Carroll 'not yet ready for debut'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish plays down reports that striker Andy Carroll will be fit to make his debut in Sunday's game against West Ham.

More...

No need to rush your £30-something million signing into action of course.

They have Suarez.

as Nick said they shouldn't rush him back so he can get injured again. When hes fully fit let him play

Caroll will flop, its painted on the wall, i dont dislike liverpool as much as most chelsea fans, I wish them well but he was bad business.

Caroll will flop, its painted on the wall, i dont dislike liverpool as much as most chelsea fans, I wish them well but he was bad business.

You really can't say that when he hasn't even entered the pitch. Sure, he might never live up to his transfer fee (as most footballers do) but I am sure he will contribute something to the team.

such a ridiculous short term view. by that reckoning torres is a disaster

oh wait both players actually need time

If he flops then it's a flop you (Chelsea) paid for.

Im just saying, he is no where near 35 million, and it will prove that Suarez will outdo him 10-1 on almost everything. Never rated Caroll at all.

Im just saying, he is no where near 35 million, and it will prove that Suarez will outdo him 10-1 on almost everything. Never rated Caroll at all.

And Torres is nowhere near £50m

Your point being?

The money only affects Chelsea and Newcastle, Liverpool effectively traded Babel and Torres for Carroll and Suarez.

Thing is, Newcastle built their team around AC, a lot of long balls etc. I can't see Liverpool building their team around him and changing their style. Carroll scored 1 goal for us which he made for himself, ironically against Liverpool, other than that, zilch.

Thing is, Newcastle built their team around AC, a lot of long balls etc. I can't see Liverpool building their team around him and changing their style. Carroll scored 1 goal for us which he made for himself, ironically against Liverpool, other than that, zilch.
you played long balls becuase you dont have anywhere near the creativity of liverpool, or the ability to control a game. Carrol isnt a targetman, he is more than capable of being a complete forward, which is how Liverpool will utilise him

Oh really? So we haven't changed our style to suit our current forwards and bossed the majority of games we've played with out AC? I've watched Carroll for years, for youth, reserve, and now senior level, and I know what he's capable of, otherwise he wouldn't have been rated so highly, he's a target man.

Oh really? So we haven't changed our style to suit our current forwards and bossed the majority of games we've played with out AC? I've watched Carroll for years, for youth, reserve, and now senior level, and I know what he's capable of, otherwise he wouldn't have been rated so highly, he's a target man.
you've hardly bossed them, and you cant boss opposition the same way liverpool can. more than a targetman, if you did watch him so closely you would know this

you've hardly bossed them, and you cant boss opposition the same way liverpool can. more than a targetman, if you did watch him so closely you would know this
Therefore you haven't watched them games. Exception of Fulham and the first half against Arsenal. I'm not arguing, I've watched Carroll for years, week in week out while also holding a season ticket. Thats like me trying to run the rule over one of your players who's only been on show for 6 months in the Premier League. Carroll creates nothing for himself, all you need to do is look at his goals this season to know that cause its so obvious. He can be the best striker England have, but he was so spoon fed here to help his development. Nolan baby sat him and kept him out of trouble, the club backed him over 2 different court cases along with breaking his own team mates jaw. I don't see many other clubs standing by such a trouble maker. He's maturing, but he's by no means the finished article, Michael Ricketts anyone?

not once have i called him the finished article. watched him from before the prem funnily enough. he isnt rooney, but he is good in the air, and with his feet, capable of coming deep, and picking out a decent pass for team mate, or taking it himself; thats a potential complete forward by any shout, similar in style to dzeko

35mil for an untested injured player hmm it really is a rush buy, for Carroll sake I hope he isn't a flop but he played in England he knows the game so won't really need much adapting just team blending.