Bursaspor-amblem.png
Manchester_United_FC_crest.png

Venue: Ataturk Stadium, Turkey
Kick Off: 19:45 BST
Viewable on: Sky Sports 3 (BBC Radio)

Streams will be listed here when provided closer to kick off

# # # # #​

Manchester United Full Squad -

Van der Sar, Amos, Kuszczak, Evra, Brown, Vidic, Smalling, Rafael, Fabio, O'Shea, Eikrem, Scholes, Obertan, Bebe, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Nani, Berbatov, Hernandez.

Manchester United can take another giant stride towards the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League when they travel to Bursaspor on Tuesday night.

The Red Devils were held to a goalless draw by Rangers in their opening Group C game before beating Valencia 1-0 and then Bursaspor by the same margin.

They were made to work hard by the Turkish champions at Old Trafford after Nani had scored what turned out to be the crucial goal in only the seventh minute.

Sir Alex Ferguson has therefore sounded a note of caution ahead of the return match, saying that United must respect Bursaspor if they are to avoid a slip-up.

The English side are two points clear of second-placed Rangers and three ahead of Valencia at the halfway stage of the group, while Bursaspor have yet to get off the mark.

But Ferguson will be without several players for the journey to Eastern Europe, with Jonny Evans, Federico Macheda, Darron Gibson and Anderson all missing due to a virus.

Rio Ferdinand is also being rested so there will be an opportunity for Chris Smalling in the heart of defence alongside captain Nemanja Vidic.

Wayne Rooney (ankle) and Michael Owen(hamstring) are both still sidelined, while Ryan Giggs (hamstring) also misses out but could be fit for next week's Manchester derby at Eastlands.

Bursaspor News

Bursaspor's chances of making it through to the knockout stages already appear remote but they will be determined to put themselves back in contention by earning a famous result.

Despite not yet scoring a goal in the Champions League, Bursaspor's confidence will have been boosted by their domestic exploits as Ertugrul Saglam's side are unbeaten in the Super Lig and sit top of the standings.

The manager said: "We believe we can get a result that will be written into the history books with golden letters."

Milan Stepanov and Ali Tandogan sustained knee and hamstring injuries respectively at Old Trafford but are now available for selection again.

Federico Insua also returned to the side for Friday's league game after recovering from a hamstring complaint.

From BBC and Sky Sports websites

Manchester United Line-Up:

Van Der Sar
Rafael - Vidic - Smalling - Evra
Obertan - Scholes - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani
Berbatov

Subs: Kuszczak, Brown, Park, Hernandez, Fabio Da Silva, O'Shea, Bebe

Bursaspor Line-Up:

Ivankov
Tandogan - Erdogan - Ibrahim Ozturk - Wederson
Bahadir - Svensson
Ergic - Insua - Sen
Yildirim

Subs: Ozkan, Has, Ipek, Keceli, Nunez, Odabasi, Stepanov

I'm going to predict a fairly comfortable win, but with not many goals due to the hostile environment we'll be playing in.I'm going to go with;

Bursaspor 0-3 Manchester United - Hernandez, Nani, Berbatov

Thoughts and predictions :)

Last edited:
we'll be looking to hit them wide and on the counter, from nani and erva if they come at us i think

I hope Hernandez gets on the score sheet yet again. If anyone gets streams up when it starts, please post them.

The Bursaspor keeper is a clown,can't handle long range shots at all...so 2-0 or 3-0 Utd for me

I wasn't sure if Fergie would play a slightly weaker team seeing as we have Wolves, Villa and City all within a week so I might change that line up a bit.

4-5-1 with Gibson in and Berbatov out. I think. Keep him fresh. Also quite shocked that we only named 2 strikers in a 20 man squad. Bebe is capable of playing there but Fergie obviously plays him as more of a winger so thought that was rather interesting.

I wasn't sure if Fergie would play a slightly weaker team seeing as we have Wolves, Villa and City all within a week so I might change that line up a bit.

4-5-1 with Gibson in and Berbatov out. I think. Keep him fresh. Also quite shocked that we only named 2 strikers in a 20 man squad. Bebe is capable of playing there but Fergie obviously plays him as more of a winger so thought that was rather interesting.

Hmm but perhaps Fergie wasn't impressed by his crossing against Wolves, so he may want to try him out in a striking position? I hope Eikrem gets a cameo.

Do'. Just realised Gibson isn't in the squad as he's out injured..

Going to go with Carrick in the middle sitting deeper, with Scholes and Fletcher just ahead for a possession game. Obertan and Nani on the wings, would say Park but Nani's form is so good I can't see him getting dropped. Hernandez as a loan striker to give Berbatov a rest with the run of games coming up.

put your house on United

Or not.. They are the Turkish Champions for a reason. We should win, but that by no means means that we will.

The stadium will be very hostile as Turkey always is, their league game was on Friday so they may be more rested than us and they have the home advantage. We aren't exactly at full strength either so it won't be as easy as you're making it out to be. Although I do expect a win.

Oooh, didn't know they named their stadium after Ataturk! And they play in green and white hoops! And they're underdogs and they're playing United! I've now got a lot of reasons to hope Bursaspor do well!

Buraspor 1-3 Manchester united with nani vidic and hernandez

I honestly can't look past a United win, just hoping for a confident and snazzy performance to go with it.

DMF's Predicted Manchester United Line-Up:

Van Der Sar
Rafael - Vidic - Smalling - Evra
Obertan - Scholes - Carrick - Fletcher - Nani
Hernandez

I'm going to predict a fairly comfortable win, but with not many goals due to the hostile environment we'll be playing in.I'm going to go with;

Bursaspor 0-2 Manchester United - Berbatov, Park.

Thoughts and predictions :)

if your line up and scorers are correct then we're gonna be waiting a long time for goals, unlikely to see a goal before the hour mark with both your predicted scorers starting on the bench....

i think we will scrape it 2-1, would be nice for Hernandez and Nani to get the goals to keep up their good form

Hope to see some glimmers of talent from Bursaspors Sercan Yildirim.

if your line up and scorers are correct then we're gonna be waiting a long time for goals, unlikely to see a goal before the hour mark with both your predicted scorers starting on the bench....

i think we will scrape it 2-1, would be nice for Hernandez and Nani to get the goals to keep up their good form

I changed the line up after I originally made the thread after thinking about upcoming fixtures and resting players.

Will edit it now.

0-0 or 1-1
United arent really playing well and away to the turkish champions is always hard