Built For The Future: An FM-Baseshire FC Joint Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------​

23th July 2009

Dear Diary!​

The last match in the pre-season was against the GH-Academy.

The coach played with the same team as against Aldershot. He explained us he wanted us to get bond together and work as a team!

Alfonso Sanchez begun the scoring after great spadework of me in the 3rd minute.

30 seconds later I screwed up my courage and banged the ball out of 25m into the net! What a feeling!

But in the 15th minute Santaigo Deboah got hurt and will be out for around 11 days but shouldnt be in danger for the first seasonal match.

In the end we won 5:0 with Mateo Torres scoring the final goal.

So...This was pre-season an I'm happy i joined this club and startet a professional football career.

In the whole pre-season I played 4 games, was never substituted, scored one goal and provided 4 assists.

Gonna call my Mom and Dad now with my iphone which i bought from my first money here.

Cya
You played Torres and he scored I love you! :wub:(K)

26th June 2009

Dear Diary,
I have just arrived home from a match but to my suprise, my entire family were sitting, waiting for me.
"What did i do?"
"Read this," my uncle told me.
"To Sunil,
Our scouts have been watching you and would like to offer you a proper trial in England. If you impress you will be offered a contract to play for us in League 2. We have enclosed a plane ticket from India to arrive. We look forward to seeing you.
FM Baseshire FC"

I thought this was a dream. No, it's reality. However, what if my family don't want me to go.
"Do you want me to go?"
"YES!!" they all replied
"Have fun and get into university," my mum said
"I will!"

28th June 2009,
I have arrived in England. I was wondering who was going to pick me up. I have relatives in England. Quite a lot but not in this part.
Then a black ferrari stopped by my feet and to my amazement, it was Alan Shearer.
"Hi, i'm Alan Shearer. Assistant Manager of FM Baseshire. Welcome to England Sunil and i hope you enjoy your stay."

30th June 2009
The day has arrived...my chance to play professional football in England. My country's captain Baichung Bhutia played for Bury for two years. I want to play for more. It was 11:00 am. Two hours to the match. I turned on my hotel t.v. and switched to the cricket. India vs South Africa. India 10 runs away from a lead in the test match. Sachin Tendulkar 13 runs away from ANOTHER century. Boy he's a magician! The other Indian masterclass Virendar Sehwag is 143 not out. AMAZING!!
Then the phone rang.
"Hello, Sunil. Yes this is Alan. I'm coming to collect you and the others in the coach around 12:00. Be ready."
He hang up.
I couldn't believe it. My chance to shine.
Soon i could have a Match Attax Card.
Sunil Vijayan
CB
FM Baseshire

But i had to sign first.

1:00
Kick Off
Disaster! After 5 minutes they scored. Alan showed encouragement. I need to do better!!
Half Time-they lead 1-0
Alan seemed rather calm. He looked at me with a smile. I didn't understand. But he told us that he needs to see more from us.
We heeded this legend. After all, Premier League's all time top scorer, 30 goals for England. Top Class like Sachin and Virendar.
YESSS!! GOAL!! I took a throw in which was nodded back to me by Alfonso Sanchez. We played confidently with each other. He skinned one player and passed to me. I was now playing as a wing-back. I took a touch and crossed and there was Fabio Muwumbi to head home.
1-1
Full Time-1-1
Not a bad result but we all wanted to know if we made it.

2nd July 2009-
Alan called us all and said to arrive at the training ground.
I arrived with Alfonso and Fabio.
"I put up a list in the changing rooms of who made it."
We all rushed to see it.
Alfonso Sanchez
Fabio Muwumbi
Santiago Yeboah
Matteo Torres
Max King
Sunil Vijayan
And many more

I stopped reading. My dream has come true. I am now a professional footballer. From playing on the streets to this! I had to phone my family.
They were ECSTATIC!!
That's it for now!! My adventure begins now...
More to follow

Forgot to give a shout-out to Riki Rikardo, who claimed Young Player of the Year.

Ohhhhh yeahhh!!! :D

What position do you play me?
When I was testing, I played AMR and I scored 4 in pre-season and got something like 5 assists with Torres and McTurner up front :D

Might want to give that a try ;)

Torres has begun to perform for me in the latter stages of pre-season :p

Haha sorry bout putting him DM but i thought I would have like the only one ;)

Ohhhhh yeahhh!!! :D

What position do you play me?
When I was testing, I played AMR and I scored 4 in pre-season and got something like 5 assists with Torres and McTurner up front :D

Might want to give that a try ;)

Argh, I meant Young Player of the Month XD

But I'm playing you MR, not doing too badly ^^)

25th July 2009.
Pre-season is over now. I had featured in all but one game and I was happy with my performances - except one. The player that stood out most to me during pre season was Torres, the manager at first used Torres as a substitute but then he gave Torres a few games.. and it sure payed off!
I'm looking forward to the season to begin.

FM-Baseshire (3) - (1) FM-Baseshire Reserves.
Ricardinho, Riki Ricardo & Mateo Torres.
I played a part in the Ricardinho goal as Ricardo passed the ball down the line to me, I then crossed it in only for it to be headed out, and there was Ricardinho with a spectacular 25 yard volley!

FM-Baseshire (3) - (0) Lanzarote.
Ricardinho x3.
What a performance from the team! I was subbed off at half time as the manager wanted to give Yeboah a run out. This performance was brilliant though, Ricardinho is magical!

FM-Baseshire (7) - (0) GH Academy.
Mateo Torres x3, Max King x3, Ricardinho.
This is a performance i'm hoping to forget sooner rather than later, I was sent off in the 24th minute for a foul on a GH Academy player. Before I was sent off I assisted Torres for one goal.

FM-Baseshire (0) - (2) Celtic.
We went into this match expecting a hard game and it sure was. We could of gone 1-0 up inside 15 minutes but my long range shot cracked off the crossbar. We dominated possesion but Celtic had the finishing quality that we had lacked in this match.

FM-Baseshire (1) - (0) Dundee.
Mateo Torres.
This was also a challenging match. I was playing infront of the defence and I was given the Man of the Match award after the game. Torres was passed the ball at the half-way line and went onto score an amazing solo effort from about 20 yards out!

Anyway Diary, i'm gonna' go. I've got a training session with Jay-Jay Okocha soon so i'm going to go and get ready. See ya!

How's my player (Sunil Vijayan) working for you?

Great, was third in Player and Young Player of the Month ^^)

Nobody's really had a bad game as of yet, but I'm sure things will get worse for some (when I start leaving them out ;))

Harry is FM-Baseshires youngest ever player for me ^^)

.... is the youngest ever league 2 scorer(H)

I just want to *Like* dmf's post as he played Torres, the almighty Torres, the super Torres, Matteo Torres up front!!!
Btw, shouldn't we be chatting on the discussion thread as this will be spammed soon if we carry on like this.
EDIT: I want to *Like* Josh's post.
Torres We love you, we love you, we do!!

Last edited:
I just want to *Like* dmf's post as he played Torres, the almighty Torres, the super Torres, Matteo Torres up front!!!
Btw, shouldn't we be chatting on the discussion thread as this will be spammed soon if we carry on like this.

read mine, torres is on fire

I just have Joshh, I edited the post. But I see Ricardinho has scored more :( Or is that because he started more :)

I just have Joshh, I edited the post. But I see Ricardinho has scored more :( Or is that because he started more :)

He started more, but in my first competitive game (league match) torres had 4 goals in a 5-1 win ;)

Is it just me or is the defence useless :(

Status
Not open for further replies.