Can United Finish the Season Unbeaten?

Will United Finish the Season Undefeated?

• Yes

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 60.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Versaty1e

Reaction score
Few interesting articles have appeared in some newspapers about whether United can finish the season unbeaten in the Premier League or not. Past the halfway point in the season, and they still seem to be trudging along.

A look at United's final fixtures:

Wolves (Away) - February 5
Man City (Home) - February 12
Wigan (Away) - February 26
Chelsea (Away) - March 1
Liverpool (Away) - March 6
Bolton (Home) - March 19
West Ham (Away) - April 2
Fulham (Home) - April 9
Newcastle (Away) - April 16
Everton (Home) - April 23
Arsenal (Away) - April 30
Chelsea (Home) - May 7
Blackburn (Away) - May 14
Blackpool (Home) - May 22

A tough line of fixtures lie ahead as they must travel to Anfield, The Emirates and play the defending champions twice, not to mention another Manchester Derby at Old Trafford. And with the UEFA Champion's League returning this month, the pressure adds to maintain the run.

What will United need to finish the season as Arsenal once did? Is it possible? What fixtures will be make or break games for the season? Will United finally fire on all cylinders with Rooney and co. back to top form?

I hope not (6)

To be fair i dont think they will now with the power of Chelsea with Torres and Drogba back on form, but it could be done.

EDIT : i hope they go unbeaten until the last game of the season and then loose to Blackpool

I sincerely hope they don't, but it's possible. This season has shown anybody can beat anybody, so I'm gonna say no.

I shall tell you after the season.

In all seriousness though, I honestly believe we can. We can came this far and with the momentum we have right now, we can go all the way. Yes we haven't been setting the world alight with our football and have ridden out luck a lot but you need luck when it comes to these things, just look at the luck Arsenal had when they went unbeaten.

How'ever I wouldn't care if we didn't, winning the title for the 19th time overtaking our not so friendly neighbours is far more important.

I sincerely hope they don't, but it's possible. This season has shown anybody can beat anybody, so I'm gonna say no.

This season has also shown that Man Utd can go unbeaten. I don't care if we do stay unbeaten as the title is the priority. Although I do feel that it is possible.

We can do it. But I'm not too much worried about that record. I would take if we win the league by single point also. All i want is Number 19.

I dont think they will, games away at Arsenal, Liverpool and 2 games against a hopefully resergant Chelsea could be their downfall. But saying that Utd have been quite poor away from home this season so they could lose any of their remaining away games.

Yes they can, Will they is a different matter

Poll has been added to stir the debate a bit more.

There's a possibility of it but it is highly unlikely. Liverpool look strong from what I saw tonight and Chelsea can probably surge at the weekend with Luiz and Torres. City is a different team with Dzeko and will probably play attack at Old Trafford unlike they did at Eastlands during a boring 0-0 draw. Especially if they are looking for a strong surge towards the title.

Still some tricky games left and tired legs will have to take the pitch if United expectantly progress pass OM in the First Knockout round.

Should make for an interesting sprint to the finish line, though.

Its possible, but I have a bad feeling we will slip at some point.

Voted yes because I'm feeling optimistic. :)

The thing is at times we are bad but still get the win (form of champions?) which is ugly on the eye but it is a results business, but then such as against Villa the other night we can defend as a unit and play some fantastic football. Just need to find that balance really.

As Scott said they can but will they?

City will play more defensive than Inter at Nou Camp...we can, it will be very hard,if we don't loose at Anfield and Stamford Bridge we will go unbeaten.IMO

swear there was a thread on this not too long ago? Anyway I don't think they can. Still have some hard games to come up and will also have champs league to rotate with.

sorry they cant there is only 1 team in England that were invincibles (Arsenal)

Status
Not open for further replies.