Okey, with Leicester you play just like the download type?

I just played CS against Chelsea, 1-0 winning, Shots: Chelsea 13/6, 9 long shots. Arsenal: 7/2, 2 long shots.
Clear chances: Chelsea: 0 Arsenal: 3.

THe thing I don't like are the shots on goal....

Can try playing with Fabregas en Muntari on midfield, but you're results with fabregas and Nasri are fantastic!

Dang. This looks good. However I can't seem to find a solid tactic that provides goals and concedes small amounts of goals.

Okey, with Leicester you play just like the download type?

I just played CS against Chelsea, 1-0 winning, Shots: Chelsea 13/6, 9 long shots. Arsenal: 7/2, 2 long shots.
Clear chances: Chelsea: 0 Arsenal: 3.

THe thing I don't like are the shots on goal....

Can try playing with Fabregas en Muntari on midfield, but you're results with fabregas and Nasri are fantastic!

clear cut chances are more important than total shots.... if u want more shots just set midfield to shot from range but ur less likely to create clear chances

Dang. This looks good. However I can't seem to find a solid tactic that provides goals and concedes small amounts of goals.

its the dream will be hard to find

Oke, the tactic is working, won 27 of the 38 games 1st season, only lost 2 in the league.

But when i look at you're screenshots on the 1st page of this article, i see that you create manny more chances then me, the opponent creates way lass then you.

Just playes Bolton away, 2-2 chances: Bloton: 10/5 1 long shot, Arsenal 10/6 1 long shot.

theirs more to management then tactics, your team moral, a team that is gelled, players that compliment each, partnerships from centre backs to strikers, simple things like players being able to communicate ( a common language), players to be on form (if they not performing drop them) and of course u need luck.. i cant provide you with a tactic that will win every game, just be patience and think about every aspect... maybe u'll need to tweak certain parts to suits your players. I can only provide the tactic and not all the answers

Great tactic, gone 4 matches without conceding. Great accompanying tactic to JP Woody's!!

Hi mate! Nice one. After a sucessful first season with a 4-3-3 (4-5-1), my second season wasn't turning out so well and, till November I was playing with a self-made 4-4-2 similarly shapped like yours with relative success. I then changed it to your tactic and had mostly good performances and results, with a few odd draw either by overconfidance, excessive player rotation or Man City (were always tight games; had 6 vs them and lost it once).

Some of the draws were in the FA Cup which was quite hellish, I had draws in the first games vs Spurs, Arsenal and City.

Arguably my best players were Torres at STCR and Hulk (most of the times) at AMR.

I did find the need to develop a secondary tactic, where I dropped the AML/AMR to ML and MR so I had better defensive cohesion and could defend results and play counter-attack against thougher opponents, with a fair degree of success.

Note: I made a slight tweak to your tactic. Since my center defenders are quite adequate when passing the ball, I changed their behaviour to ball playing defender. It's pretty much the same... except try trough balls changes to often and passing is not so short. Got a few goals and good attemps with that. Works best, naturally, if you have fast players up front.

Fixtures (just noticed that during copy pasting those images I forgot 4 or 5 matches in the last month. Nevermind, i guess)

Torres, with 45 goals and 25 assists:

Hulk, with 28 goals and 19 assists:

Last edited:
Going to give this a try with my Chelsea team, will probably have Navas as RW, Zhirkov on LW with Neymar and Drogba. Can't seem to find a tactic that the team play well with even when they are all on max fluid so far.

:'(

Hi mate! Nice one. After a sucessful first season with a 4-3-3 (4-5-1), my second season wasn't turning out so well and, till November I was playing with a self-made 4-4-2 similarly shapped like yours with relative success. I then changed it to your tactic and had mostly good performances and results, with a few odd draw either by overconfidance, excessive player rotation or Man City (were always tight games; had 6 vs them and lost it once).

Some of the draws were in the FA Cup which was quite hellish, I had draws in the first games vs Spurs, Arsenal and City.

Arguably my best players were Torres at STCR and Hulk (most of the times) at AMR.

