Capello names squad

Former Gillingham player of the season in the England squad! Matt Jarvis <3

Doubt he'll play though :S

for me this game is all about the momentum from the denmark game, and that means sticking in the formation, because that was as god an away game in terms of passing I've seen up play ing a long while, and thats exactly the style we should be building upon, and we actually hvae some depth in our sisde when deployed that way

EDIT: post number 11,000 :wub:

International breaks are a pain in the ****.

Just thought I'd share.

I'd actually love for that to happen. He can't play as a trequartista behind the striker, and he's too attack-minded for a holding role alongside Wilshere (who, IMO, is a must pick). Drop him, bring him on when we change to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

I somehow doubt he will, though tbh.

I still think he'll try to work with Wilshere and Lampard deep, but I hope not.

I would have liked to have seen Terry and Smalling at centre back together. Maybe Capello feels the game is too big for him at the moment and if this was a friendly then maybe he would be in the squad.

I would have liked to have seen Terry and Smalling at centre back together. Maybe Capello feels the game is too big for him at the moment and if this was a friendly then maybe he would be in the squad.

I dont see how Capello can feel this game is too big for a player, who has played the last 5/6 games in the league, which has meant marking Torres, Suarez and tevez, when he has only failed to keep one of them quite for the full 90 minutes..

I dont see how Capello can feel this game is too big for a player, who has played the last 5/6 games in the league, which has meant marking Torres, Suarez and tevez, when he has only failed to keep one of them quite for the full 90 minutes..

Yer but we all know Capello dont look at things like that lol. He should be in the sqaud simple as that, along with Terry he has been the outstanding English centre back this calender year.

Yer but we all know Capello dont look at things like that lol. He should be in the sqaud simple as that, along with Terry he has been the outstanding English centre back this calender year.

You mean, we all know capello doesnt use common sense.

Would love to see Carroll start with Rooney, Defoes been off forum all season

Carroll is bollocks, Defoe should start with Rooney and Crouh to come on 20 minutes before the end because he always scores when he comes on.

I honestly wouldnt like to see Carroll start. He didnt look completely fit in the Sunderland game on Sunday and he needs to be started when he is fully fit because it may have an adverse affect on his confidence. Crouch has a good goal scoring record at international level so i would like to see him start with Rooney upfront.

I'm going to tell Capello to set Crouch as target man and Rooney as complete forward ;)

Why would he put a off form striker on? actually two, Rooney and Defoe have been off form, and Have you been watching Carroll lately? Half Fit and hes made a massive impact.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Indeed. Don't tend to see Defoe on fm-base much nowadays. ;)

Haha just noticed it said forum meant form haha

Exactly, HALF FIT. Why play a player that is half fit when you have another player in the squad (Crouch) who has a fantastic record at international level?