Carroll 'not yet ready for debut'

Therefore you haven't watched them games. Exception of Fulham and the first half against Arsenal. I'm not arguing, I've watched Carroll for years, week in week out while also holding a season ticket. Thats like me trying to run the rule over one of your players who's only been on show for 6 months in the Premier League. Carroll creates nothing for himself, all you need to do is look at his goals this season to know that cause its so obvious. He can be the best striker England have, but he was so spoon fed here to help his development. Nolan baby sat him and kept him out of trouble, the club backed him over 2 different court cases along with breaking his own team mates jaw. I don't see many other clubs standing by such a trouble maker. He's maturing, but he's by no means the finished article, Michael Ricketts anyone?

Don't be stupid. Anyone with half a brain can see that Carroll is more than just a targetman. Kevin Davies is just a targetman (albeit a superb one), and Carroll has good technical ability, builds play, sometimes pulls wide or deep, can run with the ball, has surprising pace... he's quite a package. Just because the goals he's scored this season were given to him by his team doesn't prove anything. Newcastle were built around a very simple premise: long, quality ball into Carroll, knockdown to midfield runners, one of them or he himself scores. It's not his fault a team was built around him, a team built to show off some of his talents but not all of them. Look at his England match: he was mobile, happy with the ball at his feet or in the air.

Last edited:
chelsea fans you can't really chat you spent 30 millon on shevchenko and he flopped carrol has even start a match and you calling him a flop

Therefore you haven't watched them games. Exception of Fulham and the first half against Arsenal. I'm not arguing, I've watched Carroll for years, week in week out while also holding a season ticket. Thats like me trying to run the rule over one of your players who's only been on show for 6 months in the Premier League. Carroll creates nothing for himself, all you need to do is look at his goals this season to know that cause its so obvious. He can be the best striker England have, but he was so spoon fed here to help his development. Nolan baby sat him and kept him out of trouble, the club backed him over 2 different court cases along with breaking his own team mates jaw. I don't see many other clubs standing by such a trouble maker. He's maturing, but he's by no means the finished article, Michael Ricketts anyone?

But let me guess;

Whilst at Newcastle he was the form striker in the prem and the best thing since sliced bread?

Am I right? Actually, don't answer that. I know what the answer is.

chelsea fans you can't really chat you spent 30 millon on shevchenko and he flopped carrol has even start a match and you calling him a flop

If you read what i said, I stated I hoped he isnt.

I wish the best for him, but I merely stated ability wise he will never live up properly, Suarez is far better and more efficent, I can see come the start of next season Caroll will be sitting on the liverpool bench as Suarez & (Insert summer signing here) will be a much more prolific and beneficial front two.

I wish the best for him, but I merely stated ability wise he will never live up properly, Suarez is far better and more efficent, I can see come the start of next season Caroll will be sitting on the liverpool bench as Suarez & (Insert summer signing here) will be a much more prolific and beneficial front two.
how? he hasnt even played, hence why your argument is really really flawed

so they spend £35 mill for a good young player that has the potential to become even better and then not start him next season. yeah that makes perfect sense.....

how? he hasnt even played, hence why your argument is really really flawed

He has played for Newcastle, another decent team in the same division, I have seen him play a good 15 - 20 times (full games) over the last two years, more this season then last, that is where i am basing my argument, so its not really flawed at all.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

so they spend £35 mill for a good young player that has the potential to become even better and then not start him next season. yeah that makes perfect sense.....

It makes sense in the context him being in the team involves a different approach to the game, he would be suitable in some circumstances, but It is of my belief that he will not make the over-hyped impact everyone is saying.

He has played for Newcastle, another decent team in the same division, I have seen him play a good 15 - 20 times (full games) over the last two years, more this season then last, that is where i am basing my argument, so its not really flawed at all.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

It makes sense in the context him being in the team involves a different approach to the game, he would be suitable in some circumstances, but It is of my belief that he will not make the over-hyped impact everyone is saying.
two sides who play totally different kinds of football.... not to mention the fact that playing for one side doesnt show you anything about how they play for the next, see dimitar berbatov for a great example,

two sides who play totally different kinds of football.... not to mention the fact that playing for one side doesnt show you anything about how they play for the next, see dimitar berbatov for a great example,

But it still gives one a chance to see all his qualities and shot comings does it not? As I said at the start it was my opinion. This is yours. Does Caroll really have the pace and composure that liverpool need, obviously not. But he does bring an aerial threat, something liverpool dont use.

How can you judge him when you have not seen him play for liverpool yet? After the Chelsea Liverpool game torres played poor and received some criticism you chelsea fans said to give him some time and now you are criticizing one that hasn't even played for the club.

It looks like you Chelsea fans are frustrated that your club actually funded this deal for us.

