Carling Nations Cup 2011

I know, I'm not, but it ****** me off when the smaller British nations get slagged off like that. Just because England are a better footballing nation shouldn't give them the right to sully our efforts and opinions as many do. But never mind, should be a good wee tournament. Strange that they start it this week and the second game isn't until May. :S

That's fair enough, i rarely criticise the other home nations, only when as always everyone else seems to support everyone but England in major competitions. THAT annoys me!

But its obvious reasons why, and realistically i understand that, although whenever the other home nations are in action i am willing them to win 9 times out of 10!

Ireland no doubt the favourites, but i also think Scotland have a great chance, depending on what the squads end up as. At full strength Ireland are the strongest, but will they all play?

Think this is bad for Scotland, coz if we dont win we cant say we're second best in Britain anymore :(

I think its good that at least one of these teams will be able to win it before England start participating.

Its funny how ye took pride in being second best... :D but on a more serious note the winner will be either Ireland or Scotland. Hard to say which one as it depends on if both teams field full strenght sides

I think its good that at least one of these teams will be able to win it before England start participating.

Not neccesarily, just because England are going to be participating in it soon doesn't mean they will win it...

If England do join you can't be so confident of winning. If you play like you did in the world cup Scotland might be winning some silverware :)

Why is everybody still going on about England there not in it and if they where there is no guarantee they would win. Lets just leave it at that

Looking forward to this, hopefully some games will be on TV

Looking forward to this, hopefully some games will be on TV

all on sky sports mate :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:23 PM ----------

Robbie Keane pulls out of R.O.I Squad to face Wales

Great win their for the Boys In Green.
R.O.I 3 - 0 Wales
Gives us a good platform with the goal difference and I think a win against N.Ireland and a draw against Scotland should be good enough for us to win this cup.

Great win their for the Boys In Green.
R.O.I 3 - 0 Wales
Gives us a good platform with the goal difference and I think a win against N.Ireland and a draw against Scotland should be good enough for us to win this cup.

Hope we (Scotland) win it which hopefully will spurn us on in the EURO 2012 Qualifiers

Post match analysis on Skysports... When talking about Wales Defence.

Chris Coleman said:
On the right hand side Chris Cunter er oh Gunter

Oh dear :$

Duff was very good tonight but I feel we still need a player in the midfield that can tackle, work and pass like Barry Ferguson. That is the mould of a player ireland are missing if we opt to play 4-4-2. I think a 4-2-3-1 would work better with the 3 being Duff/Mcgeady-McCarthy-Coleman and Doyle up front on his own but while Keane is still captain this wont happen.

Anyway a good 3-0 win nontheless

Nothing Cup, didnt realise it was going on. With out england it is nothing, Not even all the home nations.

Duff was very good tonight but I feel we still need a player in the midfield that can tackle, work and pass like Barry Ferguson. That is the mould of a player ireland are missing if we opt to play 4-4-2. I think a 4-2-3-1 would work better with the 3 being Duff/Mcgeady-McCarthy-Coleman and Doyle up front on his own but while Keane is still captain this wont happen.

Fahey free kick :wub: BOOM!

Agree with that but Robbie said he will retire from International football if he isn't going to be in the team and we can't let are record goalscorer retire. Duff was brilliant just shows what a run of games in that Fulham side can do to him. Coleman had a good game to think he add's something different to the side. Was it just me or did you think Walters and Whelan had good games? Not a big fan of these 2 but thought Walters worked very hard and Whelan was neat and tidy in his play. For a midfielder that tackles I agree with you haven't seeing much of Wilson so don't know if he could do it, don't rate Gibson or Green really. Fahey would prob be my choice he is coming on very well for Ireland.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Nothing Cup, didnt realise it was going on. With out england it is nothing, Not even all the home nations.

The King of Trolls strikes again !