View attachment 122263

March Results

View attachment 122259
Well the month of March didn't really go to plan, a complete contrast to our 100% record in February. We started well when facing Paderborn, this was another match where the stats were all in our favour. Although there was a sign of things to come when we struggled to take our chances, luckily Halfar managed to get the all important goal that was needed to take the 3 points.

All three matches against Bochum, Dusseldorf and Bremen had very much the same feel about it, we lacked end product. Time and time again we would break down their attack, pass the ball well until we got to the final third, then we lost the ball, they countered and scored. Goalkeeper Andre Weis was awful for some reason, finishing the match to Dusseldorf with a rating of 5.8. Also our two best players of late Pohjanpalo and Kerk were also very poor, the latter finishing the month with and average rating of 6.5.

League Table

View attachment 122244
Luckily for us our rivals have also continued to drop points, that is except for Braunschwieg who are now hot on our tails. This title race is really hotting up now and I am sure there will be another twist before the final curtain.

Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 122242
We have some difficult fixtures in our final 5 matches, including Nurnberg and St.Pauli, both of whom are still harboring hopes of promotion.

The plus side is that you are still top and 3 clear of 3rd place. Hopefully you can get 3 wins minimum (surely that would be enough to secure promotion) but we all know with being so close you want the title!

View attachment 122104

April Results

View attachment 122103
Following our poor run of results in March, we really turned things round in April and showed we are going to fight for the title until the very end. The pick of the three matches was clearly the absolute annihilation of Bielefeld. After going two up, we found ourselves level at 2-2 on the 70 minute mark, what happened next was utterly incredible. We were always the better side, creating some great chances, but I never expected us to get 5 goals in 11 minutes, including an sensational hattrick of goals from Pohjanpalo in just 5 minutes. Best 10 minutes of football I have ever seen.

League Table

View attachment 122102
With just two games to go it really is still all the play for, we could either win the league or worst case have to settle for a play-off place. At this stage, anything other then being crowned champions would be failure in my eyes.

Who's playing who?

Kaiserslaurten

View attachment 122098

Braunschweig

View attachment 122097

Augsberg

View attachment 122096

View attachment 122091

Nurnberg vs Kaiserslaurten

View attachment 122089
Another top draw performance from the lads, with that result we have given ourselves every chance of winning the league going into our final fixture. I cannot fault anyone's performance, everyone was in inspiring form and this group deserve the plaudits, I hope for their sake we can get across the line. This win didn't just put us in pole position for the title, let's look at how the others did..

Results Elsewhere

View attachment 122085

League Table

View attachment 122084
With Braunschwieg dropping points. that meant we were definitely promoted to 1.Bundesliga!! Even better, we only need a draw from our final fixture to lift the league trophy. Whilst a great deal of pressure is off, I still expect us to be parading on the pitch as champions come the final whistle.

View attachment 122082

View attachment 122059

End of Season

Awards

View attachment 122054

Season Review

View attachment 122053

Next Season Budget

View attachment 122052
With several of our key performers going back to their parent clubs at the end of their loan deals and a couple of others demanding a move to a bigger club, the board really aren't doing us any favours with this budget. I am going to have to pull off some of the transfer deals of the century to get this squad up to the standard where we can compete with the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

Congrats mate, well deserved!that 7-2 result was something else! Any plans to try and get some of the loan boys back?

Congrats mate, well deserved!that 7-2 result was something else! Any plans to try and get some of the loan boys back?

Cheers mate, really buzzing about winning this title, I think it's because we actually had to work for it. It really was, never seen a 10 minutes like it in my life, every attack was a goal.

I am hoping a few will be joining us for another season. I am negotiating extensions with Thilo Kehrer, Nico Schulz and more importantly Joel Pohjanpalo at the moment. Unfortunately Freiburg want Sebastien Kerk back at the club for the first team. I do have some great deals lined up though!

View attachment 121371

Personal Update

View attachment 121369

View attachment 121368

All the time the club are willing to aid my development, I want to gain as many coaching qualifications as possible. As soon as I have received my Continental A License, I requested further funding for the Continental Pro License coaching course, which the board happily accepted once again.

Club Updates

View attachment 121367

View attachment 121366

View attachment 121365

Despite the pitiful transfer budget the Board have given me for the new season, we are now considered a ‘Rich’ club. Having a look at the clubs current facilities, we seem to have let our Youth department slip a little, as such I decided to ask the Board of Directors to part with the clubs cash and make improvements. I think it would be the least they could do considering they expect me to look to our youngsters rather than buying from elsewhere. So far we haven’t had anyone of note come through our ranks, hopefully these changes will see some improvement.

View attachment 121352

Subotic Joins 'Die roten Teufel'

View attachment 121351

Neven Subotic - Free

View attachment 121350
I decided to take a risk on Borussia Dortmund’s Neven Subotic as there was no fee involved and he was willing to take a pay cut with us negotiating a contract at £27k a week. Neven was once considered one of the best central defenders in Europe alongside Mats Hummels, however injuries have been a constant plague on his career over recent seasons and Dortmund decided enough was enough. His stats don’t look like much anymore, but I am sure if we can get him back to fitness and he gets a little game time, he will be a superb addition to our backline. Oh wait, I have just received news that he got injured during the first day of training and will be out for 8-10 weeks.. Bollocks!

Good signing with Subotic. Should be a rock at the back depending on injuries. Great story. I'm following.

Good signing with Subotic. Should be a rock at the back depending on injuries. Great story. I'm following.

