View attachment 118562

April Results

View attachment 118561
April was another difficult month, with injuries, suspensions and more absolutely shambolic defensive displays. We actually started the month off really well, a talk with the lads before the game against RBL seemed to lift spirits a little and that showed in both the performance and the result. We took an early lead and carried that into the second half, Pohjan wasn’t look at his sharpest so on come Mitro. After a large period of time with the game in the balance, the introduction of Mitrovic changed the dynamic of our play, suddenly we were the much better side and within the space of two minutes he had scored and assisted Shinji’s goal. The one negative being we conceded late on again which was disappointing.

Our trip to Wolfsburg was a bit of a kick in the teeth. We battled well and carved out some good opportunities but the finishing from both Pohjan and Mitro was poor, both looked like they needed more game time and were mostly ineffectual. The match went from bad to worse, first of all when Shinji Kagawa was stretchered off in the first half, a poorly timed tackle which has ruled him out for up to 5 weeks. Then Rani Khedira was given a straight red for a meaty challenge just before the final whistle. He has now accumulated 18 yellow cards and 1 red this season, more than anyone else in the league.

The game against Stuttgart was almost a carbon copy of last month’s nightmare at Koln, except this time we didn’t even take home a point. We conceded early, however this time we managed to pull one back before half time which made the team talk a little easier. We conceded once again shortly after the break, at this point I was on the verge of a break down, our defending is so poor at times. Mitro was introduced and again changed the shape of the game, he took his first chance and with that a glimmer of hope was ignited. Up steps Juan Pablo Carrizo, yet another shocking goalkeeper error in the dying seconds of the game meant we dropped another valuable point on the road. I am losing my patience now, I think my time at Kaiserslaurten is coming to an end.

We were 3 points above Freiburg going into this one with a better goal difference so the most important thing was that they didn’t close that gap with the a win, we did that at least. Daniel Halfar was stretchered off in the first 10 minutes, a 7 week layoff means it’s the end to his season. We took the lead through a sublime move, finished off with a tap in by Pohjan. As usual we probably should have won based on the match stats, but we just didn’t have enough to see the game out and we let in another late goal to drop more points.

I decided that as this would be my only chance of silverware this season and possibly my last chance at Kaiserslaurten, we would go all out at Leverkusen, what did we really have to lose? I can’t fault our effort, we played with a Leicester style counter attack, as opposed to our usual possession based football, this showed as we recorded our lowest possession stat all season at just 42%, but we created twice as many chances. We hit them on the break time and time again but Leno was on top form, pulling off some incredible saves. Our cup run was brought to an end, leaving us with four more league games to salvage our season.

League Table

View attachment 118560

May Fixtures

View attachment 118559
So this will be our final four fixtures of the season, with both Hannover and BMG being around us, a win is going to be vital, as I can't see us picking up many points against either Leverkusen or Dortmund. At this point I just want to avoid being sacked, complete my coaching qualification and move on.

You've been very unlucky lately on the injury front and would have been interesting to see where you'd have ended up without the spate of injuries you suffered.

I'm sure you can finish the season strong, and avoid the sack easily.

Will you be applying elsewhere in the summer or just see what happens?

You've been very unlucky lately on the injury front and would have been interesting to see where you'd have ended up without the spate of injuries you suffered.

I'm sure you can finish the season strong, and avoid the sack easily.

Will you be applying elsewhere in the summer or just see what happens?

We have been unlucky but if I am honest I think the relationship between myself and the squad has broken down which doesn't help.

My plan is to get this season over and see what the future holds.

View attachment 118146

May

Results

View attachment 118147
We actually had a disgraceful month, conceding 11 goals in just 4 matches, 3 of which we couldn't even find the net. Were it not for the impressive 5 goals we scored against Hannover to secure our only points then it really would have been a disastrous month. I am not going to comment too much more on the results as I am too angry and to be honest I feel like my time at the club is over, my heart isn't in it anymore.

League Table

View attachment 118148
So we managed to survive and for that I am thankful. It come down to just 3 points in the end, making the win at Hannover all the more important.

End Of Season

Awards

View attachment 118143

Player Stats

View attachment 118139

Season Review

View attachment 118142

Qualification

View attachment 118141

Last edited:
View attachment 118069

Resignation

View attachment 118070

After the way things turned in the second half of the season, I think its fair to say my time at Kaiserslaurten was coming to an end. To be honest I think it was the interviews with Southampton and Everton that turned my attention away, I was never fully invested in the end.

Kaiserslaurten Record

View attachment 118071
My record overall wasn't to bad in the end, although my win rate was up in the high 60's before the start of the season. All in all I can leave Kaiserslaurten relatively happy, I would have preferred a better ending but it's time to look to the future now and build on my career.

View attachment 118030

Aston Villa Interview

View attachment 118029
After taking a couple of days to think, I assessed the current vacancies and in truth there wasn't much on the table. I was offered the opportunity to speak with the Villa chairman and I agreed to sit down with him. They finished in 16th place last season, their first campaign back in the Premier League. They still had a lot of over-paid deadwood in the squad and an overhaul would definitely be needed. After speaking to Mr Xia Tony, I felt like this would be a good move for me and with that we shook hands and I agreed a move to Villa Park.

View attachment 118028

View attachment 1088947

Major Overhaul at Villa Park

After meeting with the Chairman, the staff and the players, it was very apparent to me that this club needed completely stripping back and I was basically going to need to start again. I was given an initial £24m budget but there were several players I wanted to show the door. First thing first, I wanted to strip the squad down to the bare bones, once I knew what positions I needed to strengthen and what my budget would be, then I could get to work on rebuilding the team.

Players Sold

View attachment 118024
The first wave of players have now left the club, bringing in a decent amount of money for the budget. Jedinak, Gestede and Richards leaving on a free transfer has also freed up a large amount on wages, with each earning approx £50k a week each.

Transfer Budget

View attachment 118023

Transfer Wishlist

Goalkeeper (Backup)
Left Back
Centre Back
Right Back + Back-up
Central Midfielder
Attacking Midfielder
Forward

Good luck with Aston Villa, hope too see some quality signings!

Good luck with this one mate, think leaving Germany was the right choice. But suppose time will tell.

Are you still progressing with operation destroy Everton? or have the got rid of the muppet McClaren

View attachment 1089224

Villains Revolving Door

With a decent transfer/wage budget and virtually an entire squad to replace, it is fair to say I had a fair amount of work to do this summer as I look to rebuild this Aston Villa team from scratch. Despite laying out my potential wish list of positions to fill, it has become clear that I will also need to strengthen other areas of the side, basically meaning that I need to find at least 11 new players of a good standard for the Premier League in around 60 days. Let the games begin..

Transfers IN

Felix Passlack – Loan (£145k)

View attachment 117780
I wanted to sign Felix on a permanent deal, but we had to settle for a loan deal for now. I have agreed an Optional Future Fee of £13m which I hope to activate at some point. Felix is my kind of player with his high work rate, his bravery and determination. He will be a superb addition to our team and I am delighted to make him my first signing at Villa Park.

Chuba Akpom – Free

View attachment 117778
Akpom has been brought in as a rotational option on both the wing and up top, he will certainly not be my first choice but should serve as a good back up. There is very little risk to this deal as his value is already at £11.75m, meaning there is profit to be made. He does have some blistering pace and could be a good option to bring on late in a game.

Freddie Woodman – Free

View attachment 117779
As a Newcastle fan at heart, I am very happy to welcome Freddie to Villa Park, albeit as a backup option. He is actually developing into a good young ‘keeper and I would be more than willing to give him a chance to impress should the opportunity arise.

Max Kruse – Free

View attachment 117571
Max will be another rotational option for our attack. His wage is a little high for a backup player but he is a very versatile player who brings with him a wealth of experience and at the age of 31 is still in very good physical fitness.

Hugo Queiros - £12,500,000
(Rising to £14,750,000)

View attachment 117777
This lad could be something special, he is only 19 but he has a very good work ethic, some decent technical ability and physical attributes. He is equally adept at both right back and in the centre of midfield so he will be able to provide cover when needed. I think Hugo will be one to watch this season and I will be keeping close tabs on his development for sure. Villains Revolving Door

More transfers coming shortly..

Last edited:
Good luck with Aston Villa, hope too see some quality signings!

Cheers mate. I have confirmed come great signings with a few risky ones as well.

Good luck with this one mate, think leaving Germany was the right choice. But suppose time will tell.

Are you still progressing with operation destroy Everton? or have the got rid of the muppet McClaren

Cheers buddy. I think leaving Kaiserslaurtern was defo the right choice in the end, I would welcome a move back to Germany one day though.

Yes I definitely will be, the **** is still there and annoyingly they have an immense squad. I tried to sign both Barkley and Deulofeu but neither player was interested in signing. I think we are too small a club at the moment, I am playing the long game, they may win a few battles, but I will win the war.

View attachment 1089234
More Arrivals

Evander - £10,250,000

View attachment 117771
This Brazilian attacking midfielder signed from Vasco is a very exciting prospect, primarily signed as a central attacking midfielder, Evander is equally as capable of playing on either wing and even in central midfield if needed. He has fantastic all-round stats and I firmly believe he is going to be a terrific addition to our squad.

Ludwig Augustinsson - £6,500,000

View attachment 117770
Transfer listed at Roma, Ludwig is a bargain at £6.5m. He was my second choice target but Leverkusen were unwilling to negotiate a reasonable deal for Wendell. Ludwig is another player with great all-round stats and together with Passlack on the right hand side, will provide plenty going forward in the wide areas.

Leigh Griffiths - £4,900,000 (Rising to £5,500,000)

View attachment 117769
I have been an admirer of Griffiths for some time, his work rate and determination is something I have always appreciated. He clearly has an eye for goal and although his time in England was pretty forgettable, I am hoping he has grown as a player and can continue his goal scoring exploits from Scotland. Although it may be a risk, I will be entrusting Leigh with our no.9 shirt, he has all the attributes to be a great forward in this league, I just hope my faith is repaid.

Harry Maguire - £10,000,000

View attachment 117768
Harry is a very good young English defender, he has good mental and defensive attribute and is very strong in the air. He fits my criteria for a centre back, although I could have done with him having a little more aggression, I am finding that players with a real burning aggression are harder to come by these days. He also will be a good addition to our already strong English contingency with Tommy Elphick, Andre Green, Easah Suliman, Jack Grealish and Freddy Woodman all a part of the first team.

View attachment 1089248

Three More Sign

Marcelo Meli - £6,500,000 (Rising to £7,250,000)

View attachment 117757

Marcelo is an all-round midfield menace, he is my embodiment of a perfect midfielder, a warrior with energy to burn. He barely has any poor attributes and will be the man who will balance our team with the likes of Passlack and Augustinsson bombing forward. I like to think of a Meli as a poor man’s Mascherano, but I think Marcelo is more of a well-rounded midfielder.

Patrick Lucas - £3,300,000 (Rising to £4,400,000)

View attachment 117756
I have been tracking Patrick since my time at Kaiserslaurtern and I am very happy to have finally brought the young Dutch target man in to my team. He is showing some incredible signs for a lad of just 19 and could be a bargain if he manages to fulfil his potential. There are a few arears of improvement needed but he is already a viable option should we need to change our style of play.

Wendell - £8,250,000

View attachment 117755
This one was a bit of a jerk reaction. I had originally been pursuing Wendell’s signature for a couple of weeks but Leverkusen were unwilling to negotiate on their £24m price tag. A week after we had completed the signing of Augustinsson, I received a message stating he had been transfer listed and was available for half his value at just £8.25m. We still only had the one option at left back so I decided to continue with this deal. We now have two very good options at left back, both of which would easily get into most teams in the Premier League.

View attachment 1089260

Pre-season Update

Friendly Results

View attachment 117748

Overall we have had a terrific pre-season, I couldn’t be happier with the way our preparation has gone. Were it not for an 87th​ minute goal at Besiktas, we would have finished our friendlies unbeaten and without conceding a single goal.

I have been particularly impressed with youngster Andre Green, I decided I would bring him back to the club as I believe he is ready for the first team and he hasn’t disappointed, 2 goals and 3 assists show he could be a bit of a handful from the wide positions. Leigh Griffiths was not introduced into the squad until our match against FC Utrecht and he enjoyed a superb debut, grabbing a hattrick and finishing man of the match.

All the signs have been positive so far as we look to carry our decent form into our first league match against Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

League Odds

View attachment 117747
So we have been labelled the joint favourites to go down this season with a predicted finish of 19th place. I don't believe that for a second, considering the strength of our team going into the campaign. A safe mid table place would be my personal minimum expectations.

Top Goal Scorer Odds

View attachment 117746
A surprise inclusion for our new front man Leigh Griffiths. It would be nice to see him near the top of the standings come the end of the season.

View attachment 1089457
August

I was expecting a difficult month throughout August, we have practically changed the entire team, most are yet to experience the Premier League and several of the lads don’t even speak English yet. I was just hoping we would be able to scrape through August without taking any major losses, keep our morale intact and use it as a platform to build as a squad.

Expected Starting XI

View attachment 117566
This changed several times throughout the month, especially with one player picking up an injury and another throwing his dummy out of the pram. Our wide areas are where I see us being dangerous, with Grealish being creative coming in off the right and Green on the left a handful with his pace, they should then be supported on the overlap by Passlack and Augustinsson. With Elphick, Maguire and Meli through the core of our team we have good strength in the middle, enabling Evander to have a very free role and to support Griffiths up top.

Results

View attachment 117565
My first official game against Tottenham was somewhat marred by the petulance of one individual. Our number 1 goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini decided to ask me for a transfer to Napoli just hours before kick-off. When I asked him if there was anything that could be done to change his mind he said no. I then told him he would need to wait until after we have signed a replacement, reasonable I thought, but no, this wasn’t good enough. Despite our argument, I was left with no choice but to start the **** as I didn’t feel Woodman was ready. Gollini was an absolute sh*t-heap, conceding two awful goals and finishing with a 6.2 match rating. I have fined him for his performance and banished him to the reserves until he is sold. Despite that, the performance overall was encouraging, Green was terrific and all of the new lads gave a good account of themselves.

Second match and my first derby day experience against West Brom. We were the better side throughout and if truth should of beaten them by 3 or 4. Despite grabbing his first of the season, Griffiths was wasteful and probably should have had a hattrick. Still it was good to get our first point on the board, but much improvement is needed if we want to avoid any relegation scraps.

We grabbed our first win of the season with a heart racing ding-dong of a game against Southampton. We took the lead early on through a neat Griffiths finish, to then be pegged back minutes later. Southampton did take the lead before half time but we were still in the game. We come out with purpose and vigour, it didn’t take long before Evander brought us back level, for Green and Griffiths to then go on and give us a two goal cushion. Saints did score a consolation in the last knockings but by that time the points were secured. Superb attacking performance today and I have been very impressed with youngster Andre Green so far this campaign.

A deal has been a greed with Stoke for Gollini to leave for a fee of £5.5m, with additional sell on clauses, I am more than happy to see him go but that does mean we are down to just the 1 first team keeper and Woodman is not ready to make the step up yet.

Our EFL tie against League 2 side Wycombe went pretty much as expected, even with mostly our second side. Every in the side played well, including those that hadn’t seen any action so far this season. It was good to see youngsters Queiros and Lucas on the score sheet, as well as Green adding another to his tally.

We disposed of Crystal Palace pretty easily, I was expecting a much harder game but that didn't prove to be the case. Palace did actually take the lead through an early Benteke goal but with 3 goals in the space of 9 minutes either side of the half time break the result was beyond any doubt. Once again it was the same three individuals getting the goals for us, as their stats below show, our attack is really starting to take shape.

Leigh Griffiths

Games - 4
Goals - 4
Assists - 1

Andre Green
Games - 5
Goals - 4
Assists - 4

Evander
Games - 4
Goals - 2
Assists - 2

League Table

View attachment 117564

Young Player of the Month
Andre Green

View attachment 117563
The award was well deserved after Andre was on fire in August, I hope he can continue to impress as the season goes on. It was also good to see Evander make the top three, his performances shouldn’t go without praise.

Very good start to the season despite your keeper's best efforts to ruin it! Woodman may surprise you if given the chance, seen him do very well in other saves.

But 7 points from 4 games is a good return which I'm sure you'd have taken at the start, plus Everton are sitting nicely in 17th, just need them to drop one more place and we can end the season there :p

Very good start to the season despite your keeper's best efforts to ruin it! Woodman may surprise you if given the chance, seen him do very well in other saves.

But 7 points from 4 games is a good return which I'm sure you'd have taken at the start, plus Everton are sitting nicely in 17th, just need them to drop one more place and we can end the season there :p

Yeah I am pleased with the start we have made so far. Woodman has actually done OK but I still don’t see him being our no.1 just yet, I have a deal to confirm shortly. Yeah I was very happy to see them start poorly, it’s not long til our first meeting either, can’t wait to destroy them!

View attachment 117558

Villa Confirm Signing Moments Before Deadline

View attachment 117556

Salvatore Sirigu - £5,000,000

View attachment 117557
I am very happy to welcome Salvatore to Villa Park. He is going to bring with him a wealth of experience, having played in some of the best competitions in the world, both domestically and internationally. It’s fair to say he probably would have made several more appearances for his country were it not for the prolonged career of Italian legend Gianluigi Buffon or the surprise emergence of young Milan stopper Gianluigi Donnarumma. Sirigu found himself on the fringes at PSG but he still has plenty to offer a top club and at the age of 32 still has a good few years left in him at the top level yet.