I did find the need to develop a secondary tactic, where I dropped the AML/AMR to ML and MR so I had better defensive cohesion and could defend results and play counter-attack against thougher opponents, with a fair degree of success.

Note: I made a slight tweak to your tactic. Since my center defenders are quite adequate when passing the ball, I changed their behaviour to ball playing defender. It's pretty much the same... except try trough balls changes to often and passing is not so short. Got a few goals and good attemps with that. Works best, naturally, if you have fast players up front.

thanks mate good to hear uve had success and thanks for the tweaks

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Going to give this a try with my Chelsea team, will probably have Navas as RW, Zhirkov on LW with Neymar and Drogba. Can't seem to find a tactic that the team play well with even when they are all on max fluid so far.

:'(

hope it works for you keep me posted

kill game version to be released soon.......​

link added to end of OP​

Using the Retain Possession option from instructions seem to help me winning matches :) No screenshots with proof tho.

Tried with retain posession with Ajax vs PSV , won 4-1, tried without played 0-1 (1-1 would be fair but i couldnt score :p)

Testing Update: Season 3 with Leicester

League: Finished 4th despite a still fairly weak team to the top half sides. Kadlec missed 2 months and Traore was missing during same time for African cup of nations, overall very good. Loads of goals but leaked in a good few, strong defenders may be key to preventing this.​

attachment.php

League Cup: Got to final and couldnt seem to score lost to Fulham, knocked out some big teams along the way though.

FA Cup: Won the FA Cup beating Man Utd in the final.

Europa League: Got to the 2nd rnd knockout stage narrowly lost to AC Milan 3-2, missed a penalty to take to extra time.​

Team

attachment.php

Results

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Found out that;

My wingers try to cross alot. My forwards (Kadlec/El Hamdaoui) get alot of high crosses. Their heading sux so i changed my wingers (Sulejmani/Suarez) to: Rarely give cross balls.

Now they simply giggle and run past some defenders to bring the ball to my forwards or to just blast em in themselves.

So my tip to adjust: When u aint using forward's with heading skill 14+, dont let ur wingers cross the ball into the box alot.

(woot pro english)

I finished a full season with AFC AJAX - Dutch league. (My game is like 90% dutch also, but u know what everything means ;) ) And, sorry in advance for my bààààd english!

In the dutch league my assistant said like 3/4 teams were better then i was. In the champions cup i was the underdog in almost ever match ( notice the 3-0 win at home vs chelsea :D )

Like always most of my players picked up injuries but overall ive been able to put up a decent squad. (Without Suarez i scored like 50% less :p)

Here some screens (Because i blended the tactic in my team and changed some tactic options to fit into my team i saved my tac under a different name so i could easily find it back :p):
View attachment 116625
View attachment 116626
View attachment 116627
View attachment 116628
View attachment 116629
View attachment 116630

Notice that most of my players in front score quite some goals. This tactic is not based on 1/2 good players. Even my wingers (lodeiro and eriksen are AMC but i turned em into wingers) scored goals. Also the assists are spread around the 4 front men. Also notice my 2 CB's made a couple of goals, they opened the scoring for me quite some matches.

Some tips for players who are going to use this strat:

• Change the passing/crossing on ur 4 front men (wingers+strikers) to what you're players handle best. (Fast/small players dont want high crossballs coming in the box! And Crouch doesnt want all passes onto his feet! )
  • If one of ur players are sent off, substitute one of ur wingers, place the other winger into AMC (most wingers r capable of going to the AMC spot) in either playmaker or "10". I've won a homegame vs FC Utrecht (top of league) with like 4-1 eventho Suarez was sent off after 12min at a 0-0 score
  • Dont get all worked up if u get some goals against, or lose once in a while. This happens with any tactic around atm. I've lost to like bottom teams
  • Get some nice dribblers on the wing's, prefer players who r imba on "Cut Inside" like Luis Suarez from AML.
  • Try Substituting ur wingers/front man so u got nice fresh (and probably faster then the tired defenders) players on the pitch to get more goals in. ( I tend to do it when they drop below 75-70%) Btw. If there are other players alot lower on fitness, substitute them ofcourse ;) nothing better then fresh players!
  • Like in every game, every tactic and every team: Substitute players if they r tired from Champions Cup/National Cup etc.

ps. Thanks Casey32 :)

Last edited:
Little update:
My assistent often tells me my team is having a hard time vs 4-5-1 lineups (+alot away games vs good teams). I noticed my backs (Vurnon Anita and Gregory van der Wiel) are often to much forward to defend properly.

