View attachment 123133

September

Results

View attachment 123132
A fantastic unbeaten month in September, scoring 11 goals in 4 games without our man of the moment Nils Quaschner, who was ruled out for four weeks with a training injury. I was proud of each performance but the best result for me has to be the derby win against Karlsruhe. We was 2-0 down at half time and the team was performing way below par, I flipped in that dressing room, giving them the grilling of a life time. Needless to say they come out in the second half with a point to prove and with that the rest was history.

League Table

View attachment 123131
A gap is opening up already at the top and I definitely did not expect us to start our league campaign so well. With Bremen clearly way off the boil, I think my main competition will obviously be Hamburg St.Pauli and Augsburg, both of whom I believe we can beat on our day. I we can hod onto our position through to the New Year, I strongly believe promotion is a real possibility.

October Fixtures

View attachment 123130
I think the league table may be misleading at this point of the season, there is no doubting that all four of these fixtures will be difficult. My minimum expectations are 7 points, if we exceed that I will be happy.

Great stat to the season and fingers crossed you can keep the form and momentum going. Then again I'm sure with your high standards you won't settle for anything else!

Great stat to the season and fingers crossed you can keep the form and momentum going. Then again I'm sure with your high standards you won't settle for anything else!

Thanks mate. It’s not been a bad start to the season but this league is a strange one. Bremen and Augsburg are by far the best teams in the league, especially with Augsburg have Villas-Boas as manager now, yet both are under performing so far. I have faith in the team but our current disciplinary record and injuries may have a huge part to play.

Last edited:
View attachment 122898

October Results

View attachment 122899

Not quite the minimum 7 points I had set out to achieve prior to start of October. Our squad has been severely hampered by niggling injuries throughout the month, Quaschner suffering 2 separate injuries, Przybylko out for 2 weeks, Dittgen 3 weeks and Kerk 2 weeks. To top it all off I received the news that one of our best players so far this season Daniel Halfar will now be out for 3 months.

Our disciplinary record hasn’t been much better, Reni Khedira was missing for most of the month after receiving a one match suspension for receiving his 5th​ yellow of the season against Dusseldorf, to then receive another red against Bielfield. A meeting will be held shortly and his place in the squad is at risk. Gokhan Gul and Phillip Mwene also received one match bans for receiving their 5th​ yellow card.

Anyway, back to the results. Based on statistics, we should have won all four games this month, unfortunately the only statistic we didn’t come out on top of for the first 3 matches was the most important one. We managed an impressive shot total of 27 against Bremen, together with a not so impressive 6 on target, evidently we had to play a full 90 minutes without a recognised forward.

Surprisingly our squad was at its most depleted against Bielefeld, with our back-up LB playing on the right, our 4th choice CB playing CDM and MoM Nils Quaschner starting the game at 87% fitness. We still dominated the game and I was relieved we finally picked up 3 points in October.

League Table

View attachment 122885

Luckily the majority of our rivals have also been slipping up in October, with the exception of Augsburg who appear to have stepped it up a gear and are now pushing us for the second automatic promotion spot.

November Fixtures

View attachment 122884

Next month is going to be a difficult one, with Dresden and Nurnberg being two of the most inform teams in the league. I believe we should be taking the full 9 points, however as of yet we have never managed to get more then two wins in succession.

Meeting Notes - Rani Khedira

Attendees:

Rani Khedira (RK)
Bullardinho (B)

RK – Hi Boss, you wanted to speak with me?

B – Yes Rani, sit down. Right, I think you know why I have called you in. Your disciplinary record since you joined the club has been shocking, I want to know what we are going to do about it.

RK – I am just following your instructions boss. You tell me to chase, to go in hard on tackles, to make a nuisance of myself. That is what I am doing, the cards are a consequence.

B – That is bullshit Rani and you know it. How comes other lads who play in that holding role, with exactly the same instructions I might add, seem to be able to do the job just as effectively but without the ****** record you seem to pick up.

RK – I do not know what to say. Maybe if you want to continue playing me you will need to change your tactics. Maybe I need a different role in the team.

