Carlo Ancelotti Sacked!

Was he sacked or did he just leave? Neither is surprising tbh. Roman stop sacking everyone it gets you nowhere!

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22 May).

The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the Double for the first time in the club's history.

However, this season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations.

Carlo will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, where he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves.
Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager.

There will be no further comment until that appointment is made.

Sacked by the looks of things. I don't think he'd leave tbh

If you read the papers this morning he said he would go to West Ham as he wants to stay in English football.

If that is the case if I was the Venky's I would sack Steve Kean and get Ancelotti in asap

I can see Hiddink replacing him. Terrible news for Chelsea though, Ancelotti's done a good job since his arrival

I think it's so stupid, the most successful club in the country have had their manager even after relegation, Chelsea will never succeed if they keep changing

I think it's so stupid, the most successful club in the country have had their manager even after relegation, Chelsea will never succeed if they keep changing

When were United relegated under Ferguson? :$

Anyway, Zola for manager?

Well Carlo, if the prospect of Plymouth is exciting enough for you, the door is always open? ;)

But seriously, poor decision. Had one dross spell, had the whole Torres saga forced upon him, and players who should be doing well have failed badly [IE- Anelka & Essien]. It will take one brave manager to go to Stamford Bridge and I wouldn't rule Mourinho out just yet.

Why would Ancelotti go to West Ham over Roma, his dream job? Does Roma now have a wealthy owner? And is looking for a manager?

Well Carlo, if the prospect of Plymouth is exciting enough for you, the door is always open? ;)

But seriously, poor decision. Had one dross spell, had the whole Torres saga forced upon him, and players who should be doing well have failed badly [IE- Anelka & Essien]. It will take one brave manager to go to Stamford Bridge and I wouldn't rule Mourinho out just yet.

To me I think Mourinho is waiting on the Manchester United job role. I know him and Fergie have a very good relationship and it just seems like he is picking his moment for that opportunity. Could be wrong though.

When will clubs learn that to achieve success you need stability which is why Manchester United have been the consistently best team in the premier league.

2nd and you get sacked?

Considering how tight the league was especially in the run in to the last few games, Chelsea did well to even have a shout of the title considering their bad spell. Things didn't go their way in cups but there is no reason to sack this man if you ask me, possibly one of the worst managerial decisions I have ever seen. Ancelotti is a class manager and Chelsea will find it hard to replace him with someone of the same caliber. Ridiculous decision. Abramovich is a ******.

bad move Roman...

You won't see a trophy next season unless Mourinho will be leading the team now... (near to impossible)

How about Roman sorts out the players who weren't performing well enough, instead of sacking the manager who did an excellent job and picked the players he knew could perform better than the oppossition. How come they weren't dealt with by Roman?

To me I think Mourinho is waiting on the Manchester United job role. I know him and Fergie have a very good relationship and it just seems like he is picking his moment for that opportunity. Could be wrong though.

His friendship with Fergie doesn't really mean anything TBH. And it could well be that he's waiting for the Utd job, but he loves Chelsea and if he's offered the job again then he may well take it, then again he might not.