Building the Perfect Beast?.... Tactics Testing by dbotiger

dbotiger

Reaction score
UPDATE AS OF September 20: Test 4 has completed

4th Test Complete. Results are in post 192.
3rd Test complete. Results are in post 137.
2nd Test complete. Results are in post 93.
1st Test complete: Results are in post 34.

Tactics tested in Test 4:

View attachment 472367

Tactics tested in Test 3:

• BALBOA 2 V2 by SuperMatt1978
  • Bob Marley IIII-IIII-II(Sunshine) by markyplatt
  • 4-2-3-1 super ATK by angelosnine
  • Mr Langvatn 3-6-1 Sicilian Defense (13.3.3) FINAL VERSION by Mr. Langvatn

Tactics tested in Test 2:

• FALCAO. ` the Absolute Carlo Ancelotti ` PSG tac.
  • nezza's 3-3-3-1 ( V.3 )
  • Richy25 Deep 4-2-4
  • Elhazel 3-5-2 Goal Machine

Tactics tested in Test 1:
  • V13 Zero Sea Fight For Athena
  • Mr Langvatn 2-5-3 Angels V2
  • Total Evolution By.Pentor {13.3.2}
  • Bandit Unplugged by SuperMatt1978
Summary of Results to Date sorted by test:

View attachment 466805

I am in search of the perfect beast of a tactic...... ;)

Seriously, I love the work that a_ilfandy has done in his Huge Tactics Testing Project. In that spirit, I have decided to do a Plug-and-Play Tactics test of my own, targeted at the 13.3.3 version. I plan to test 4 tactics in a 9 team league over a 32 game season. 12 of these games will be against other user-created tactics and 20 will be against computer teams.

Caveats:
With the intro verbiage out of the way, let me add my caveat’s:

1) I am sorry in advance for any errors or omissions that occur as a result of this test. It is not and never will be intentional.
2) This is supposed to be fun, so I will try to keep this as positive as possible (and I hope you do too).
3) This is NOT a statistically valid experiment, however, I will try to balance what is feasible with what I think is a decent set of test parameters.
4) If all goes well and I decide to keep testing after this initial test, the test will probably have to evolve (hopefully for the better).

Parameters:
I am attempting to make this the best test I can so here is how I have set up the first test:

A) I am running my first test in FM (not FMC).
B) In this first test, I will not use real players, nor add staff, and I am using a small database.
C) I am setting all bonuses to high for all teams
D) No captain changes will be made.
E) All requests for transfer will be rejected.
F) Substitutions will only happen in situations where there is a red card, an injury, and in extra time.
G) Match Training will be set to Tactics
H) There will be no shouts.
I) I will not be using vacation mode at any time during the test for any manager.
J) I will be using FMRTE to try to control some of the variability in the test. For example, I will heal all injuries before the next game.
K) All Condition and Fitness will be reset to 10,000 after each match
L) All CA/PA is set to 150
M) The Reputation for all teams is set to 8,000.
N) All player Jadedness will be reset to 0 before each match.

This test will be run using version 13.3.3.
Feedback is welcome. I'll update new results anytime I can. You are all welcome to suggest improvements, and I will be happy to implement those that make sense.
Feel free to suggest tactics, as I will try to run multiple tests...Lastly, thanks to Mr Langvatn for helping me get the database for this test set up and a_ilfandy for encouraging me to go for it....

The quest for the perfect beast begins...

Last edited:
Test 1: Results after first 4 games in the season:

Here are the results for the first 4 games. After 1/8th of the first test, it is not surprising that the records are close. One surprise is that Pentor is off to a slow start.... More results to follow as soon as I have them, and in future posts, I will post the records for the rest of the teams in the league (the computer controlled teams).... Cheers

View attachment 375367

Last edited:
Could you test Nezza 3331, Elhazel 352 Goal Machine and Richy25 Deep 424

Have no idea if that tactic is very good. Screens look impressive. Looks like the STr scores a lot, the AMC assists a lot, the two CMs are ball winners and the DMC is a creative player.

Used it with Arsenal.. Took over when they were placed 10th in the league. Finished the season as 2nd. Started second season (10 games played so far) sitting on the top of the table with 23 pts (17 goals scored/2 conceded).

Used it with Arsenal.. Took over when they were placed 10th in the league. Finished the season as 2nd. Started second season (10 games played so far) sitting on the top of the table with 23 pts (17 goals scored/2 conceded).
what gen and match training did you use