Bursaspor vs Manchester United [19:45, Sky Sports 3]

good win eventually for United, Scholes was again the Maestro in midfield.
Smalling is a God, i love this boy! Rio Who??? (K)

Obertan is playing good football (capped with a fantastic goal) Berbie was a bit off sorts last night (he was playing alone, he enjoys someone playing just off him to be honest)

Rafael was a lot better defensively last night, Evra proved again that he is one of the best Lb in World Football at the moment.
Bebe came on and looked good, seems a tad greedy with ball at his feet though, he is still inexperienced (like Ronaldo was when he 1st came)

Overall, good win away from home, Turkey is not always the easiest place to play, just a bit dissappointed with Nani's injury though, not sure how long he is out for though!

Or not.. They are the Turkish Champions for a reason. We should win, but that by no means means that we will.

The stadium will be very hostile as Turkey always is, their league game was on Friday so they may be more rested than us and they have the home advantage. We aren't exactly at full strength either so it won't be as easy as you're making it out to be. Although I do expect a win.

3-0 to united :)

the ref went against united for once :p

What I cannot understand is why people keep believing that we get thing going our way more than other teams . In my opinion it all evens out in the long run . As a United fan , I can remember several instances where things did not go our way . I guess its because the media often hype decisions that go our way to make it seem like "the bigger team has gotten away with it ." But if the situation is reversed there wouldn't be anywhere near the same controversy .

Unfortunately I coudn't watch the game as I had a literature exam tomorrow(It's 21:45 for Turkey). Returning to the subject. Bursaspor might have a nice team, but far too inexperienced to beat a team like Man Utd. They were surprise champions but not undeserved. They don't play awesome in Turkis League, but not bad as they are the undefeated leader of this league. Still, Turkish football is going backwarrds after semi-final at Euro2008. We have seen ourselves bigger then we really are, and you see the results. Galatasaray beaten by Karpaty Lviv(Ukrania), Fenerbahçe by PAOK(Greece), and only understandble defeat for us in Europe Trabzonspor by Liverpool. Bursaspor still haven't managed to score a goal at CL, and the only walking side for us at Europe is Beşiktaş and we are defeated by 9-men Porto at home at Group Stage. Great mistakes we made. However our league is getting mor qualitier as now we have 6 champion canditates(Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, Bursaspor and Kayserispor) and no team has easy matches anymore. In our league people win points to become champions not by not losing.

Last edited:
How is Smalling coming along?

I heard he has a good game last night.

How is Smalling coming along?

I heard he has a good game last night.
very well actually, he was very impressive last night, still got some way to go, but hes showing us what SAF saw in him when he signed him

very well actually, he was very impressive last night, still got some way to go, but hes showing us what SAF saw in him when he signed him

I'm surprised at how assured he is looking lately. Always thought he was a bit dopey.