Can anyone tell what sort of players are required for the tactic? There are no player instructions and player roles. Help would be appreciated.

Can anyone tell what sort of players are required for the tactic? There are no player instructions and player roles. Help would be appreciated.

I have been just using quality players for each position with good success. Two TS and one FS at the front since those are the higher rated strikers I have, but seems to be working very well so far.

Interesting to note that it took about 5 games or so to get into rhythm and found my self in 19th place in short order...one it clicked though I flew up to 5th by the end of November...so give it a bit of time

this is a GODLIKE tactic!

my atletico is doing good with this tactic, wow...

Seriously people,do you need people to play the entire game for you?
This tactic is excellent,but atleast try to manage the players and team talks yourselves,
instead of expecting others to hold your hand the entire way....

brobs 17 ?

do you use oi ?

is it good for patch 11.2 ?

which is the playmaker and target man ? do you drag their name in the box ?

What Strikers "role" are? Who is the more finishing guy and who is the more crossing and dribbling guy?

Guys you will find all your answers in the original post (about OI's, team talks etc), take a look, hope you enjoy the tactic.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

What Strikers "role" are? Who is the more finishing guy and who is the more crossing and dribbling guy?

I would suggest putting the finisher in the central role, but it isn't vital, all the striker are fairly similar.

bros 17 which is the play maker and target man please ? you have to drag them in the target man list ?

Why does no one read the OP?!

On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions. There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.

Started using this tactic when I was 11 games into the 2012-13 season with Exeter, in the Premier League, finished a respectable 16th, then played the entire 2013-14 season with it, and finished 12th, not bad really! After the mod you made with the corners, my centreback Jordan Spence scored 12 goals from corners, including 4 in a single game, so that aspect definitely works. Still struggling to attract high quality players, but looking forward to hopefully a top 10 finish this season!

Brobs,

I'm going to use your tactic with my newly promoted Crewe team for my next season. Just up to the Championship with a limited squad and budget....so could be challenging.
I have one question which i'd like your clarification on before i start:

in the OP you say match prep to NONE and workload average. is this correct??? if so...what's behind your thnking here?

Stav.

Last edited:
Gave this tactic a go with a poor team to see if it really works. Started with Blackpool. Won some games 5-4, 3-2, 4-3 etc, but also got some serious hidings, including a 9-0 at arsenal, 7-0 at man u and 6-0 at man city :-(. The plus was i beat the chelsea knobs twice 3-0, so that was nice :). Overall i finished 8th in the EPL with 58 points, scored 79 and conceded 74. I think there are some serious defensive issues, unless you have world class players. My top striker ( Benitez ) did score 43 goals in 43 games though.

My assessment would be - great going forward but awful at the back - good effort though.....

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Oh, forgot to mention that my team had 17 red cards during the season aswell :-(.

i have a strong everton squad and i'm using this tactic this season... i like the attack at times but i have 2 issues.

firstly, it concedes a ton, and secondly, the team seems to choke in big games and not pull of an comebacks.

any idea why this could be?

oh, and also, i get FAR too many cards with this setup.

if it wasn't so leaky and gets so many cards, this tactic would be very good.

Last edited:
Fantastic tactic, I've had Yeovil Town promoted in the first season, and now I'm pushing the play-offs in my second season. Best tactic I've used in 11.3.
The only fault I've found is that it concedes quite a few, especially at set-pieces(even after downloading the latest version)

Fantastic tactic, I've had Yeovil Town promoted in the first season, and now I'm pushing the play-offs in my second season. Best tactic I've used in 11.3.
The only fault I've found is that it concedes quite a few, especially at set-pieces(even after downloading the latest version)

I don't understand how to stoP conceding from set plays etc, any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Gave this tactic a go with a poor team to see if it really works. Started with Blackpool. Won some games 5-4, 3-2, 4-3 etc, but also got some serious hidings, including a 9-0 at arsenal, 7-0 at man u and 6-0 at man city :-(. The plus was i beat the chelsea knobs twice 3-0, so that was nice :). Overall i finished 8th in the EPL with 58 points, scored 79 and conceded 74. I think there are some serious defensive issues, unless you have world class players. My top striker ( Benitez ) did score 43 goals in 43 games though.

Blackpool are terrible so to finish where you did is good, you don't need world class players, never lost like that with hammers and west ham.. It's just because Blackpool are very very poor
My assessment would be - great going forward but awful at the back - good effort though.....

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Oh, forgot to mention that my team had 17 red cards during the season aswell :-(.

I'm not sure tbh, I have found I concede more from indirect free-kicks than anything else, I've tried playing with the marking etc, but haven't had much luck. I seem to be outscoring my opponent most of the time though, so it's not too bad

I actually concede alot less goals from set pieces after I set match prep to defending set pieces....
I'm giving this a try with Wycombe now,after great success with Liverpool.