Built For The Future: An FM-Baseshire FC Joint Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just played a friendly! And I LOVE how small I am :D:D

Oh yeah Sam 150cm ;)

When you played for me you were awful :p

theres no great right backs in the team, i want to sign godwin antwi

Sam: Have you put yourself on penalties? :p

Is everyone ok with my layout?

I like how it is set out although expect some good ol' Alfonso twists :D

Last edited:
August

8th August, 2009.

FM-Baseshire FC vs. Hereford

This morning was a pain for me – I was both nervous and looking forward to the game today. I was told that I’d be starting this game.

The atmosphere in the changing rooms was electric – everyone psyched up for FM-Baseshire’s first ever game together. The first team was named:

Chris Barber, James Masson, Sunil Vijayan, Leinad Sekao, Riki Rikardo, Joao Pascoa, Me, Alex Whitehouse, Ross Webster, Esteban Zamorano, Ben Dover. I smiled when my name got called out.

“We are playing a flat 4-4-2, so nobody roams from their positions. We need to grind out a result here, and we will do it.” That was the only thing the manager said after naming the team.

We started off well: we created chances by attacking from the off and showed some true strength at the back. Within 8 minutes Ben Dover had scored. The fans went wild and so did we as a team, but it was important to stay focussed. 3 minutes later Ross Webster lunged himself into a 50-50 and got himself a red card. Esteban Zamorano scored on 19 minutes to extend the lead for us. Ricardinho replaced me after 51 minutes – the only substitute - but I was pleased with my performance. It was fun to watch the remainder of the game as Esteban scored 20 minutes from the end to seal the win. Riki Rikardo had a stormer of a match and deservedly won the Man of the Match award.

FINAL SCORE: 3-0 WIN

It’s time to go home and celebrate ;)

11th August, 2009.

Southend vs. FM-Baseshire FC

With not much space between our first two games, it was important to stay focussed, and I slept well last night so I’ll be fit as for tonight’s League Cup 1st Round game.

We travelled to Southend last night and stayed in a lovely hotel, really comfortable. I had Weetabix for breakfast and a glass of orange juice – fantastic!

We arrived at the stadium at 18:00 after a light training session at lunch time. The fans awaited our bus arrival behind a fence. As I stepped off the bus, I heard my name being called in the mixture of other teammates. I had to stay focussed.

I had a sound match tonight, and even scored a goal. I started again and remained confident. We defended against the League One outfit but after half an hour of trying, they finally broke the deadlock through Francis Laurent. The half time team-talk was tense – the manager wanted us to attack from the restart. We did, and Luke Tonks found the net on the hour mark. The game went down to penalties. It was good as Southend missed their first and third (Matt Holland scored the second), and we scored all four – me, Leinad, Esteban and Ben Dover. We celebrated beating the favourites and we ran and dived in front of our travelling fans.

FINAL SCORE: 1-1; WIN ON PENALTIES

15th August, 2009.

Darlington vs. FM-Baseshire FC

A very disappointing day for everyone associated with FM-Baseshire. It was hard to swallow this defeat but all credit goes to Darlington as they were superb. We prepared for this match with such intensity it seemed as if another result would go our way. We lacked in every area on the pitch – our communication was poor, and our ability didn’t show. We had the most shots in the game which proves our attacking force, but didn’t convert any chances and suffered a 3-0 defeat. I didn’t have the best of games either, and got subbed off after 65 minutes.

FINAL SCORE: 3-0 LOSS

18th August, 2009.

FM-Baseshire FC vs. Dagenham & Redbridge

I wasn’t selected for today’s first eleven, but I was on the bench. I watched on the sidelines as the team welcomed Dagenham & Redbridge. The fans were brilliant to watch – both home and away – they were singing songs and chanting names, it was unbelievable. They even started chanting:

Mike Dale, give us a wave! Mike Dale, Mike Dale, give us a wave!

With a smile on my face, I managed a little wave, then followed by a huge "WEEYYY!

Anyway, back to the game. It was an enjoyable one. Fabio Muwumbi, Ben Dover and Riki Rikardo all scored good goals. I came on with only a few minutes to go, so didn’t really get a chance to put in a great performance. A great day for the club.

FINAL SCORE: 3-0 WIN

22nd August, 2009.

Bury vs. FM-Baseshire FC

Didn’t sleep very well last night because of the bus travel. Never been a great traveller, but being a footballer it’s important that I’ve to get used to it.