Yeah that was my feeling until I received news of his injury, fingers crossed he will get some game time. Thanks for the follow mate.

Subotic still has "decent" stats but the problem will be keeping him fit. Could be a very good defender but you don't want to be shelling out £27k p/w on a guy who is never out the treatment room. Fingers crossed the youth production will gradually start to improve and nice to see the board backing you with your facility and qualification requests.

View attachment 121348

Kaiserslaurtern Confirm Three Signings

Juan Pablo Carrizo - Free

View attachment 121345
A new Goalkeeper was high on my priority list for this window and Juan Pablo Carrizo will certainly stake a claim for a first team place. Juan has been plying his trade in Italy for the past 10 years for Catania Lazio and most recently Inter, however he has spent the best part of that decade being someone’s understudy. He has however picked up a credible 17 caps for Argentina and I believe this could be his time to shine, I will be placing my faith in him and I hope he repays me with some decent performances.

Fabian Benko - Free

View attachment 121344
Fabian is not really my kind of player, however my scouts seem to be very keen on the lad. With glowing reports and a ‘Must sign’ summary, I decided to sign the 20yr old from Bayern Munich II on a free transfer. I did think to myself, if he really had much potential, why would Bayern let him go? then I received news that he was injured for 5-6 months shortly after joining the club. Turns out the one thing they omitted to include in their report was that he is extremely injury prone. Hopefully he will one day fulfil his potential, but for now he will keep our medical team busy.

Mario Colic - £3,500,000 (£1,200,000 upfront)

View attachment 121343
I have been tracking Mario Colic since the beginning of last season and from what I have seen, this kid has the potential to be a very good left back. He is very good with the ball, he is brave, determined and he finished top of Hadjuk Spilt’s assist charts last season as well. With Nico Schulz back for another year on loan, I am very happy with our options at LB this season.

Subotic still has "decent" stats but the problem will be keeping him fit. Could be a very good defender but you don't want to be shelling out £27k p/w on a guy who is never out the treatment room. Fingers crossed the youth production will gradually start to improve and nice to see the board backing you with your facility and qualification requests.

Yeah I would only describe his stats as decent at this point. I think if we can get him some more game time his stats will definitely improve. I am hoping his experience will be invaluable for any youngsters we may have join the club as well. It is good they are backing me, although the swines wouldn't increase the transfer budget.

View attachment 121298

Vucur Moves to Fiorentina

View attachment 121297

Despite being a fans favourite and a ‘key player’ in our squad, Stipe Vucur demanded a transfer request away from the club and with a Minimum Fee Release Clause of £8m, we were powerless to resist. To be honest I am not too cut up about this one as I always felt like a lot of the praise he received was unjustified, I would much rather have the money to re-invest back into the team.

View attachment 121282

More Transfer Activity

OUT

Chritoph Moritz - West Brom - £3,200,000

Despite being originally touted as one of our key players, Chris has continued to miss almost every game since I joined the club after two long term injuries. I couldn't rely on his fitness anymore and despite still being valued at £5m, I was happy to receive as much as we did for a player that is just to much of a risk. It's a shame his time at the club had to end this way but I hope he can turn things around and be a good player for West Brom.

Hendrik Bonmann - Osnabruck - Loan

With the introduction of Juan Pablo Carrizo, Hendrik has been pushed down the pecking order even further. After almost no development in the past 12 months, I very much doubt he would ever have the quality to push for a first team place. Luckily he only cost £60k and at his current market value, we could possibly looking at a decent profile should we decide to sell.

IN

MIke van der Hoorn - Swansea - £625,000

View attachment 121281
Mickey actually has some decent stats and could be a decent option for cover should Neven Subotic not be available. He meets a lot of the characteristics I look for in a player and I feel will be a good addition to the squad.

Pascal Itter - Paderborn - £425,000 (£500,000)

View attachment 121274
Pascal is another player that fits my criteria, his work rate, determination, aggression and bravery are almost second to none, it's just a shame he isn't the strongest of lads. His attributes overall could do with some improvement but he is only 23 years old and with regular Bundesliga football, I am sure he will only get better.

Marlon Frey - Free Transfer

View attachment 121273
Marlon now enters his third season as a Kaiserslaurtern player, although this time it will be as a fully-fledged ‘Red Devil’ player. After the expiration of his contract with Leverkusen, Marlon got in contact with me and asked if I would consider signing him on a permanent deal, it was a no-brainer really. Marlon has been a dependable player in the absence of Christoph Moritz in the past two seasons and was a good club captain over the past year. Unfortunately I was unable to offer him the armband again for this season as it had already been given to Gokhan Gul as planned.

View attachment 121266

Kaiserslaurtern Sign Newcastle Forward

View attachment 121265

Aleksander Mitrovic - £2,300,000 (£2,500,000)

View attachment 121263
I am delighted to welcome Aleksander Mitrovic to the Fritz-Walter-Stadion. I have been planning this one for some time now but on several occasions the deal almost didn’t materialise for one reason or another. Alek is exactly my kind of forward and I will be looking for him to lead our line with his strength, aggression and menacing style of play. Our strength in depth in the forward position is now very good and this will enable me to give him the full reigns, I will not restrict his style of play in any way, I want him to go out there and do what he does best, if it results in cards then so be it, Pohjanpalo and Quaschner are more than capable of stepping up when needed.

Some good deals there for you. Mitro should be good and fit in well with your team ethos. Any reason behind Newcastle letting him go? Did they not get promoted or have they gone up and see him as surplus to requirements? Seems a bit of a bargain at only £2.3m