward position
should I play a right footer left and a left footer right, or vice versa?
Needless to say I currently sit first, having played and won my first 11 games with 50 goals scored and just 2 conceded, but it is annoying that the right forward cant score.

Which ones better?

This one or the dont use if you dont want to win all

This tactic 'partially' works for me. The defence is so unbelievably bad I can never keep a clean sheet. Going forward it's one of the best I've ever used. Any suggestions as to how to stop this leaky defence of mine?

I'm Fiorentina by the way.

This tactic 'partially' works for me. The defence is so unbelievably bad I can never keep a clean sheet. Going forward it's one of the best I've ever used. Any suggestions as to how to stop this leaky defence of mine?

I'm Fiorentina by the way.

there's an update for this tactic it's in a new thread
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...arning-dont-use-if-you-dont-want-win-all.html
the new update works very fine for me, in mid season (i play AC MILAN) 14win 2draw 1lost, 1st position in the league

Last edited: