Some good deals there for you. Mitro should be good and fit in well with your team ethos. Any reason behind Newcastle letting him go? Did they not get promoted or have they gone up and see him as surplus to requirements? Seems a bit of a bargain at only £2.3m

I know, we couldn't really afford him, especially on his wages but I couldn't pass the opportunity up and several clubs were sniffing around.

Newcastle were promoted straight away and were challenging top four last season. He had definitely fallen out of favour along with Dwight Gayle who is also transfer listed.

View attachment 121075

Preseason

Friendly Results

View attachment 121071
We finished our preseason friendlies with a 100% record, all of the new lads who were fit to play have bedded in well and the squad seems to have gelled, overall I think that has to go down as an extremely successful preseason. With 5 wins out of 5, only 3 conceded and 19 scored, we have definitely found our rhythm and what I was very happy to see was that the goals were coming from all of our attacking players. Mitro, Pohjanpalo and Quaschner have given me a bit of a headache, each have put in superb performances and staked their claim when given the opportunity. Also a mention for new youngster Mario Colic, the kid has been sensational at left back and amassed an impressive 5 assists in 252 minutes football.

Predicted First Team

View attachment 121068
This isn’t far away from my preferred first eleven, with the exception of Neven Subotic who will be drafted in to replace Thilo Kehrer if fully fit, although based on Thilo’s form there isn’t any place for Neven at the moment. Both Nils Quaschner and Joel Pohjanpalo are pushing Mitro for the only front man position, all three have been in good form and all are capable of scoring goals, not a bad problem to have. Overall I am very happy with our squad, although Fran Rodriguez position is under scrutiny, Seb Kerk’s departure has left a gap in the right wing position and although we have several players who can occupy that position, none are impressing at all.

Board Expectations

View attachment 121066
Well the board are expecting us to avoid relegation, whilst the media are predicting a 17th place finish, with 1000-1 odds of winning the league. Personally I think a lower mid-table position is on the cards for us, and I will certainly be aiming for top half, I haven’t shared this opinion with the board as there was no additional incentive to do so. I have spoken with the lads and told them my expectations and it appears to have split opinions in the dressing room, some in agreement and others thinking I am asking too much. Those who disagreed were told in no uncertain terms that we will achieve my minimum expectations or heads will roll and it won’t be mine. I think we are not far off some of the teams in this league, especially outside the ‘top 6’ and given our performance against a full strength Dortmund side the season before last with a weaker squad, I think we stand a good chance.

View attachment 121058
DFB-Pokal - First Round

View attachment 121057
Our First Round tie against Greuther Furth in the DFB-Pokal was the ideal way to start off our competitive campaign. It wasn’t a perfect performance by any stretch of the imagination, but it gave us a good sense of how we have developed over the summer. The two teams stats were almost identical but we took our chances when it mattered and that was what pleased me the most. Mitro was superb throughout the game, not just for scoring two and effectively winning the tie, but also for his support play, he very rarely lost the ball and brought others into play very well. Also another mention for Mario Colic, another two assists today and a brilliant debut overall.

One game down and one season objective met! Mitro is on fire already!

View attachment 120979

1.Bundesliga - Opening Match

View attachment 120978

Relegation battle?? Pfft! We controlled this match with consummate ease. We finished with nearly double possession, twice the amount of shots and three times more on-target. We took the lead early after Gul was on the end of a great cross and tapped in from 8 yards, from then we controlled the game and the result never really looked in any doubt. Just in case there was any doubt in the result, Halfar scored a screamer from 25 yards out and settled the game once and for all. Mitro wasn’t at his best today but I think the match rating was a little harsh, we battled well and his link up play was once again second to none. This was a great platform for our campaign and based on today’s performance we will definitely be capable of competing in this league.

View attachment 120666

September Results

View attachment 120665
I may have got a little carried away after our opening day victory against Hamburg and we were shortly brought back down to earth by a resolute Hoffenheim. We really struggled for goals throughout the whole of September and what was more concerning was the fact that neither Mitro or Pohjan were able to find the net at all across these four games. There were plenty of positives on show despite the results - our defence performed well in each game and our passing stats are among the best in the league for both quantity and completion. On reflection a record of W1-D2-L2 is not a bad record for our return back to the top division, also the draw in the Rheinland-Pfalz Derby against rivals Mainz was a decent result considering the strength of their squad. Morale is low in the team at the moment and many of the players do not seem to be responding to my aggressive approach in the dressing room, hopefully a results against Ingolstadt will change that.

League Table

View attachment 120664
So 5 games in and we have done OK so far. We actually have one of the best defences in the league, with four teams already conceding double figures. That has always been a big part of the way I set up my team so it’s pleasing to see we can continue to defend well against better opposition. We have some difficult fixtures next month against Gelsenkirchen and high flying Koln, I just hope we can maintain our league position.

View attachment 120661

October Results

View attachment 120660
October was another mixed bag of a month with 1W-1D-1L in the league and a poor win in the cup. We started off with a superb win against Ingolstadt, we played free flowing football and although the game was tied at 1-1 for most of the game, we always looks like being the most likely to grab a winner. Once Mitro grabbed his 4th​ of the campaign followed by an extra-time goal from Colic, the three points were sealed.

The match against Schalke 04 (Gelsenkirchen) was definitely one of two halves. Despite our domination, Yevhen Konoplyanka performance in the first half completely overshadowed us with two well taken goals on the counter attack. After another one of my famous ****-fits, the team come out with real conviction in the second half. Mitro had been quite for much of the first hour so on come Pohjan! Joel offered a different dimension to our game, rather than playing with his back to goal, he was direct and got in behind their defence, grabbing a brace and pulling us level to gain a fully deserved point.