B – Maybe I need someone who can follow instructions? Maybe I need to find someone who is capable of playing the role of a defensive midfielder without putting the teams performances in jeopardy. Maybe I need a player with a little more between his ears.

RK – I don’t know what you want from me, I am doing what you tell me. I cannot help that this style of play gets disciplined.

B – Look Rani, you are a good player, one of our best, but you need to sort this out. Use your brain, tackling hard doesn’t mean a two footed challenge to the guys ankle, as much as I might enjoy that. I want you to be physical, but do so in an intelligent manner. I can’t keep playing you all the time you are picking up cards like a trainee magician. I’ve got to give you a rest from the first team for a few games, train hard, work with our coaching staff, play a couple with the reserves, if you don’t pick up any cards then I will bring you back into the fold in December.

RK – Ok boss, I hope you keep your word if I follow your wishes. May I ask what will happen if I do what you ask, I come back to the team, but this style of play continues to get me cautioned?

B – We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Last edited:
Get him told! It would be great if you could actually tell players they were full of ****! Hopefully he will learn his lesson and curb the needless cards (especially the reds)

Get him told! It would be great if you could actually tell players they were full of ****! Hopefully he will learn his lesson and curb the needless cards (especially the reds)

It would be great ay! The in-game conversation went a little like that, I was paraphrasing! Well the next update is coming up and I can confirm that Mr Khedira did indeed make a comeback to the first team.

View attachment 122695

November Results

View attachment 122693
Now maybe this is just me, or maybe this is a coincidence (I’m sure it is probably the latter), but ever since the Beta was updated, I just seem to have injury after injury. November saw Quaschner (again), Mwene, Dittgen (again) and Maitland-Niles all suffer more injuries, whilst Christoph Moritz has once again been subjected to another long-term absence, approx. 5-6 months (AGAIN!).

Despite our luck, the squad seemed determined not to let that break us. Our match with Wurzburg was a difficult one, with key players either suspended, injured or banished to the reserves, our squad was depleted to say the least. When we went in 2-0 down at half time, I didn’t hold much hope. After a few choice words and a couple of changes, the team were re-energised and brought the game back level with two very well taken goals, we pushed for the third but it wasn’t to be.

Going into both games, Dresden and Nurnberg were the two most in-form teams in the league. In truth we didn’t ‘dominate’ either match, we were of course the better side, creating more opportunities and having the better possession, but the deciding factor in each game was two players that put in an inspired performance. Kerk against Dresden and Przybylko at Nurnberg were outstanding, picking up MoM awards for their efforts and lifting to team back to the top of the league.

League Table

View attachment 122690
We are back to the top of the league for the time being, if we can hold this position going into the winter break then I will be over the moon with our first half of the campaign.

December Fixtures

View attachment 122687
On paper our next match against St.Pauli would seem like the most difficult of our games in December, although such is the strange nature of this league, 19th​ place Paderborn are in better form then 3rd​ place Augsburg. With the squad being so depleted and the winter break just round the corner, I am just hoping we can get through December without losing top spot.

7 points is a good return from those 3 games. Strange how you and St Pauli have had an almost identical record in terms of wins, draws and loses (all but one of your league tables show same results) but that should change when you meet them in December. Fingers crossed you manage to remain unbeaten and maybe open up a point of 3 gap at the top before you can strengthen in Jan.

7 points is a good return from those 3 games. Strange how you and St Pauli have had an almost identical record in terms of wins, draws and loses (all but one of your league tables show same results) but that should change when you meet them in December. Fingers crossed you manage to remain unbeaten and maybe open up a point of 3 gap at the top before you can strengthen in Jan.

Not a bad string of results at all, especially considering the state of the squad at the moment. I can’t wait for the January window. Well I have played through December and the league table is about to get even closer, I have never seen anything like it.

Contact Extension

View attachment 122673

After taking the club from relegation candidates to league title contenders in just over a year, the board decided to offer me a new contract. I have signed a two year extension but in all honesty I could possibly be looking to move on if we do not gain promotion this season.