We entered the stadium at around 1 and got comfortable in the changing room. Within half an hour we were outside for a kickabout and warm up. The manager called us in and asked that we defend in order to concede as few goals as possible. He went for the flat 4-4-2 as usual but with much less attacking.

We kicked off, and at 15 minutes Luke Tonks had scored a fantastic goal. 2 minutes later Chris McTurner scored a good header from a cross by Luke. By 30 minutes, Bury had pulled it back to 2-2. 5 minutes before the break, Ben Dover scored the last of all 3 goals for us. Unfortunately, Leoj Nebod fractured his ribs in the first half and will be out for around 2 months. Bury scored another goal in the second half.

I played very well and it was a nice runaround. Shame the result didn’t go our way.

FINAL SCORE: 3-3 DRAW

26th August, 2009.

Blackburn vs. FM-Baseshire FC

It was a nervy start to the day as I woke up in Blackburn of all places :p We had a lovely breakfast followed by a light training session.

We started the match at approximately 20:00, 15 minutes later than planned. Apparently there were diversions after sudden road works that most fans were unaware of.

Blackburn kicked off in the cold. Within 10 minutes we had scored our first – Joao Pascoa. Nothing really happened during the match but was a very nervy one. 5 minutes from the end Fabio Muwumbi scored an amazing solo effort. Both goals were assisted by me :D We were all so pleased of our performances tonight and deserved the win.

FINAL SCORE: 2-0 WIN

29th August, 2009.

FM-Baseshire FC vs. Torquay

Today was a very dull day – had a **** night’s sleep, I was feeling tense for some peculiar reason.

I started again and felt a strain in my left leg, don’t know how or why it was there. Torquay took the lead through Tim Sills after 20 minutes, and Ben Dover equalised before half time after my through-ball. We had two goals disallowed in the second half which really frustrated our team and fans. But we’ve learnt that we must respect the decisions made and the final result. I put in a Man of the Match performance, but I wouldn’t say I deserved it.

FINAL SCORE: 1-1 DRAW

End-of-month thoughts:

Despite only our first season in the league, we showed we are good attacking by scoring 10 goals in 5 games for the first month. Also, we’ve been poor defensively as a whole, not particularly individually (conceded 7).

I’ve also had great news – I’m due to travel with the Wales U-21 squad on 9th September :D

I’ve had a good first month with FM-Baseshire. Here are my stats:

Appearances: 7
Goals: 0
Assists: 3
Man of the Match: 1
Yellow Cards: 1 Red Cards: 0
Average Rating: 7.33

Last edited:
Nice update Mike, I see I'm not scoring :(

Beautiful layout though ;)

Pleased to see I started a couple of games and scored in the peno shootout! Go on Sekao!!!

I'm gonna' finish pre-season tonight then go to bed. I'll update in the morning.

my updates will not be that graphic, just saying, ill post the result, the goalscorers and a sentence on how i did

Alfonso Sanchez has only played one game due to the great performaces of Luke Tonks :p

Boden had to make his guy a DM didnt he.. if it was AMC or something it'd been so much easier for me to fit him in the squad!!!

For anyone who was wondering I play 4-2-4:

GK: Bangura
DR: Masson (Full back)
DL: McRonald (Full back)
DC: Sekao (Limited)
DC: Yeboah (Ball playing)
MC: Dale (Advanced Playmaker)
MC: Whitehouse (Ball winning)
AML: Me! (Winger)
AMR: Ricardinho (Winger)
ST: King (Complete forward)
ST: McTurner (Target man)

In preseason this showed a great mix of attack and defence, it is creative and works to players strengths.

ohh come one! never played with my player? ;D
hes doing great in my game as amc :)

This is my line up you beasts

BARBER
DI CANIO
DA SILVA
TAYLOR
GREGG
ZAMARANO
SANCHEZ
DALE
NEDOB
DOVER
MUWUMBI

Gregg is in your line up XD

That is my dad ;)

Im disgusted you are not playing sekao joe!

1st September, 2009.

It was nice to see that centre back Sunil Vijayan came third in August’s Player of the Month award.

I tried phoning him to congratulate him, but he didn’t answer, so I’ll tell him personally tomorrow (A)

EDIT: Forgot to give a shout-out to Riki Rikardo, who claimed Young Player of the Year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.