Koln destroyed us. There isn’t much more I can say really. We defended poorly, lost the ball in the final third too many times and in general we were weak and pathetic.

Our journey in the DFB-Pokal continued against third tier side Aalen. Considering their stature and with a big league fixture coming up against Bayern Munich in just four days, I decided to field a complete ‘2nd​ team’ in an attempt to keep legs fresh. That however was no excuse for the shocking performance the 11 men out there put in, they quality on the pitch should have easily beat this lot in full time, with Schulz, Subotic and Quaschner all part of the starting 11, there is no excuse for going one behind and having to scrape an equaliser to take the tie to extra time. What’s worse is that I had to bring 3 first team players on to get us across the finish line.

League Table

View attachment 120659

Although we are only 8 games in, I have to say at this point I am even more confident of our chances of survival. There are several teams in the league that on our day we are capable of beating and I feel confident that if we can keep our defence tight (not that it was this month) we will give ourselves every chance of staying in this league. Next up, Bayern Munich..

Think Mitrovic gonna be insane for you, and also Colic looks like he's gonna be a really good player for you :)

Think Mitrovic gonna be insane for you, and also Colic looks like he's gonna be a really good player for you :)

I hope you are right, he has been a bit shy in front of goal at times but I can't fault his efforts as a support man. Colic is a little bit special, I have a feeling he will be moving on to a bigger club before too long!

View attachment 120604

1.Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

View attachment 120603

I am actually surprisingly upbeat after this result. I think the 2-0 scoreline flattered Bayern Munich, the only difference between the two sides was the shear quality of some of their individuals, as a team we matched them almost every step of the way. It is becomingly abundantly clear to me that our right wing position is a real problem, Rodriguez and Kolmann are just not good enough for this league. Unfortunately Neven Subotic has not made the best of starts, with 3 games now under his belt, he has been far from impressive in each appearance.

View attachment 120572

Bullardinho and Agent Spotted in London

View attachment 120557

Speculation is rife as Kaiserslaurten manager Bullardinho has been spotted entering a top London restaurant with his agent and a mystery third party.

Whilst there has been no official word from Bullardinho’s representatives or Kaiserslaurten club officials, there have been rumours that the 30 year old English manager could be making a Switch to the London based Championship club.

Brentford have made it quite clear Bullardinho is their main target and the ideal man to lead the club straight back to the Premiership after their relegation at the end of last season.

Whilst silence can remain golden for the time being, it must only be a matter of time before the Kaiserslaurtern Board demand a public dismissal of these speculations from the manager himself.

I would stay in Kaiserslaurten If I were you. Any how now matter what you decide your story is very good !

I would stay in Kaiserslaurten If I were you. Any how now matter what you decide your story is very good !

Thanks very much :)

Brentford have a huge bank balance thanks to new ownership so there is a temptation to move on. Press release to be published imminently.

View attachment 120371

A statement from Bullardinho:

"Further to recent speculation linking me with a move away from the club, I would like to confirm that there is absolutely no truth to these rumours.

"I have enjoyed my time here at Kaiserslaurten and will continue to do so with great honour. It is true I joined this great club with the aim of transforming it into one of the powerhouses of German football and we still have a long way to go yet.

"I would like to apologise for the recent speculation caused by my visit to London and my subsequent silence on the matter, however I would like to make it clear, this was nothing but a mere attempt to fabricate a story to sell their so-called news.

"I will continue to give 100% to Kaiserslaurtern and I ask you to continue to support both the team and myself, together we achieve great things and I would like to assure everyone I will not be leaving my post until our objectives are achieved."

View attachment 120309

November

After all the speculation linking me away from the club I was keen to get back to the training ground and start working on our next fixture. There had been a lot of talk about me moving to Brentford and to be honest I was tempted. They had been subject to a takeover shortly after promotion to the Premier League, with an abundance of talent and cash, the opportunity was a difficult one to pass up.

Results

View attachment 120306
Nevertheless we had work to get on with and our win against RBL was the best way to detract people’s attention back to the football. The result never looked in any doubt and the squad certainly has been phased but recent events. Mitro was on target again and as usual his work rate was top notch, I wanted to give him a break and bought Pohjan on for the last 10’, he even grabbed a late goal to seal the win.

Wolfsburg still have an incredibly strong team on paper and were doing well in the league, I had expected a tougher test. After a Mitrovic strike was deflected in of Jung, we took the early lead into the break. At this point the match was still in the balance and it could have gone either way. Halfar’s goal was welcome and after 80’ mins I brought Pohjan on again for Mitro, once again he grabbed a last minute goal and delighted the home fans. Joel’s goals from the bench are becoming a bit of a feature and could be vital for search of a top half finish

League Table

View attachment 120307

December Fixtures

View attachment 120308
So we have a very busy month in the build up to the winter break and it will be a tough ask to keep our top half position going into the second half of the campaign. Whilst wins against Hannover and Freiburg will be expected, we will do well not to be hammered by Dortmund and free scoring league leaders Leverkusen. My aim for the month is 8 points from the 6 games which hopefully see us around the same position going into the New Year.

Kept noticing a few likes on my story from you so thought I'd come check yours out, superb work so far, second season promotion was very good! And this summers signings were class with Mitrovic and Subotic! Made a strong start to the Bundesliga!

Kept noticing a few likes on my story from you so thought I'd come check yours out, superb work so far, second season promotion was very good! And this summers signings were class with Mitrovic and Subotic! Made a strong start to the Bundesliga!

Yeah I follow your story dude, I like the challenge you have set. Thanks for popping over to have a look. Things have been going well so far but Subotic has been awful, still willing to give him a chance to stay fit and prove himself though. Our start has been good but we will need some sort of financial backing if we are ever going to step up another level.