Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

good god i hate that show. talent my ***

It's also quite pathetic how they put someone through because they feel sorry for them. Incredibly pathetic. But that's for the other thread.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I do not understand either, this fascination with playing James Milner on the left wing. He has played on the wing for 5 seasons and yet after only 1 season in the middle he wins young player of the year and gets a £20m move. So what do Capello and Mancini decide to do? Plonk him back out on the left wing. He is a box to box midfield player and is certainly not a left sided forward in a 4-3-3 formation

It's also quite pathetic how they put someone through because they feel sorry for them. Incredibly pathetic. But that's for the other thread.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I do not understand either, this fascination with playing James Milner on the left wing. He has played on the wing for 5 seasons and yet after only 1 season in the middle he wins young player of the year and gets a £20m move. So what do Capello and Mancini decide to do? Plonk him back out on the left wing. He is a box to box midfield player and is certainly not a left sided forward in a 4-3-3 formation

they will use him in the way united use park hopefully, tucking in and shuttling that left flank, allow cole to get beyond him, if we play him that role it makes a lot of sense, as we can overload the defensive swiss, any other role is a bit silly

they will use him in the way united use park hopefully, tucking in and shuttling that left flank, allow cole to get beyond him, if we play him that role it makes a lot of sense, as we can overload the defensive swiss, any other role is a bit silly

That's what worries me. All too often we've seen players being used out of position, or be given roles they're not used to. I do think Milner's a very good player, but just hoping Capello doesn't do something dumb.

That's what worries me. All too often we've seen players being used out of position, or be given roles they're not used to. I do think Milner's a very good player, but just hoping Capello doesn't do something dumb.

basically they should deploy him there, but in a box to box role (a la park). do that and he can really hurt them

the swiss look shaky already... Ottmar wont be pleased

That was a bit unnerving

Ffs guys stop being so frickin casual. Jesus christ.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

anyone explain why Walcott didn't just pass the ball? sigh. Cole injured too. Time for Bainsey maybe? :)

Many people will disagree but i think Beckham should be in the squad since he got over the injury that kept him out of the world cup hes been playing really well!

Many people will disagree but i think Beckham should be in the squad since he got over the injury that kept him out of the world cup hes been playing really well!

Meh, since then Wilshere's come in. Wilshere's the future.

Meh, since then Wilshere's come in. Wilshere's the future.
Yeah but i still think Beckham should be in there! Hes a great crosser and with Crouch in the team he could be very effective!hes also a awesome set piece taker!and he still has the stamina I personally think that Capello is a ***** for the way he treated Beckham in a way he was trying to force him into international retirement I think he has a grudge against Beckham because when he was in charge of Madrid Beckham was always on the bench

Milner over Young looks to be a wrong decision.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Yeah but i still think Beckham should be in there! Hes a great crosser and with Crouch in the team he could be very effective!hes also a awesome set piece taker!and he still has the stamina I personally think that Capello is a ***** for the way he treated Beckham in a way he was trying to force him into international retirement I think he has a grudge against Beckham because when he was in charge of Madrid Beckham was always on the bench
Agree with this bit, yeah. Suppose he'd be a good sub.

Milner over Young looks to be a wrong decision.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Agree with this bit, yeah. Suppose he'd be a good sub.

Or even motivational reasons-will do better job than Capello than gettin them motivated. Watchin them now, at times its like they've not been told it's a qualifier, bar Parker, Wilshere and Milner. Baines on. Come on son do a job!!

Agree with this bit, yeah. Suppose he'd be a good sub.[/QUOTE]

He could still start as well though if needed.I think despite Capello trying to do that hes made Beckham more determined to play better hes been playing like he used to when he was at Madrid and Utd and if he continues Capello cant ignore him for much longer!

I know Barry and Beckham don't play in the same position, but I wonder how does Barry get called up yet Beckham doesn't?!

Back