Capello names squad

Where was Suarez mentioned in this Thread? You brought him up, The main talking of us 3-4 users is about Carroll, Please read the posts.

wow, he got Torres and Suarez confused on one post, get over it. The point remains in tact. This isnt about Carrol V any former strirker.

Where was Suarez mentioned in this Thread? You brought him up, The main talking of us 3-4 users is about Carroll, Please read the posts.
talk about missing the point. this thread is abut the england squad. anything else is off topic and and can be infracted.

A Wilshere Parker combination in midfield would be interesting. Both hard workers who would put in a shift, a partnership I would like to see play against a much stronger team than Wales.

Eagerly looking forward to seeing Kelly in an England shirt, when he regains full fitness. And also disappointed in Carroll being used despite his fitness problems.

A Wilshere Parker combination in midfield would be interesting. Both hard workers who would put in a shift, a partnership I would like to see play against a much stronger team than Wales.

Eagerly looking forward to seeing Kelly in an England shirt, when he regains full fitness. And also disappointed in Carroll being used despite his fitness problems.
definitely want to see wilshere/parker, then rooney behind bent.but given hw off form the forwards are except for rooney, i wouldnt mind lampard/parker, then wilshere behind rooney. Walker at right back

think carroll should have been called up, but he shouldnt play, but its god for him to link up with the squad

definitely want to see wilshere/parker, then rooney behind bent.but given hw off form the forwards are except for rooney, i wouldnt mind lampard/parker, then wilshere behind rooney. Walker at right back

think carroll should have been called up, but he shouldnt play, but its god for him to link up with the squad

Agree with this, though Bent's exactly the kind of player you want playing with Rooney at the moment.

Not sure if I'd trust Wilshere in the AMC slot quite yet. Obviously the position at Arsenal would be different to that of England, but he didn't do so well when played there vs Sunderland.. Him and Lampard could quite easily switch during the game, though - taking it in turns to drop deep and bomb forward alongside/beyond Rooney.

We shouldn't take Wales for granted, though - they have good players who can cause us problems and now isn't really the time to experiment too much IMO.

Ideally - I'd definitely go for Parker/Wilshere then Rooney ahead at this stage but maybe we'll have to stick with Lampard for now - just that experience on the international stage.

Agree with this, though Bent's exactly the kind of player you want playing with Rooney at the moment.

Not sure if I'd trust Wilshere in the AMC slot quite yet. Obviously the position at Arsenal would be different to that of England, but he didn't do so well when played there vs Sunderland.. Him and Lampard could quite easily switch during the game, though - taking it in turns to drop deep and bomb forward alongside/beyond Rooney.

We shouldn't take Wales for granted, though - they have good players who can cause us problems and now isn't really the time to experiment too much IMO.

Ideally - I'd definitely go for Parker/Wilshere then Rooney ahead at this stage but maybe we'll have to stick with Lampard for now - just that experience on the international stage.
you see, thats exactly why i want wilshere at AMC, dropping off and pulling his men away from their positins, while creating the gap for lampard to hit from deep

Doesn't seem that anyone has mentioned this yet.

Gareth Bale has been ruled out of the game on Saturday and Aaron Ramsey has been named as Wales' new permanent captain aged 20 (almost certain he'll be starting now then)..

Anyone think that could effect Capello's selection?

Gareth Bale has been ruled out of the game on Saturday and Aaron Ramsey has been named as Wales' new permanent captain aged 20 (almost certain he'll be starting now then)..

Bale or not our setup should be the same. He isnt Messi, we should be looking t impose our game than being reactive

Thing is with Bent though, even if he's off form he'll still stretch the play, drag defenders around and create space, not to mention score a tap-in. Walker most definitely at right back, the man has been superb this season. On that note:

YouTube - Kyle Walker screamer - Under 21 training

Permanent captain at 20, blimey. I don't think it'll effect Capello's selection too much, Ramsey was looking like he was going to play anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Ramsey play, I will be gutted Parker doesnt start

Permanent captain at 20, blimey. I don't think it'll effect Capello's selection too much, Ramsey was looking like he was going to play anyway.

Yeah he's their youngest ever captain.. Thought he may have played Milner on the right to stop Bale a bit more as Milner is more likely to track back a lot - now though I think he may go with Lennon.

Looking forward to seeing Ramsey play, I will be gutted Parker doesnt start

Parker has to start, closest thing we have to a real defensive midfielder, Wilshere and Parker please.

Also, congratulations Ramsey for becoming permanent captain at 20. That's quite insane, especially for International Football.

Parker has to start, closest thing we have to a real defensive midfielder, Wilshere and Parker please.

Also, congratulations Ramsey for becoming permanent captain at 20. That's quite insane, especially for International Football.
i have this recurring fear that he wont start and we will line up 4-4-2, and not even a fluid 4-4-2

Wouldn't surprise me, it is Capello.
this is what angers me about capello. Forget all the hashup about the captaincy etc, its the fact that he keeps changing his idea for the side. we look best in a 4-2-3-1, it allows us to field as many players in the one area we are strongest (midfield) it allows to account for the fact we dont have many DMs in the squad, and it means we can actually pass the ball nicely

We looked good against denmark and we should build on that

only one man utd player

i think chris smalling desrves a go

Is it just me being bias but why does he always overlook Barton and Nolan?

Is it just me being bias but why does he always overlook Barton and Nolan?

Because there are better players ahead of them in the queue. Much as I think Barton and Nolan have done well, even Scott Parker is better than them, and he's not first choice arguably.

By the way, off topic, but the FA are broadcasting the U21s match for free at this link: http://falive.octopusmt.com/

It starts at 5 today, so in 15 mins roughly.

EDIT: **** off CJACKO you zooming dickpole :'(

Last edited:
Because there are better players ahead of them in the queue. Much as I think Barton and Nolan have done well, even Scott Parker is better than them, and he's not first choice arguably.

By the way, off topic, but the FA are broadcasting the U21s match for free at this link: http://falive.octopusmt.com/

It starts at 5 today, so in 15 mins roughly.

Beat you too it lol. ;)