Carling Cup Final 2011: Arsenal Vs Birmingham City

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports on twitter [apparently from Cesc's personal trainer] suggest 10 or so days for Cesc. = hopeful of trip to Nou Camp. Walcott definitely out for Sunday, again fighting to be fit for Nou Camp.

Absolutely gutted for Cesc. He waits 7 years to captain Arsenal in a final and he goes and gets injured. Just our luck, really. We always seem to get big injuries at the end of the season...

Fkn gutted, he was so desperate to play and win a trophy. Hopefully we win it for him.

Hopefully Theo is close to one week than two.

now Arsenal have their excuse for when they lose

Reports on twitter [apparently from Cesc's personal trainer] suggest 10 or so days for Cesc. = hopeful of trip to Nou Camp. Walcott definitely out for Sunday, again fighting to be fit for Nou Camp.

Absolutely gutted for Cesc. He waits 7 years to captain Arsenal in a final and he goes and gets injured. Just our luck, really. We always seem to get big injuries at the end of the season...
i agree our best players always seem to be injured near the end of the season

Maybe Wilshere could slot in to replace him?

ST solution will be Nasri. In the LT, Ramsey is the best option..

More explained in this article why that's the case and why Nasri isn't suited to that role.

Rosicky also might step in.. Wilshere MIGHT, but he prefers deeper role where he can control the game & has a brilliant relationship with Song.

I expect the team to be:

Szczesny

Eboue Djourou Koscielny (FIT) Gibbs

Song Wilshere

Nasri/Bendtner ----- Nasri/Rosicky/RvP ----- Arshavin

RvP/Bendtner​

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

it will be either Rosicky or Arshavin

Arshavin doesn't like that role. It's too restrictive and he lacks the assertiveness to make it work. Rosicky/RvP/Nasri.

3-1 Arsenal Nasri,Wilshere and Chamakh who comes of the bench ferguson for birmingham

Arshavin doesn't like that role. It's too restrictive and he lacks the assertiveness to make it work. Rosicky/RvP/Nasri.

Said Arshavin as if Nasri replaces Cesc it would go

arshavin nasri rosicky

rvp​

Joss I know you want to win the cup really badly but that doesn't mean you can clone some players and play 15 on the park you dirty cheat (A)

Also Joss why have you put Gibbs in the team instead of Clichy?

arshavin nasri rosicky

rvp​

No it wouldn't. Swap Arshavin and Rosicky.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Also Joss why have you put Gibbs in the team instead of Clichy?

I expect Gibbs to start. Wenger said it's half-half and Gibbs is first choice in the cups.

arshavin nasri rosicky​

rvp​
It would most likely be Nasri on the right, Arshavin on the left and Rosicky in the middle. Rosicky is a waste as a winger as he just stays in the middle anyway. At least Nasri and Arshavin move out to the wing and have the pace/skill to get past defenders.

I expect Gibbs to start. Wenger said it's half-half and Gibbs is first choice in the cups.
Would be very surprised to see Gibbs start, with it being a final and Clichy having experience with winning, he would be a key person to settle the guys down. Also, Gibbs would play the FA Cup replay so Wenger probably won't have him playing 2 games in 4 days.

Albeit Fabregas and Walcott out of the game i expect a 3-1 Arsenal Win, Van Persie x2, Nasri - Martins

Juan Ferrando has said Cesc 'could play this week'.

I would be surprised to see Wenger risk him starting, but he may get a cheeky bench spot with the knowledge he is there if he is urgently needed and if the game is put to bed well before the end, he could get a 5-10 minute run out so he gets to play his part in the final.

Cesc won't rest until final
Arsenal skipper chomping at the bit to finally lead his team out

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has insisted that he will do everything he can to lead his team out in the Carling Cup final on Sunday.

The Spaniard limped out of his team's 1-0 win over Stoke on Wednesday night with barely 15 minutes on the clock, and was joined by team-mate Theo Walcott on the sidelines in the second half after he sprained his ankle under Dean Whitehead's challenge.

Walcott is definitely out of the season's first showpiece match at Wembley, where the Gunners will take on Birmingham.

It is Arsenal's best chance to take home some silverware since winning their last trophy - the FA Cup - back in 2005.

Unsure

And with Thierry Henry and Kolo Toure having led out the Gunners in their last two finals in the UEFA Champions League in 2006 and the Carling Cup in 2007 respectively, it is Fabregas' first chance to be at the front of the line.

The 23-year-old admitted on his official Twitter page that he is unsure whether he will recover from his hamstring knock and be ready in time, but he was willing to go through sleepless nights to ensure he can lift the trophy.

"I dont know if I'll make Sunday or not, but all I know is that from this moment to Sunday I won't sleep if it's necessary," he said.

"I've waited too long to captain a final for Arsenal and I won't give up till the last second."
Source:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13864_6774995,00.html

Would be very surprised to see Gibbs start, with it being a final and Clichy having experience with winning, he would be a key person to settle the guys down. Also, Gibbs would play the FA Cup replay so Wenger probably won't have him playing 2 games in 4 days.

It's the same with Clichy, though - who is a more important player. He played 90 minutes on wednesday..

I fully expect Gibbs to start, but I may be wrong.

Juan Ferrando has said Cesc 'could play this week'.

I would be surprised to see Wenger risk him starting, but he may get a cheeky bench spot with the knowledge he is there if he is urgently needed and if the game is put to bed well before the end, he could get a 5-10 minute run out so he gets to play his part in the final.

Pretty sure he said 10 days before. He's out of the final unless something has dramatically changed. Was thinking about this (whether he'd be put on the bench and brought on at the end), but I doubt it..

He definitely won't start.

Wenger has pretty much admitted now Cesc will miss the final, and possibly the CL game. Be worth keepin an eye on

Wenger has pretty much admitted now Cesc will miss the final, and possibly the CL game. Be worth keepin an eye on

Just read this myself on Arsenal.com. Cesc and Theo both out, Diaby, Koscielny and van Persie should be fit. Just hope little Jack Wilshere can run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.