Qualification Completed

View attachment 123717

After 6 months of studying, I have completed my Continental B License in coaching. I have immediately requested for the funding to study my Continental A License which was approved.

This is great mate. Coaching badges are a must to get a great team or at least be considered by them.

This is great mate. Coaching badges are a must to get a great team or at least be considered by them.

Cheers buddy. I always make sure I gain as many qualifications as possible, luckily Kaiserslaurten are in a good financial position so the funding isn't an issue.

View attachment 123561

Transfer Budget

View attachment 123560

I am pretty pleased with the budget I have been given, although I don't plan to spend all of it. I will mainly be looking at bringing in players who are out of contract or on loan, I will only be spending if I feel the individual will be a sound investment for the future. We have a total of 13 players leaving at the end of the season due to their contract expiring, but that doesn't mean we will be left short, the first team will stay largely intact.

The majority of the lads we had on loan last season have signed a new deal to extend their stay for another season, with the exception of Lucas Joao, Zsolt Kalmar and Callum McManaman. Also with the loss of our former Captain Alexander Ring, that meant we had quite a few positions to fill.

Shopping List

GK
This is not necessarily a must but I do feel we need to improve in this area if we are to push for promotion current

DM
An absolute must, thanks to the fall out with Ring, I spent the whole of last season rotating two centrebacks in the DM role, which is not ideal.

AMC
This is a role that was predominantly filled by Kalmar and McManaman last term. whilst I do still have decent options, it wouldn't hurt to improve.

ST
I did try to re-sign Joao for another term but Wednesday had increased their demands a little to much for my liking. Przybylko is our only genuine option and he isn't enough of a threat.

View attachment 123559

Gul Signs New Deal

View attachment 123558

Sitting down with Gokhan, I could tell instantly he wanted to extend his stay here at the Fritz-Walter-Stadion. I can tell this lad is going to be a special player for this club and I am delighted he has agreed to stay. I have a lot of respect for the kid and I can tell the feeling is mutual. I was unfortunately unable to extend to deal any further than 3 years and his agent was adamant that an £8m buyout clause must be included, not ideal but I can always renegotiate at a later date.

View attachment 123557

Khedira Signs For 'Red Devils'

View attachment 123556

Rani Khedira - Free

View attachment 123555

Obviously not the ex-Real Madrid and World Cup winning Sami Kehdira, but instead his slightly less talented younger brother Rani Khedira. Rani is still a player with potential, he has already tasted 1.Bundesliga football with Stuttgart and RBL, and was previously part of the RBL side that won promotion from 2.Bundesliga in the 2015-2016 season. He has all of the characteristics I look for in a player and also fills the much needed DM position on my shopping list.

View attachment 123540

New Season Odds

View attachment 123539

So we are 3rd favourites behind the two sides that were relegated from the Bundesliga last season, I think that's fair enough especially considering the talent Bremen have at their disposal. I was surprised considering I am yet to strengthen the side from last season. Maybe our strong showing in the second half of last season has a lot to do with SkyBets promotion odds.

View attachment 123531

Rodriguez Moves to Fritz-Walter-Stadion

View attachment 123530

Francisco Rodriguez - £300k

View attachment 123529

I needed an AMC to push for the first team and ‘cisco fits the bill. Another youngster living in the shadow of an older sibling, this time being the Wolsfburg left wing-back Ricardo Rodriguez . He has a good combination of decent technical abilities, along with good aggression, a high work rate and great natural fitness. He isn’t the most determined player, neither is he the best decision maker, but he is still young and I am hoping he will develop those skills in time. Also it seems to have been a good piece of business financially with his value shooting right up to £1.8m.

Meeting notes - Patrick Ziegler

Attendees:

Patrick Ziegler (PZ)
Bullardinho (B)

B – Hi Pat, please come in. I understand you have some concerns you wish to raise with me?

PZYes boss, I am worried about the strength of our attack for the upcoming season, we have lost Lucas and with Kacper being our only other frontman in the team, where can we expect the goals to come from?

B – Ok, I understand your concerns, but between myself, our DoF and our terrific scouting network, we are looking at our possible options.

PZI get that but the season will be upon us soon and all I keep hearing is rumours that our potential targets are rejecting us for other clubs.

B – Listen, I have the situation under control. You shouldn’t be listening to rumours, I am your manager and I am telling you we have excellent targets in the pipeline and we should be seeing a new forward join us imminently.

PZOk that’s understood. I want to make my position clear though, if we do not sign a forward soon, I may be looking to move on to a club that can match my ambitions!

B – Is that a threat Patrick?.. You have said all you have to say now get back to training.

