Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

When's the next batch of results mate

I will be taking a few days off to play my own game and expect to start another round of testing in about 3 days. I have identified the tactics for the next test in post 34.

Cheers

I will be taking a few days off to play my own game and expect to start another round of testing in about 3 days. I have identified the tactics for the next test in post 34.

Cheers

Breaks from tactic testing are really important, or you will lose all your motivation for it :)

Isn't the falcao tactic for a previous patch? I am almost certain I remember that one from earlier.. And that I tried it in 13.3.3 without success. I think it's one of those that was really good, but got ****** when 13.3.3 came. How is it doing so far in your test? :)

Isn't the falcao tactic for a previous patch? I am almost certain I remember that one from earlier.. And that I tried it in 13.3.3 without success. I think it's one of those that was really good, but got ****** when 13.3.3 came. How is it doing so far in your test? :)

It is off to a somewhat slow start so far, however we have a lot of matches to go. Here is how it has performed to date playing 3 against the computer and 3 head to head:

View attachment 378244

hey dbotiger, wouldn't the best way to truly test tactics H2h be to create like a 16 team league and assign each team a custom tactic, then make sure each team has the exact same players (exact same attributes), staff, training, training facilities, type stadium/field, etc. This it eliminates as many variables as possible and just leaves it to the tactic vs tactic. What do you think?

hey dbotiger, wouldn't the best way to truly test tactics H2h be to create like a 16 team league and assign each team a custom tactic, then make sure each team has the exact same players (exact same attributes), staff, training, training facilities, type stadium/field, etc. This it eliminates as many variables as possible and just leaves it to the tactic vs tactic. What do you think?

That is certainly a valid suggestion, however, my goal is not to test these tactics exclusively head to head. The head to head results I post are, for me, a secondary statistic. I am most interested in how these tactics do against the computer because when I am done I plan to use one of these tactics in my own game.;)
If you are interested in knowing how these tactics stack up in a serious head to head competition, then I would definitely encourage you to do a test of the type you suggested. I am sure that many people would be interested in those results.

Cheers

The teams are equal, with equal staff etc etc.. And he uses FMRTE to remove the other variables. And the way he is testing right now gives us the most information, how the tactics do vs comp and head to head.

Btw, head to head has nothing to do at all with how it will do against the computer. It only shows how it does against the tactics that are included in the test, so it won't even be of value to people who want to use it in an online game, cause there will be other tactics. Head to head tactic testing is purely for entertainment/fun.

Last edited:
The teams are equal, with equal staff etc etc.. And he uses FMRTE to remove the other variables. And the way he is testing right now gives us the most information, how the tactics do vs comp and head to head.

Btw, head to head has nothing to do at all with how it will do against the computer. It only shows how it does against the tactics that are included in the test, so it won't even be of value to people who want to use it in an online game, cause there will be other tactics. Head to head tactic testing is purely for entertainment/fun.

makes sense now that you've explained it that way.

Thanks... Do you have any idea of the creators of these tactics? It looks like

4-2-3-1 super ATK.tac (1,14 KB) - uploaded.net was created by angelsofnine and
neo BVB.tac (1,12 KB) - uploaded.net - was created by SoCoool

For 4231(R).tac (1,12 KB) - uploaded.net - I couldn't find creator.

Can you verify?

Also, I thought Nezza had a 4-2-3-1?