Haha, missed your guess in between posts there! Spot on mate!

Knew it! Love how your player career never gets boring, experiencing the highs and lows, looks like my player is gonna be the 1st good Player Career player in a way though! :p

Fantastic idea, and one of the most enjoyable stories I have read! Looking forward to finding out how this plays out.

Yes get in! Lippo at the Worldcup. If i could i would place a bet on you to win player of the tournament. ^^)

World Cup Wrap

mV1QX73.jpg

bzMsd9f.jpg

That's right. Mexico beat Uruguay to lift the World Cup!

I think you could have named your own odds on picking that final.

0L01Pq0.jpg

It seems as though the big boys all drew one another in the first knock out round & by the time the Quarters rolled around they were spent.

Some major upsets along the way!

bdfw283.jpg

Unfortunately for us, we couldn't join the party.

JjtLHPp.jpg

7BIQ8UG.jpg

EjNPou5.jpg
CZmZH9H.jpg

STplyCl.jpg

Another major tournament where the might of Australia fail to record a single point! The Spain & Chile results not unexpected, however our performance against Romania was the real low light. I thought we should have at least put up a better fight in that one.

Personally, I managed to appear in 2 of our 3 games as well as scoring our only goal of the tournament.

An experience to remember on that account, however our disappointing performance undoubtedly over shadows any sense of pride I feel at the moment.

nGf24hC.jpg

At least we weren't the biggest disappointments. England once again crash out early to take that title.

And that is that. A tournament I will look back on with a mixture of pride & embarrassment.

Not many people can claim to have scored a goal at a World Cup but now I can!

The disappointment at our performance will eventually fade but that memory will live forever.

& no doubt that goal will get more spectacular every time I recount it. :)

It was always going to be tough with that group! Congrats on the World Cup goal - you are in some elite company there!

I would love to see the best players in Lippo's world of football. I guess you didnt win player of the tournament :p.

I would love to see the best players in Lippo's world of football. I guess you didnt win player of the tournament :p.

Nope, just missed out! :p

I will post a SS of some of the WC stars for you at some stage if you like.

Just finished reading this. Awesome story, great career even if there were a lot of problems.

Might of been the Asian Cup now that I think of it. Will have to go back & brush up on my Charlie history!

I think you are correct. Charlie always seemed to do better at the Asian cup from what I can recall.

Atleast you have the pride in saying you scored the only Goal in the world cup for Oz!

x2s2z0e3yb818d_78688.jpg

Season 13

Back to the Grind

After the roller coaster ride that was the World Cup, It was back to business as usual & of course that meant injuries.

uhRL6IJ.jpg

A twisted ankle early in the campaign kept me out for 4 weeks before my 2nd dislocated shoulder in as many years saw me miss another 2 months approaching the holiday season. Ho, ho, ho!

Again though, as a whole it was a decent year.

fwg1TFt.jpg

gdzG8Jc.jpg

24 appearances across all competitions for an average rating of 7.20, not too bad all things considered. I definitely feel as though I am in the prime of my career, if only the injury gods would cut me a break!

I have also found myself in some stiff competition for game time here at the Victory with the younger, more durable Harry Dingle pushing me all the way for that left wing spot.

VEl3SxV.jpg

Harry has also been capped 10 times for Australia. Twice more than myself. The competition has been fierce but also welcome. Nothing drives me more to succeed then the thought of being forced out by a newer model!

Again it proved to be a mixed bag for the club.

bQV8QZy.jpg

Once again, the regular season saw us finish in second place behind the Adelaide United this time.

This year though we were to fall at the first hurdle in the final series.

9nwd3kF.jpg

A devastating Big Blue defeat to our most hated of rivals, Sydney FC. On penalties no less!

In my earlier years Sydney FC had been my team. Growing up in Tamworth I had supported them with passion! Strange that my career has seen me play for their 2 biggest rivals!

Oh well, things don't always turn out the way we had hoped, that much I know I have learnt.

The final was to pit Sydney FC against last years shock champions the Newcastle Jets.

izQ7wJp.jpg

fXJuwwV.jpg

Once again it was to be Newcastle's year. After scraping the finals in 6th position the men from the Hunter would go on to shock us all again by defending their title. Congratulations to them, they sure are hard to beat in those sudden death matches!

Again I followed the progress of the side that gave me my one & only shot at European football. The sting of my sudden departure had finally wore off.

ODcC7N0.jpg

Unfortunately, FC Oss were unable to surprise anyone & found themselves relegated straight back to the Jupiler league. I felt for the boys. I know how much work went into getting them there. I couldn't hold a grudge, I wanted them to succeed but as ive already said, we don't always get what we want out of life.

Have just spent the last hour or so at work catching up with & reliving some of the other great player stories on here. Wanted to link a few but of course the internet at work is down :(

Shame there dont seem to be too many of them around anymore, loved reading them. Got very emotional reliving the retirements of Charlie McGee & Jason Fuendes! I know Patrick & Mask are still working on theirs as well (hope so anyway) look forward to how they play out. Many more that started well too, to many to mention really.

Im going to start spending more time on this, hopefully get it finished before October ;)

#feelingnostalgic!