Carroll 'not yet ready for debut'

I like picking on Chelsea fans over the Torres issue (I'm not a Pool fan, let it be noted) because they have had to change their gameplan to adapt it to Torres' game. Torres is a "finished package", and, although there's room for improvement - there always is - you can't make him something he is not. Carroll, on the other hand, is young enough for Liverpool to mould him to their needs. He has shown he's a good target man, but he's not just a target man, he's got potential to be a lot more. He may not be as technically gifted as Suarez or maybe Torres himself, but he is by no means a poor player - Just because he uses his physique to his advantage doesn't mean he can't play ball.

I never said he was a poor player, I said he didnt suit liverpool.

Again, its not stupid. I have seen him play many times, I know how he plays, its that simple really. Any Newcastle fan will tell you just how he will probably fit in at Liverpool, if you watch Liverpool play (which i have done alot) and watch Caroll play, it just doesnt work, its putting a triangle in a square.
you are missing the point every time. carroll isnt just a targetman for one, as we have already covered. newcastle played a game that focused almost purely on his aerial ability. liverpool play a game that will utilise his ability to come deep/ move into channels, hold up the ball, pick a decent pass etc. your argument doesn't hold weight until he actually plays a run of games for liverpool

Again, its not stupid. I have seen him play many times, I know how he plays, its that simple really. Any Newcastle fan will tell you just how he will probably fit in at Liverpool, if you watch Liverpool play (which i have done alot) and watch Caroll play, it just doesnt work, its putting a triangle in a square.

Again, it is stupid. You obviously haven't seen him play many times if you think he's as one-dimensional as you say. If you'd actually watched Liverpool play, you'd know that in Dalglish they have a manager willing to adapt formations to suit his players, as well as get the best out of the ones playing.

Carroll is good enough and rounded enough to fit in at Liverpool. Something you have consistently assumed to be correct (Carroll apparently needs wingers to play well) is actually completely wrong. It's like saying Drogba needs wingers to play well, when in fact centrally-based players like Anelka and Malouda compliment him perfectly.

Dalglish is good at utilising good all-round strikers who excel in the air, see the Blackburn team of 94-95. As has been said countless times Carroll is more than a target man, and I don't see how him being so capable in the air is a bad thing, it adds another potential dimension and threat to their play.

Any Newcastle fan will tell you just how he will probably fit in at Liverpool

Dalglish is good at utilising good all-round strikers who excel in the air, see the Blackburn team of 94-95. As has been said countless times Carroll is more than a target man, and I don't see how him being so capable in the air is a bad thing, it adds another potential dimension and threat to their play.

Thank you, Cal. :)

Commenting on this thread has become so awkward, paticularly with 4 or 5 views to reply to, so I will attempt to reply to all in this one little segment,

You all keep reiterating Liverpool will develop him, Dalglish can change him, He & Suarez look good on paper etc.

I never once said he was just a target man (but it is his main threat at the moment), I still, with all your views cant see a way in which Caroll will be a major success at Anfield, let the player prove me wrong, which I agree with all of you, more is needed to be seen of him, particularly for Liverpool (for this bit i was wrong!).

Ill take my leave now in the hope that I have not offended anyone with my narrow sighted views!

All these hater Chelsea fans will be mad when he scores a hat-trick next season against them!

(A)

By the end of the season Raul Meireles will be a better goalscorer than suarez & carroll...

He is far better then Ronney believe me.. He will be ready when you arrive on ANFIELD!

By the end of the season Raul Meireles will be a better goalscorer than suarez & carroll...

If that's the case then he probably will have scored more than Drogba, Torres and Rooney as well, what's your point.

Last edited:
He is far better then Ronney believe me.. He will be ready when you arrive on ANFIELD!
thats not even remotely true. Not matter how much they dislike Rooney, no sane Liverpool fan would agree with that, although its slightly hard to compare as they are slightly different in style

How you can call someone a flop before they have even kicked a ball for their new club is beyond me.

Granted, he may not perform to the value Liverpool paid for him straight away, but they have paid for a player they think will develop into one of the best players in the country, if not the world, and considering I can't see the future, and very much doubt anyone else can, I feel it rather childish that people are already labelling him a flop, and doubting his potential. I suppose allot of people said that Hernandez was going to flop at United this year, just shows what some people know huh.

If that's the case then he probably will have scored more than Drogba, Torres and Rooney as well, what's your point.
What I meant to say, he'll score more goals for Liverpool than Carroll & Suarez will for the same club. The man is on some sort of a "scoring spree" in the past few games. He's scored like 5 goals in 6 games, and he's a central midfielder. Let's hope he keeps scoring :D

when is next LFC match?

Last edited:
What I meant to say, he'll score more goals for Liverpool than Carroll & Suarez will for the same club. The man is on some sort of a "scoring spree" in the past few games. He's scored like 5 goals in 6 games, and he's a central midfielder. Let's hope he keeps scoring :D

when is next LFC match?

oh and did anyone see bolton's last few matches ? (cup & league)
Klasnić is getting them out of a lot of trouble :)

He's not really playing centre midfield, he's been playing behind the striker for most of his goals but yeah he's on a hot streak at the minute, couldn't have came at a better time for us.

And no idea what Bolton has to do with this thread but okay..

thats not even remotely true. Not matter how much they dislike Rooney, no sane Liverpool fan would agree with that, although its slightly hard to compare as they are slightly different in style

I think you'll find he was talking about Ronney Edward, the Malaysian Central defender ;) But yes, of course Rooney is a better player. Perhaps not going by form in this season, but we don't judge players on a single season, except for Carroll, who clearly has potential.

How you can call someone a flop before they have even kicked a ball for their new club is beyond me.

Granted, he may not perform to the value Liverpool paid for him straight away, but they have paid for a player they think will develop into one of the best players in the country, if not the world, and considering I can't see the future, and very much doubt anyone else can, I feel it rather childish that people are already labelling him a flop, and doubting his potential. I suppose allot of people said that Hernandez was going to flop at United this year, just shows what some people know huh.

The most intelligent thing ever to come from Dunc ;)

he was written off before he had even arrived at united.

amazing how short term people are, and how much they cant see past their dislike of a club/player

This.

Carragher is better than Vidic and Johnson as a LB was way better than Evra.

I know you're being sarcastic, but to be fair, in some ways Carragher is better than Vidic :S Commitment to the club for one, the list could go on, but that's not what we're talking about.

He's not really playing centre midfield, he's been playing behind the striker for most of his goals but yeah he's on a hot streak at the minute, couldn't have came at a better time for us.

And no idea what Bolton has to do with this thread but okay..

My fail, my fail :D

When is Lfc's next match anyway?

I know European League is tomorrow, but what about the Premier League matches? This weekend or?

The most intelligent thing ever to come from Dunc ;)

Hey, I am a football mod for a reason ;) aha.

I suppose with Torres hardly hitting form at Chelsea, they feel the need to belittle other teams signings to overcome their own shortcomings.

Lame.