Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

Think we should create a thread for that tactic to stop this thread getting derailed? I'll whip one up tomorrow if you want.

that would be good and sorry to the person who thread this is went a bit off topic so sorry

No problem. It is good that we are having a dialog about other tactics. I should have next set of results up in about 10 hours.... Cheers

Would be interesting to see you test the Rock Classic and Sicilian Defense too :) In my own top team test, the sicilian defense actually won the league with 1 point over the 2-5-3 angels v2 :)

Last edited:
And it's actually Will1981's custom database, I didn't make it, I just tweaked it :)

Test 1: Completed

I have finished the first test of tactics and here are some observations:

- Mr Langvatn 2-5-3 Angels V2 was very successful against the computer opponents, garnering 53 of a potential 60 points. On the strength of it's performance against the computer opponents, this tactic also scored the most overall points, with 68 out of a possible 96 points.

- Meanwhile V13 Zero Sea Fight For Athena was the most successful in head-to-head competition, with 21 of a possible 36 points.

- All 4 tactics performed well, finishing in places 1-4 in overall points

Here are my results:

Tactics vs. Computer Controlled Opponents (maximum of 60 possible points):
View attachment 376479

Tactics in Head-to-Head Competition:
View attachment 376480

Detailed Results

View attachment 376482

Overall Score:

View attachment 376503

I want to thank all the participants. I will be taking a few days off now to play my own game and expect to start another round of testing in about 4 days. I have identified the tactics for the next test, and at this time, they are expected to be:

Tactics for Test #2Owner
FALCAO. ` the Absolute Carlo Ancelotti ` PSG tac.
FALCAO
nezza's 3-3-3-1 ( V.3 )
Nezza
Richy25 Deep 4-2-4
Richy25
Elhazel 3-5-2 Goal Machine
Elhazel

Cheers!

I like the layout of your test results. The results themselves are as expected, as I've tested all those tactics myself. Good to know that more people get the same results, so we can rule out randomness.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how those tactics do in the second testing phase. I've used Richys myself and nezza's was just about to do a quick run with the falcao one, so ill keep an eye on this thread :) good work!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how those tactics do in the second testing phase. I've used Richys myself and nezza's was just about to do a quick run with the falcao one, so ill keep an hour on this thread :) good work!

Thank you for you kind words. Will keep you informed as I get going....

Cheers

I like the layout of your test results. The results themselves are as expected, as I've tested all those tactics myself. Good to know that more people get the same results, so we can rule out randomness.

Wish you and all participants the best. We need to support folks like you so that folks like me ("tactics - challenged") can have good tactics available.

Cheers