Good to see you stick it out with your German plan. Although once this season is done and survival assured it may be difficult to not move next season if offered the chance to move to the EPL

Great story!!

Cheers mate.

Good to see you stick it out with your German plan. Although once this season is done and survival assured it may be difficult to not move next season if offered the chance to move to the EPL

Well there may be further developments yet on the job front. I think we will stay up quite comfortably, but taking them to the next level would take a long time, the clubs value, budget and facilities are all pretty poor. We are a long way off Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen.

View attachment 119372

December Results

View attachment 119377
After setting ourselves a target of 8 points from our 6 matches in December, I am relatively happy with the 7 point total we accumulated, although I am not pleased with how our month went in general.

We started with 3 poor results against Stuttgart, Freiburg and Monchengladbach, the whole team looked lethargic, Mitro had an awful month overall and the defence looked shaky with Subotic and Gul as a partnership. Pohjan come on for Mitrovic for the last 20 against BMG and showed me exactly what we have been missing, grabbing two late goals to bring us back from 2-0 down, only for us to concede once again in the 89th​ minute, I was fuming.

Before the game against bottom of the league Hannover I spoke with Mitro and told him his form wasn’t good enough and he would be spending a few games on the side-lines. Pohjan started and had an instant impact, grabbing the equaliser after we went 1-0 down early on, he is now our top scorer this season in half as many games as Mitrovic. We let in another sloppy goal shortly after but then another halftime bollocking saw the lads turn it around after the restart, Danny Halfar wrapping up the 3 points with two sublime finishes.

We actually controlled the game against Dortmund, such a contrast from our last 4 performances. It was an unlikely hero in Pascal Itter who grabbed the only goal of the game and it was an absolute screamer from 27 yards. We were composed and resolute, even Subotic had a blinding game against his former employers. Great result and a very well earned 3 points against one of the best teams in Germany.

It was my biggest defeat as a manager to date and Leverkusen really did rip us a new one. An early hattrick from Chiqarito and that was that, the game was killed off before we even had a chance to get started. They really are a class apart and definitely the most dominant force in this league now, move over Bayern.

League Table

View attachment 119376
I am pleased to see we have kept our mid-table position going into the winter break. Our performance overall for the first half of the season have been adequate, although our defence has declined somewhat over the last 6 games. We are actually closer to European football then we are the drop zone so I can’t really complain. Once again our business in the transfer window could be vital.

Interviews

Southampton

View attachment 1087453

View attachment 119355
After attending an interview the Saints board turned me down.

Everton

View attachment 119354

View attachment 119352

View attachment 119353
View attachment 119348
So things were actually looking positive for the Everton position, I was already thinking about my future plans as the new Everton boss. Then I received an email stating that Steve McClaren was the man they had chosen?? Steve fu**ing McClaren. If I ever make it to the Premier League I am going to destroy Everton Football Club!!

Talk about getting kicked when your down, not only do they not give you the job, but they employ the ginger wally with the brolly. I hope you relegate Everton

Transfers out

Francisco Rodriguez – Burnley - £4,300,000

So despite some pretty poor performances, a lack of goals and assists, Rodriguez’ value had rocketed up to £5.25m. I decided I couldn’t turn down that sort of money for a player of his ability or lack thereof and when Burnley come knocking, I accepted a negotiated bid of £4.3m up front.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles – Swansea - £1,200,000

If we had held on to Ainsley a bit longer I am sure he would have turned out to be a good player and we could have got a lot more for him, but he just doesn’t fit into my philosophy. For a player that cost the club nothing, he wasn’t a bad investment.

Korbinian Vollmann – Bremen – Loan

Another player that just hasn’t been good enough. I highlighted he may have been a risk when we signed him and so far it has backfired. His value has dropped and no one is interested. Luckily for us Bremen wanted him on loan and are willing to sign him on a permanent deal for £1.2m if they get promoted.

Nils Quaschner – Rizespor - Loan

Nils has been unlucky, unfortunately for him he has dropped down the pecking order and was in desperate need for first team football. Hopefully he can find a bit of form and come back to fight for his position next season.

Talk about getting kicked when your down, not only do they not give you the job, but they employ the ginger wally with the brolly. I hope you relegate Everton

I know mate, I was genuinely angry, like proper fuming. I have just added a subplot to my story, take over a Premier League club and destroy Everton. As a Newcastle fan, I can't think of many more people in football I despise more than Steve sodding McClaren!

I know mate, I was genuinely angry, like proper fuming. I have just added a subplot to my story, take over a Premier League club and destroy Everton. As a Newcastle fan, I can't think of many more people in football I despise more than Steve sodding McClaren!

My thoughts exactly! As a fellow Newcastle fan the image of him with his smug little grin standing outside Goodison Park is annoying the **** out of me and it's not even my save! I can only imagine how you must have felt!

View attachment 1087780

Kaiserslaurten Re-sign Kerk

View attachment 119086
Our first move in the market was to bring Sebastien Kerk back. The deal is initially a loan but we have the option to purchase for £1m at any point, which I will be activating as soon as our new budget is released. We have missed Kerk’s assists and goals on the right hand side and he will fill the void he left 6 months previously.

View attachment 1087784

Die roten Teufel Sign Kagawa

View attachment 119082

Shinji Kagawa - Free

View attachment 119081
Whilst I may have deviated away from my personal philosophy a little on this one, I could not resist the temptation to bring Shinji Kagawa in on a free transfer. Whilst his wages are exceptionally high for a club of our calibre, the commercial revenue alone should cover that.

After making a name for himself at Dortmund, Shinji moved to Man Utd where it is fair to say he didn’t quite fit in. He then made a move back to Dortmund where despite a good start, he fell out of favour and eventually was released. I have no doubt that Shinji is going to be a massive boost for the club and I am excited to see if he can add a new dimension to our attack.

View attachment 119078

Can't argue with picking up Shinji on a free. I've seen him released on a few saves now, but i don't know why, his stats are still up there!

Great signing in Kagawa mate. Shame about not getting either of the English post, sure it won't be long

Can't argue with picking up Shinji on a free. I've seen him released on a few saves now, but i don't know why, his stats are still up there!

Yeah I jumped at the chance to sign him. I think it's because Dortmund have the money to sign better players, they have signed Firmino, with Reus, Aubameyang, Dembele, Gotze in attack there is no place for him.

Great signing in Kagawa mate. Shame about not getting either of the English post, sure it won't be long

Cheers, I'm chuffed with this signing. Yeah I was a bit disheartened, maybe once I receive my next qualification at the end of the season a move might be on the cards.

View attachment 118927

January Results

View attachment 118926
With a large part of my winter break being taken up by scouting, negotiating with agents and meeting potential signings, I left our friendly matches in the capable hands of my assistant. He did a good enough job and he even decided to include Mitro, who found the net on 3 occasions.

Our first league game back was against Hamburg who were in similar form to us although they were lower down the league table. We started poorly and didn’t really seem up for it for the first half hour, giving away possession cheaply on a number of occasions. Mitro was poor once again and was subbed at half time. It took a good strike from makeshift midfielder Thilo Kehrer to bring the game level and from then on neither team deserved to win.

February Results

View attachment 118925
An incredibly frustrating month, in the games against Hoffenheim and Hertha we were 2-0 down by half time, leaving ourselves with a mountain to climb. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that causes us to implode, we started the season with one of the best defences in the league, our possession stats are always good, we have one of the best passing success rates in the league, we make the most tackles, we just let in such sloppy goals. One positive was that it was good to see both Kagawa and Kerk get on the scoresheet.

Braunschweig was as easy a game as we will play all season, another result that baffles me, our defence was superb, our attack was clinical, complete contrast to previous weeks. Pohjan is now out in the clear as our top scorer for the season as Mitro’s good start becomes a distant memory, to add further problems, he will be out for up to 3 months, leaving Pohjan as our last remaining out-n-out forward.

We were behind to Mainz 3 times before bringing the game level on the stroke of 85mins, but we let ourselves down once again with some **** poor defending from a corner at the back post and another point was thrown away. Kerk and Kagawa combined well again in this game but our defence was shocking, as for our goalkeepers, both are in such poor form I am thinking of throwing one of our 16 year old kids in goal. To put the nail in the coffin, I received news from our medical staff that Pohjan will be out for up to 4 weeks, meaning only we have no forwards left, I checked and Quaschner can’t be recalled.

League Standings

View attachment 118924
With only 12 games to go we are still sitting 8 points above the relegation zone but overall I am very disappointed with the way our season has gone. I wanted the gap between ourselves and 16th​ place to be far greater at this stage, improvements will be needed if we are to maintain our safe mid-table position.

It's a shame things have started to turn slightly, but you've been unlucky with injures etc. You may be 8 points above relegation zone but still only 7 points from 5th so still can turn it into a very good season.

View attachment 118852

March

Another difficult month, our superb cup run was a nice distraction but also an unwanted one. We had to play 4 league matches, 3 of which were against top 5 opposition and then 2 cup games. A total of 6 matches in 20 days, all without a forward.

View attachment 118851
We started off with what should have been 3 points in the bag against Ingolstadt but such is our fortune at the moment we could only muster a bore draw, our lack of attacking options becoming apparent. I started with Kagawa playing the no.9 role as a ‘false 9’ but he was mostly ineffectual, I bought Dittgen on but again he was poor. We defended well but in truth we didn’t have much to defend, the highlight real was short.

The first of our two cup games was at Freiburg, another team who were lurking down at the bottom of the 1.bundesliga. We did have the better of the match and I happy when Shinji grabbed the winning goal, he was clearly out of his depth in the no.9 role but he performed well in the circumstances. Another clean sheet but again the opposition didn’t pose much of a threat.

Next up was Schalke and it was another one of those games that we could have won had we taken the chances we created. With no player capable of running in behind or offering an outlet up top, we often found ourselves struggling to get into the opposition box. Stats wise we should have won, however on chances created Schalke were by far the more dangerous and deserved the 3 points.

Another cup game and another win. Mainz have been doing OK in the league and were neck and neck with us until the very last penalty kick. We really could have done without the 120mins of football, what’s more frustrating is we could have had this wrapped up in the 90’ but we conceded in extra time again. My frustration levels are starting to build to an all-time high, heads will start to roll if we don’t buck up our ideas sharpish.

F*ck me!! The match against high flying Koln was highly f*#king infuriating! We went in 2-0 down AGAIN at half time. I was fuming, I was close to smashing our ‘keeper Andre Weis in the face after he gifted them both goals. I was pleased to see that my aggression wasn’t wasted as we miraculously pulled the game back, taking the lead in the 86th​ minute, I was genuinely stunned. 89:00 on the clock, I though OK I will tell the lads to sit back and ‘contain’.. apparently Weis had other ideas, what he heard was, pass the ball to the opponent then leave your near post wide open.. He has been dropped. Another 2 valuable points squandered.

We battled well against Bayern and we did show some fight, unfortunately Lewandowski was just too good for us on the day. We was already 2-0 down again by the time Kehrer grabbed our goal and unlike us, they were too good to let their lead slip.

League Table

View attachment 118850
Our position is looking very precarious now, only two points away from the dreaded relegation play-off spot with 8 games to go. Things can change very quickly in the league, Hannover have turned their season around after spending the most part occupying the bottom, whilst Hertha like ourselves are on a downward spiral dropping from 7th to 12th in 5 matches after not picking up a single point.

DFB-Pokal
Semi-Final Draw

View attachment 118849

April Fixtures

View attachment 118848
None of these fixtures are going to be easy and all are must win matches. With RBL, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg all occupying mid-table positions and Freiburg just below us, we can’t afford any slip ups.

How's the forward situation looking now? Still plenty of time to turn things around again

How's the forward situation looking now? Still plenty of time to turn things around again

Pohjan is almost back to full fitness and Mitro is a couple of games away. If we can keep Pohjan fit for the rest of the season we have a chance. I will be holding a team meeting before our next match against RBL in an attempt to boost morale.