Best Tactic around im burnley after 20 games im second only losing one game. Keep them coming x

I used this as Hoffenheim for a while when I had injuries and it proved fairly good for the 6 months towards the end of my first season with me finishing in 6th place. However at the start of the season it seemed horrendous with me getting 4 losses and a draw in first 5 games. I switched to the Ghost tactic 4-4-2 and noticed significant improvent and I am on a 15 game unbeaten run. I am sure this tactic works well with technically gifted amazing players such as Arsenal and Liverpool but with weaker side such as myself it didn't work out too well. Would be curious to hear what other people managing weaker teams found it.

thanks for the feedback... not sure when version two will be out as was away last week

Thanks Casey32 for such an awesome tactic. In my first season in charge at Arsenal, we went onto win the Premier League quite convincingly and manage to pick up the Carling Cup as well. Champions League I bowed out in the Quarters to Inter and we had a terrible FA cup trip. Got thumped by Tottenham 4-0 in the fourth round!

Premier League ladder (2010/2011)

2utrzg7.png

Footballer of the Year

2jb19i.png

Team of the Year

10i5q4o.png

My only notable first-team signing was Eneyeama. Arsenal have not had a stable keeper since that one year Lehmann went well. I knew from the start that is all I needed.

My only 'average' performer is the captain and the teams highest asset, Fabregas. Which is real shame, as his stats in the second season are up there in the calibre of Xavi. During the second season, I want to get him more involved in the game so I tried at least 20 different tactics - whether they be variation of what was already provided or a completely new tactic. 4-2-3-1 seemed a reasonable option (even a 4-1-1-3-1 at one stage), but I found it wasn't as stable as the 4-2-4 wonder tactic - even if I was getting the results.

t5hwev.png

I pulled back into the 4-2-4 wonder tactic and tried to change the mentality and roles of Wilshere and Fabregas. Wilshere as box-to-box (support) and Fabregas as Advanced Playmaker (attacking/support). Once again, I got the results - but I wasn't as strong as I was in the first season. I often found Fabregas was caught out in a counter attack as the opposition would one-two their way through the midfield. I was allowing the opposition too much possession and as a result, more shots, more clear cut chances, more goals, more draws/losses..

Here is some screenshots of my current squad (yes, I went transfer happy) and my current league position. Got knocked out early on the Carling Cup, but I am still alive in all other competitions.

307lrb5.png

Arguero. I signed him for 39million over two years with no payments up front. I didn't need him to be honest as Chamakh/RVP/Walcott/Bendter were fine for me in the first season, but he has justified his fee already this year. He's only young and will continue to improve. I also picked up Lukaku, Sergio (re-gen), Hulk, Varane (currently out on loan) and a whole lot of youth players (mostly re-gens).

k4a15j.png

I am very eager to trial the next version of this tactic as the first issue has brought so much success. I would be grateful if the Fabregas issue was addressed as I feel his talents are put to waste. Do you know when that will be available?

Does this work on 11.2.1?

what is the match prep...ask assistant?

also what do you use for team talk before during and after matches?

Last edited:
I'm having some problems with this tactic at the moment, though I suspect it's related to personnel rather than the tactic.

I'm playing as Notts County and am in my first season and I seem to be conceding a **** of a lot of goals. From watching the games, it seems opposition players are getting in behind the fullbacks too easily. Sometimes wingers will just drift past the fullbacks like they don't exist.

My back 4 at the moment consists of:

LB - Andy Frampton (Got him on the cheap from Milwall)
CB - Sodje (Pacy strong CB)
CB - Shane Lowry (On loan from Villa)
RB - Shaun Cummings (Loan from Reading)

Also, another question, I don't have any midfielders particularly suited to playing deep lying playmaker, is it feasible to have one set as a ball winner ot something?

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:42 PM ----------

In fact, the amount of goals I'm conceding is abysmal. Opposing players just drift through my lines with no obvious signs of a tackle from my players. God forbid if they break away from a corner or free kick, that results in a goal every single time.

i've been using this tactic for 2 seasons :)

Won the Premier league twice, once with 110+ goals and the other with 125 goals, and respectively 92 points and 93 points O.O
Every game i had 3~6 goals.
Sadly i lost both Champions League finale's :(, but that's probably because of my management skills xD

Love this tactic, very good! I have noticed it struggles in some matches in Europe. Also, when you're not really dominating and haven't scored what tactical advice do you give? In some matches, it's been fairly scrappy with the opposition shading it and they score, what do you do? I try to go more attacking and it always fails.

i tend to put fullbacks and inside forwards on support , put tempo and defensive line around the half way mark
also take off setting of playing through the middle to mixed... ive been testing a new tactic with arsenal, won the quadruple first season

Whenever i go to the host site to download it wont let me :( really wanna use it!! first season in Champions League with Sunderland :(

Version 4: The new and improved tactic, started a new game with arsenal and won quadruple first season..

Download Link: Click Here

Below include some screenshots of new tactic in action including the FA Cup final and CL final[/CENTER]

Last edited: