Its all relative though. In real life I would have given up non essential body parts to be able to say I'd played professionally in Holland and the A League and been a Socceroo!! Nothing wrong with that at all!!

Not at all! I'm the same!

Took some time to get over the disappointment, I had such high hopes for young C.J. Amazing how attached I got to him!

But, Europe is not the be all & end all, my guy is determined to succeed where ever he is! ;)

Just read through this in one go. Brilliant story one of the best ive read on FM base defo.

Would be boring if he was super human and flew in to a top club though right? ;-) The ups and downs are what make these BAPS so realistic and enjoyable. Its like reading an autobiography!

Lippo I just had a read through of this and it is a fantastic read, something I'd love to try, hopefully Lippo can at least make a remarkable mark on the Australian league and who knows what the future could hold!

I'd love to know how you set the player up in the editor, I've never been sure on how to do this but I'd love to do one with myself playing for Chelmsford City with the stadium being a short 10 minute drive from me.

All the best with this, I love the fact you went to FC Oss while Yeti also ended up there in the Rhys Burnett story too and good luck against your brother too haha!

Lippo I just had a read through of this and it is a fantastic read, something I'd love to try, hopefully Lippo can at least make a remarkable mark on the Australian league and who knows what the future could hold!

I'd love to know how you set the player up in the editor, I've never been sure on how to do this but I'd love to do one with myself playing for Chelmsford City with the stadium being a short 10 minute drive from me.

All the best with this, I love the fact you went to FC Oss while Yeti also ended up there in the Rhys Burnett story too and good luck against your brother too haha!

Yeah i loved how Yeti ended up there too! Had honestly never even heard of them before & then we both end up there LOL

To set it up in the editor all you have to do is select the "people" tab & down the bottom of the right hand box there should be an option to "add new" or something similar.

This will open a profile for a new player, you just fill in the stuff you want. Pretty simple & lots of fun :)

Yeah i loved how Yeti ended up there too! Had honestly never even heard of them before & then we both end up there LOL

To set it up in the editor all you have to do is select the "people" tab & down the bottom of the right hand box there should be an option to "add new" or something similar.

This will open a profile for a new player, you just fill in the stuff you want. Pretty simple & lots of fun :)
Thanks, I will give it a go when I get a free moment, only thing I'm worried about is over powering them or getting the CA/PA completely wrong I guess as I've never really used it in depth in a long time.

I also love the fact you play as a winger as that was my position growing up, although I feel on this I might make him the position I've always wanted to play as a play maker. Thanks I shall try it!

Thanks, I will give it a go when I get a free moment, only thing I'm worried about is over powering them or getting the CA/PA completely wrong I guess as I've never really used it in depth in a long time.

I also love the fact you play as a winger as that was my position growing up, although I feel on this I might make him the position I've always wanted to play as a play maker. Thanks I shall try it!

To solve the CA thing you could have a look at the Chelmsford squad while you are there. Just to get a rough idea of the standard & go from there?

Welcome to Melbourne

For those of you who don’t know, Melbourne is the second largest city in Australia, & capital of the fine state of Victoria.

View attachment 248347

Situated at the mouth of Port Phillip Bay it’s population is a little over 4 million & it is often referred to as Australia’s most “European city” & the nations “sporting capital”.

As a New South Welshman, I can confirm that as Victorian propaganda.

Although like the rest of the country, football is gaining popularity, the main sporting interest around here is Aussie Rules.

View attachment 248346

In truth the AFL it is more akin to a religion then sport in Victoria.

Personally, I’ve never understood the games appeal. Arial ping-pong we call it!

A bunch of burly blokes in short shorts chasing a ball around like mad men? I see what the ladies get out of it, but the men?

It has to be the only game in the world where you can miss the goal & they say “Oh well, close enough mate. Have a point.”

Perhaps I am missing something but, in any case, I digress.

The Victory are perhaps the biggest & most successful football club in the country, so in that regard I have definitely landed on my feet here.

View attachment 248342

They will afford me the opportunity to win trophies & regularly attract 30,000 plus fans to their home matches. Not too shabby, all things considered.

The city itself is actually quite a beautiful place, though you can never tell anyone north of the border I said that!

Its perhaps less chaotic & a tad friendlier then Sydney, although as a simple bloke from rural NSW, there is still far too many people for my liking.

That’s the one regard in which I already miss Oss, but there is no time for regrets. Its onward & upward. Time to get my career back on track! Time to shine!

Last edited:
"It has to be the only game in the world where you can miss the goal & they say “Oh well, close enough mate. Have a point.”"

Haha Lippo XDXDXD

Remembering Oss

My disappointing exit from the club aside, I still had an undoubted soft spot for the little club from the south of Holland. Despite Jupiler league coverage being non existent in Australia, I resolved myself to keeping track of their results.

j4B5jTO.jpg

I was understandably excited when I learnt that the club had finished in a record high 4th position, once again qualifying for the promotion playoffs.

View attachment 247752

When the playoff news finally filtered through I found myself slightly conflicted.

o2xTKDm.jpg

They had finally done it!

There was a tear in my eye.

After being so close for so long, the guys were finally headed to the promised land. The Eredivisie!

I was undoubtedly pleased for the boys but, perhaps selfishly, I couldn't help but wonder what might of happened if I was still there. Would I have been a help or a hindarence?

Oh well, I had my own season to focus on & oh what a year it was.....

Last edited:
x2s2z0e3yb818d_78688.jpg

Season 12

Home Again

My return home started in typically disappointing fashion.

b1Y0AyE.jpg

3 months out before a ball had been kicked in anger, what a surprise!

In my more pessimistic moments I find myself wondering if I am cursed.

Truly.

In 12 years of professional football there has hardly been a year go by where I have not torn a hamstring! The poor things are hanging by a thread! Is it poor preparation? Poor management or just bad luck?

Some things we'll never know I suppose.

Despite my slow start it turned out to be a good year for both myself & the club.

dDKM4oy.jpg

LjIvQZ0.jpg

Only the 14 league games but a very respectable average rating of 7.35 as well as 3 run outs in the FFA Cup, 6 appearances in the Asian Champions League &, more importantly, a recall to the national squad!

Honestly I thought my days representing my country were done when I returned back to Australia but obviously it pays to be close to home!

tdwVICP.jpg

My game is far from its best but its not always how good you are but who you impress that counts I suppose.

As expected, the Victory once again proved to be a formidable proposition in the A-League.

vC24Bs6.jpg

The regular season saw us finish in second place behind the Central Coast Mariners, who were superb all year.

The finals series saw even more joy for the club as we steam rolled our way past Adelaide United to contest the final against surprise packets, the Newcastle Jets.

zBcKSma.jpg

Unfortunately it wasn't to be our year as the Jets continued their impressive run to end our title dreams.

I wasn't there though but not for the reasons you might expect.....

M.I.A.?

You generally don't get too many chances to play in a grand final.

I was understandably disappointed to be letting my team mates down on their day of need but fortunately for me, I had a good excuse.

WS7N1ub.jpg

I had been made part of the Australian squad to contest the up-coming World Cup in Canada!

The emotion is quite unbelievable. I had all but given up on my dreams of again representing my country, let alone at a World Cup!

Isn't it strange how disappointment can so quickly become opportunity, if only you let it?!

1GcHzNQ.jpg

Something about this group seems familiar.

It will be tough, no doubt, but the chance to represent your country on the biggest stage on offer may only come once in a lifetime.

These are the memories we cherish.

These are the moments that make it all worth while.

This is why we play, this is why we persist! Lets hope we can make it memorable.

Good to see you at another World Cup! :D

This will be my first world cup!

In 12 years of football i have made just 4 appearances for Australia. This is perhaps my only chance! :S

This will be my first world cup!

In 12 years of football i have made just 4 appearances for Australia. This is perhaps my only chance! :S

Oh, my bad :p

I must have it confused with another story

Either way, best of luck against the likes of Spain! :D

Awesome!! Love that CJ is going to get to experience a world cup!! Good luck mate. Looking at this you should be a good chance for the Asian Cup which is next season I think!!