View attachment 122654

December Results

View attachment 122653
December was a difficult month, I feel like the winter break is much needed, there is only so far a team can go on determination and guts. We kicked off the month with a draw against fellow title rivals Hamburg St.Pauli, whose form was almost identical to ours prior to kick off and the score-line represented just how even both sides are this season. Sebastian Kerk was once again instrumental as he grabbed yet another brace, it was a shame both of his efforts were cancelled out by poor defensive decisions.

I am not quite sure how we lost to Aue, my only guess would be once again the lack of a recognised forward in the starting 11. In total we managed 17 shots, only 4 on target, we had 57% possession and yet Aue still created the best opportunities from their 4 attempts on goal. We only seem to wake up after their second went in on the 67th​ minute, but by that time it was too late and even with Frey’s 83rd​ minute strike, we just didn’t have enough left In us to get the equaliser.

We was lucky to gain anything from Saundhausen. Nils Quaschners extra time equaliser was enough to save our blushes but in truth we didn’t deserve it. Our squad is weak now and I will definitely need to try and bring in some fresh faces this window, only problem being we have nothing left in the budget. Despite Nils superb start to the campaign, he has struggled with injuries, as have all of our forwards.

December League

View attachment 122652
I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before. Thanks to our poor results in December, we now find ourselves equal on points with 3 other teams, all of which with exactly the same record. I have been saying this league is tight but this is incredible. I think the business clubs do over the winter could be vital and as Augsburg have by far the biggest budget, they have to be favourites at this stage.

View attachment 122521

One In, One Out

IN

View attachment 122522

Joel Pohjanpalo – Loan

View attachment 122523
Joel has a point to prove and I like that. So far his career goal scoring record has not been very flattering, but he has the ability to be a very good forward, especially at this level. I feel that between him and Nils, we have more than enough fire power to secure promotion.

OUT

View attachment 122520

Kacper Przybylko

Despite having a lot of the key attributes I look for in a player, he just wasn’t clinical enough in attack. His goal record has been OK since I joined but his average ratings have been below par and shot conversion rate is atrocious. I felt at this point we would benefit greater from the funds, I just hope I won’t live to regret selling Kacper to one of our divisional rivals.

Could be a very good piece of business. Pohjanpalo looks to have decent stats, especially for this level so should get you a few goals.

Fingers crossed he fires you to promotion. Especially after that weird and wacky December! You weren't kidding when you said it is tight at the top!

View attachment 122519

Two More Loan Deals

Pablo Mari - Man City
Loan

View attachment 122518

View attachment 122517

Laszlo Benes - Borussia Mönchengladbach
Loan

View attachment 122516

View attachment 122515

Two more come in as I look to improve the spine of the team. With the long term injury to Chris Moritz and a downturn in the form of Stipe Vucur, competition was desperately needed. Both Laszlo Benes and Pablo Mari add a great deal to the squad and in most cases would fit straight in to any team in our league. Laszlo will give us that little bit if extra flair, with great passing, technique and vision. Pablo is a very intelligent defender for his age and displays some great attributes, only things that concern me are his agility and balance.

Could be a very good piece of business. Pohjanpalo looks to have decent stats, especially for this level so should get you a few goals.

Fingers crossed he fires you to promotion. Especially after that weird and wacky December! You weren't kidding when you said it is tight at the top!

Thanks, I like the business we have done this window, although I think those 3 will be it for now. I almost brought Neil Taylor in from Swansea for £1.2m but the deal fell through. I think we definitely have a stronger squad for the second half of the season.

I know, it was an awful month and this league is incredibly tight. I think Augsburg will win this now, obviously I am still aiming to win the league but I will settle for the 2nd automatic spot.