But it still gives one a chance to see all his qualities and shot comings does it not? As I said at the start it was my opinion. This is yours. Does Caroll really have the pace and composure that liverpool need, obviously not. But he does bring an aerial threat, something liverpool dont use.
but what you base it on is somewhat flawed, thats my point. he wont be playing in that way at all. Carroll is no slouch, and he is quite composed in front of goal. He clearly brings more than an aerial threat

How can you judge him when you have not seen him play for liverpool yet? After the Chelsea Liverpool game torres played poor and received some criticism you chelsea fans said to give him some time and now you are criticizing one that hasn't even played for the club.

It looks like you Chelsea fans are frustrated that your club actually funded this deal for us.

Well its nice to see you jumping on the bandwagon and label someone on which football team they support. i wont reply directly to your comment as in my previous comments on this thread I have addressed the issue.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

but what you base it on is somewhat flawed, thats my point. he wont be playing in that way at all. Carroll is no slouch, and he is quite composed in front of goal. He clearly brings more than an aerial threat

But, even if somewhat flawed I would have an accurate account of Caroll at this moment, ofcourse he can improve as any striker has i.e Berbatov. But I just cant see him working in the liverpool setup very well, Im not saying he is a Shevchenko buy either, I am just saying its 35 million wasted, Liverpool could have gone many other strikers across Europe for that, or Charlie Adam & Darren Bent instead, for example which would have been much more attractive, there isnt really much more I can say until I see the lad play 10-12 games for Liverpool.

Any Chelsea fans can say ' I don't hate liverpool that much' but apparently depending on how you have criticized Carroll that hasn't even started for liverpool shows that you are just arrogant on how Torres have turned out for Chelsea.

But, even if somewhat flawed I would have an accurate account of Caroll at this moment, ofcourse he can improve as any striker has i.e Berbatov. But I just cant see him working in the liverpool setup very well, Im not saying he is a Shevchenko buy either, I am just saying its 35 million wasted, Liverpool could have gone many other strikers across Europe for that, or Charlie Adam & Darren Bent instead, for example which would have been much more attractive, there isnt really much more I can say until I see the lad play 10-12 games for Liverpool.

No, there isn't anything you can say until you see him play 10-12 games for Liverpool. How can you say anything about this Liverpool setup not suiting him if he hasn't even played in it yet? Carroll is more than a target man. Yes, he thrives on high balls and crosses, but that doesn't mean he can't adapt to a team playing without them. He's equally good at hold-up play or running towards goal. In fact, he's more or less the perfect foil for Suarez and Gerrard.

Saying it's 35 million wasted when he hasn't even played for the club yet is PHENOMENALLY stupid.

Something we couldn't use*

We have been waiting for a target man for years. You need a striker capable of challenging for the ball in the air [Adebayor, Chamakh, Drogba, and Berbatov]. Suarez and Carroll, on paper, look to compliment each other greatly.

No, there isn't anything you can say until you see him play 10-12 games for Liverpool. How can you say anything about this Liverpool setup not suiting him if he hasn't even played in it yet? Carroll is more than a target man. Yes, he thrives on high balls and crosses, but that doesn't mean he can't adapt to a team playing without them. He's equally good at hold-up play or running towards goal. In fact, he's more or less the perfect foil for Suarez and Gerrard.

Saying it's 35 million wasted when he hasn't even played for the club yet is PHENOMENALLY stupid.

Again, its not stupid. I have seen him play many times, I know how he plays, its that simple really. Any Newcastle fan will tell you just how he will probably fit in at Liverpool, if you watch Liverpool play (which i have done alot) and watch Caroll play, it just doesnt work, its putting a triangle in a square.

I like picking on Chelsea fans over the Torres issue (I'm not a Pool fan, let it be noted) because they have had to change their gameplan to adapt it to Torres' game. Torres is a "finished package", and, although there's room for improvement - there always is - you can't make him something he is not. Carroll, on the other hand, is young enough for Liverpool to mould him to their needs. He has shown he's a good target man, but he's not just a target man, he's got potential to be a lot more. He may not be as technically gifted as Suarez or maybe Torres himself, but he is by no means a poor player - Just because he uses his physique to his advantage doesn't mean he can't play ball.

Any Chelsea fans can say ' I don't hate liverpool that much' but apparently depending on how you have criticized Carroll that hasn't even started for liverpool shows that you are just arrogant on how Torres have turned out for Chelsea.

I criticized the player, not the club, im full of praise for suarez am I not. Ive stated liverpool are a good team, Your not even posting on this thread, you are posting at me, and chelsea, which is nothing got to do with this thread, thanks for spamming.

Again, its not stupid. I have seen him play many times, I know how he plays, its that simple really. Any Newcastle fan will tell you just how he will probably fit in at Liverpool, if you watch Liverpool play (which i have done alot) and watch Caroll play, it just doesnt work, its putting a triangle in a square.

You know how he plays under Newcastle. How Carroll will be played under Kenny is unknown.

Kuyt - joined as a top goalscorer. Deployed on the right.