I change them to full def. mentality and no forward runs, they r now kinda playing like CB's on the wings (no creativity or any usefull passes) but they sure stop alot attacks in a early stage. Versus teams like Chelsea, Man UTD, Barca, Real etc. i also use defensive strat with ball possession. -> matches u would otherwise deffo lose with a team like Ajax can go either side then. My last Chelsea away game went pretty ok for Ajax: 1-2 win. After winning the homegame with the "standard" casey 442.

i am now going to use your tactic, looks perfect for my team! will post if its successful or not!

Have downloaded will give it a try sometime and let you know how I get on mate. Currently having success with my tactic but will add this to my match prep and call upon it when needed. thanks.

Ok, my experience with this tactic...

... was very positive.

In my save I manage HSV, and played the first 6 seasons with Koflok's Goals Galore. Won the league twice, the cup twice, the Europa Cup once and the CL 3 times. I liked the tactic because it's elegant, sound and relatively close to the system HSV plays in reality.

But I got bored and wanted a tactic that scores more goals, so I decided to make a change and try something more adventurous.

So, I tried Casey's and just finished the first full season - winning everything apart from the German Cup, and I got some amazing results on the way: 7-1 vs ManU in the CL k.o. phase, 8-1 vs Bayer just hours after HSV won the league (it was a Saturday evening game). There were more great results - 4-1 vs Bayern, 6-0 vs Porto, 7-0 vs Hoppenheim, etc. Of course there were also a few other games where HSV created chance after chance but failed to convert and dropped points, but those were few and far in between.

Note that Casey's didn't improve the points total (which would be almost impossible to do), but scored about 50% more goals and had far more exciting games.

I attached the respective screenshots:
1) HSV's performance in the league over the years: around 80 points since the team had been built up, averaging 80-20 goals. Then Casey's season: 123-35 goals. One hundred and twenty three. ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE. The record in reality is 101 by Bayern when I was a baby in 71/72. ;)

2) The stats vs ManU and Bayer, total domination and an abundance of CCCs.

3) Overall, Home and Away Bundesliga table. Casey's scored more goals at home than Koflok's in total, and all games were won.

4) The player ratings of the Bundesliga - HSV had 11 in the top 15. That's partly a result of the tactic as goals improve ratings, but it is also something to bear in mind - this is a team that has been built over the years and is far and away the best in its league.

Overall I am very happy with this tactic, I like how it creates chances and how devastating it is on the break - I guess about a 3rd of the goals came in the last 20 minutes.

Not sure if I would start a game with it, though - it seems quite risky.. But maybe I'll try it from the start in a new save.

Btw: I made no changes to the tactic apart from different set piece routines - 26 goals were scored from corners, about 10 more than before, I'd say as a result of getting more corners due to a more offensive tactic.

Last edited:
Cheers for the great tactic/formation...Have just started a season using Southampton and so far am undefeated in all competitions (including pre-season matches) and have only conceded 4 goals after a good 30 games. Have set everything up as your first post and have never even looked worried by any team yet (beaten 2 Championship teams in the FA Cup pretty convincingly).

Also found if I set to 'Counter' and set Instructions to 'Retain Possession' & 'Pass to Feet' I still score pretty freely. I would suggest trying to find decent attacking Wing Backs for both sides as have found they are the two that set the attacking plays up (even though they are set to defend), I don't know how many times so far, both of them have whipped in pitch long passes forward resulting in goals, neither of them have rated below a 7.0 all season. Which I guess also has the added benefit of adding to their resale value.

Second season with Casey's

The second season (2017/18) was even better - no thrashings for big clubs, but more points in the league and all competitions won.

The best bit was the CL Best XI - 9 players from HSV. :)