View attachment 123429

Transfer Update

View attachment 123428

After our previous meeting, I placed Patrick on the transfer list with immediate effect and offered his services to all clubs. I am not going to accept that kind of petulance from any player, let alone one on the fringes of the first team. Luckily 1.Bundesliga side Freiburg come in with an offer matching his value and I think all parties were happy with the deal. Whilst Patrick was correct, we do need another forward and I do have plans to bring one in, I will not allow any of my staff member to offer me an ultimatum.

View attachment 123410

Pre-season Friendlies

View attachment 123408

I am pretty pleased with pre-season friendly results, although I cannot take any credit as I left these four matches down to my assistant. The team are already familiar with our formation, tactics and playing style, I wanted to concentrate on securing new additions to the squad for the new season. We only have 8 days left to go now and with Kacper Przybylko injured during our match against Aachen, we have been left with Osayamen Osawe as our only option up top. Hopefully we will be able to announce a deal for a new No. 9 shortly.

Red Devils Finally Sign Forward

View attachment 123387

Nils Quaschner - £650k

View attachment 123386

After weeks of searching, countless meetings and several unsuccessful negotiations, I can finally announce Nils Quaschner will join us on a permanent deal from RBL. Nils was loaned out to Bochum last season and did well, grabbing 10 league goals, assisting 6 times in the process, although I am hoping he will be more prolific for us this term. He has all of the required attributes to fit into our team and I know he will be a good addition to our attacking options.

View attachment 123385

Three More New Faces

Louis Thompson - Free

View attachment 123384

Hendrik Bonmann - £60k

View attachment 123383

Korbinian Vollman - £1.2m

View attachment 123382

With these three signings finalised, I can’t see us requiring any further additions. I have easily filled the DMC position now with the addition of Khedira and now the young Welsh midfielder Louis Thompson. Although Hendrik Bonmann isn’t necessarily ready for the first team but he is still young and could possibly challenge Andre Weis for the No.1 spot in the future. Lastly Korbinian Vollman comes in to add to our already strong wide attacking options, I feel we may have overpaid a little on this one but options were limited and we needed more depth.

Captain Announcement

View attachment 123381

I was left with a bit of a dilemma over the captaincy after the departure of Alexander Ring. Whilst our team is now full of extremely determined and strong individuals, not many are natural born leaders, that is except for Gokhan Gul. At the premature age of just 19 years old, I feel this season would be too early to heap that kind of pressure on him, so for now he shall be named the Vice-Captain with the aim of promotion next season. Marlon Frey is for now our best candidate, although it isn’t ideal as he is only on loan. He has been with us for the whole of last season and I am hoping that Gul will be ready to step up by the time Frey returns to his parent club.

View attachment 123380

July Results

View attachment 123379

We began our league campaign with a terrific win against Aue. Nils Quaschner had a debut to remember, I’m not sure on the records but his first goal must have to go down as one of the fastest goals scored by a debutant in 2.Bundesliga history. He soon followed up with a second just before the 30’ mark. Nils could of have grabbed a hat-trick on two separate occasions but for the woodwork and a good save from their ‘keeper. Great debut from the lad and a very professional win.

Quaschner grabbed yet another early goal in the win against Sandhausen, continuing his fantastic start for the club. We continued to play well for the remainder of the first half, carving out some decent opportunities. Sandhausen started well after the break, grabbing a goal back 2 minutes after the restart. We didn’t let that affect us though as we pegged them straight back with a well-placed freekick from Zoltan Stieber. From there we saw out the rest of the match with consummate professionalism and the 2nd​ win of the season was ours.

League Table

View attachment 123378

really enjoying this so far, hope you can pull them up to the next division

View attachment 123303

August Results

View attachment 123302

A mixed set of results in August, starting with our cup exit at the hands of Aue. I fielded a rotated side for this game as I wanted to concentrate fully on the league this season, that being said it wasn't a bad performance.

The 1-0 win to Heidenheim was another one of those results I find particularly satisfying. After we controlled large parts of the first half, Nils grabbed his fourth goal of the season just before the half time whistle. From then on it was about making sure we kept our composure and didn't give them the opportunity to get back into the game. Such was our domination, Heidenheim didn't manage a shot on target all game.

Our game against Augsburg should have been our first real test for the season, I was hoping it would be a good measure on how realistic the prospect of promotion could be for us. Unfortunately it turns out right back Philipp Mwene had other ideas, 3 minutes into the game he got sent off for a reckless challenge, I am all for full blooded tackles but this was ridiculous. From that moment we was up against it and we never really had any chance of taking anything from the game.

The victory at Braunschweig was a decent one, it was good to get back to winning ways after our last outing. Whilst there was several positives, the game was overshadowed by the sending off of Rani Khedira. It would be fair to say that my instructions are to cause for our recent disciplinary record, but the players themselves need to start taking some responsibility for their actions. Rani now has 4 yellow cards and 1 red in 5 matches. He will be fined and sent to the reserves for a couple of games.

League Table

View attachment 123285