View attachment 122497

January Update

View attachment 122496

After completing our transfer business early in the window, it gave the new signings some time to work with the squad before we picked back up with our first competitive fixture against Heidenheim.
The training camp went well and for the most part the squad was at full fitness for our first friendly against Lech. This was a decent run out and I was particularly pleased with new signing Pohjanpalo, who come on for the last 15 mins and bagged two goals in the space of 8 minutes.
I went with a similar line-up and the same tactics for the next friendly against Teplice and the performance was atrocious, I do not understand how there can be such a contrast in a team’s performance. I have noticed that we unable to deal with a simple 4-4-2 formation, something I am going to need to take note of for the future.

So our first league fixture back after the break was disappointing scoreless draw with Heidenheim and unfortunately meant we dropped points against our rivals, all of whom won their respective fixture, sending us down to 4th​ place. We provided decent penetration but neither forward was able to capitalise, I think some shooting practice may be in order. Our defence performed well but I feel there is still something missing that I can’t put my finger on.

Next up will be a must win fixture against league leaders Augsberg. Had we have faced them a few months ago I would have felt confident of taking 3 points, however they are in great form of late and our performances in the league have not been up to scratch recently.

View attachment 122396

February Results

View attachment 122395

I am over the moon with our performances and results in February, every individual has really raised their game and with the additions made in the window, we are really starting to look like a side worthy of winning the league.

We kicked off our unbeaten month with a deserved 1-0 win against promotion rivals Augsberg. We had much of the possession and really controlled the tempo of the game for the full 90 minutes. Even though we scored the only goal of the game early on, the result never looked in any doubt. I was delighted when Joel Pohjanpalo grabbed his first league goal for the club, his impact was much needed and I feel could have been the catalyst for our upturn in form.

Our next game saw us take on another promotion hopeful in Braunschweig, not that you would have guessed if you was a spectator, we absolutely demolished them in what had to be one of our easiest games of the season. Joel Pohjanpalo was again in great form, scoring a brace and generally being a menace for the oppositions defence. What was most pleasing is the way we managed to nullify Braunshweig’s attack, allowing them just 3 shots, only 1 of which was on target.

Duisburg have spent virtually the whole season in 18th place, often going 4 or 5 matches without picking up a single point, so we could be forgiven for thinking we would win this game without to many issues. Well as it turns out that’s exactly what happened. Duisburg offered virtually no threat going forward and for large parts of the game were merely spectators. Sebastien Kerk had the game wrapped up within 20 mins and from then on we treated the game as a bit of a training exercise. I used all 3 substitutions at half time just to give the likes of Vollmann, Rodriguez and more importantly Quaschner some needed game time.

Going into our match against Gruether Furth we were clear at the top of the league by two points, we were in good form and confidence was flowing. Yet again the game was under our control for the duration and every player on that pitch was playing with an assurance and swagger about them. After grabbing another two goals, taking his tally to five in four, Joel has become a bit of a fans favourite at the Fritz-Walter Stadion, with our fans singing “Poooohjan-Goal-o” come the final whistle. Our defence was also on top form again, now making that 5 clean sheets in a row, a Kaiserslautern club record.

What better way to finish of a perfect month then with a derby day against Karlsruhe and another media slagging-match with Tomas Oral. After a couple of jabs were thrown my way by-way of a press interview, I firmly put him in his place, stating that there was no way his side would come out on top as both myself and my squad were far superior in every way. After that it was up to my team to back up my strong words with a performance, luckily for me they did exactly that, Joel was once again superb and I couldn’t fault our defence, a freak own goal from Kehrer being the only way they could breach us.

League Table

View attachment 122394
With 9 match weeks to go we are 4 points ahead of 2nd​ place Augsburg and 6 points off 3rd​ and 4th​ place St Pauli and Braunschweig respectively. We are now unbeaten in 7 and confidence is flowing through the entire club. The possibility of promotion back into the Bundesliga for the first time in 6 years is now becoming a real possibility, if we could do so by winning the league, that would be incredible.

What a month! 5 wins, 10 goals and only 1 conceded. The stuff of champions?

What a month! 5 wins, 10 goals and only 1 conceded. The stuff of champions?

It was an awesome month, never expected it to be honest, the team seem inspired. I would love to say it was the form of champions but it seems to have come to an abrupt end.