Capello names squad to face Holland

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 8K
With regards to Lescott, when he was playing at Everton, he was okay, but not very consistent. The times when he was good was few and far between to be honest. Thats why players like Jagielka, Cahill-I'd always pick them above Lescott. He's competent, nothing more.

maybe, but its a bit daft having an international friendly a few days before the PL starts no?

It's a daft time to have an International match, yes. But since it is going ahead I want our best team out there and Wilshere is the midfielder that plays the best for England right now.

If you strech that to all comps for club sides last season:

Sturridge: 33 apps, 12 goals, 0 assists, shots on goal 89, shots on target 28
Welbeck: 28, 6 goald, 1 assist, shots at goal 57, shots on target 19

Welbeck played many games as Winger which isn't his natural position. When played as striker he played very well. Just not scoring, if you watch Welbeck he works his socks off like Tevez. Will chase every loose ball and wins back ball many times.

Like discussed here both will get their chances..

I would take Agbonlahor over Crouch.

And what Mike said on the opening page (Only page I read) about Richards, clearly the best RB in England.

He had a dip under the latter reign of Hughes but last season he was excellent, and he's explosive but knows how to defend.

I'm generally pleased with the selection though, but we all know that's not the problem come game time it's system/tactics/performances/preparation that will be our downfall come matchday.

I think Sturridge performed better than Welbeck did last season. He scored a greater number of goals in about half the number of games. I know goals aren't everything from a player, but it's what strikers are often judged on, so he can feel hard done by not to be selected in my opinion.

thats because welbeck played most games on the left wing last season

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

whats the point of this match?

Apparently it's probably a good thing to have some none competitive games for your players to blend or to try different tactics/players.

If JW wasn't/isn't fit enough to play, I am sure Capello won't play him, but rather having him around the squad will give him invaluable experience, and if he is fit and wants to play, it's a bonus.

Hope we line up like this:
Joe Hart​

Micah Richards, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines

Michael Carrick, Scott Parker,

Adam Johnson, Wayne Rooney, Stewart Downing,​

Andy Carroll​

How does someone as useless as barry get in every england squad, there's better centre mids in the conference than him

CARRICK!! im getting sick of him being in England squads he is not good enough. Why not have another youngster in there instead.

Hart
Richards Rio Terry Cashley
Johnson Parker Lampard Young
Rooney
Carroll
Walker & Welbeck to get at least 20 minutes too.

I think Tom might replace Jack W. Last night SSN said that Wenger says that Wilshere will not play.

Michael Carrick & Jack Wilshere pull out of England squad to play the Netherlands. Tom Cleverley added to England squad.

Hope we line up:

------------Hart------------
Richards-Terry-Ferdinand-Cole
--------Parker-Carrick------
A.Johnson-Rooney-Downing
----------Welbeck-------

Would like us to play a reasonable strong team, to see how well we can compete against a strong opponent. On the other hand, may as well use the opportunity to experiment a bit with the attack.

I'd prefer Welbeck to Carroll or Crouch simply because the presence of those two just encourages us to hoof the ball. We need to start getting used to a more methodical build up now, if we are to be competent at it by the time the Euros come around. If Capello can get them to play good football with Carroll in the team, I see no reason not to include him, but I have my doubts.

Carrick and Parker given a chance to see how they perform in a big game. It's about time Carrick started living up to his potential. As has been said countless times, he has the potential to be an important player for England, but he hasn't performed well enough when he's been given the chance, now is his chance to impress.

Richards and Johnson down the right could be a potent weapon for us with Johnson cutting inside onto his left, trying to create or make outside to inside runs off the ball which he is good at, with Richards a good man to motor up and down the flank with his amazing athleticism and stamina.

EDIT: After all that Carrick has pulled out lol. In that case I would include Lampard, to be switched for Cleverley at HT

Cleverley deserves to be in the squad so good luck to the lad.

Hope we line up:

------------Hart------------
Richards-Terry-Ferdinand-Cole
--------Parker-Carrick------
A.Johnson-Rooney-Downing
----------Welbeck------
Welbeck in striking is just bad hes good on the wing, but striking is just painful to watch

Has only one player been called up then?? If Carrick and Wilshere have been ruled out why only one replacement?? Why not just take McEachran, just imagine what it would do for his confidence.

Back