Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

Team I would like to see:

Hart
Walker - Cahill - Terry - Johnson
Lampard - Parker - Wilshere
Young - Zamora - Defoe​

I've always thought Defoe would do well in a 4-3-3 like this, so I choose him. I have no idea why Capello always picks Barry and Milner.

Who would you go for though? I can't think of anyone even remotely capable of filling the void left by Rooney, Sturridge perhaps?

Possibly. Sturridge also has the ability to play wide. Our U21s are exceptionally good at switching, changing, floating positions (their front four of Welbeck, Cleverley, Sturridge and Albrighton are all comfortable across the front three, with only the latter uncomfortable as a striker) and we should look to blood them in when we need versatility.

Team I would like to see:

Hart
Walker - Cahill - Terry - Johnson
Young - Zamora - Defoe​

I've always thought Defoe would do well in a 4-3-3 like this, so I choose him. I have no idea why Capello always picks Barry and Milner.

Defoe on the wing? That's a novel idea. Don't think it'd work, personally, bit too tunnel-visioned. Besides, Defoe's rather down on the pecking order I'd say.

You wouldnt have ashley young over downing?? He deserves it from his last appearances

Lolololol.

I don't like the way we have included four out-and-out strikers when we should be playing a 4-3-3.

I'd like to see:

Hart
Walker - Ferdinand - Terry - Cole
Walcott - Bent - Downing​

Agree but Zamo instead of Bent, need a bit of proper cockney natter upfront! :)

Steven Taylor has been more prolific than those strikers. 3 in 3 for Newcastle, and looked solid at the back for the most part.

This is the England team to face Switzerland today: Hart; G Johnson, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry; Parker, Walcott, Lampard, Wilshere, Milner; Bent.

Pretty poor attack to be honest. Downing and Young should be playing instead of Walcott and Milner but we don't know how much they impress during training.

is it?

Well confused at the moment. ***** its 16.45. What he said ^

GodCubed nearly your line-up, just not walker and downing.

and it's 16:45.

Watch out for Inler, would like to have had Rooney hounding him, wilshere needs to close him down off the ball

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

switch to ITV now guys

Looking forward to seeing Wilshere today. Still surprised Young not starting after Capello was singing his praises. At least Barry's not playing. Got something right for once. Probably see a 2-0 scoreline. If we're not too cocky today. If we are we'll get punished. As usual

Back